UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it better to ignore rape? I feel there's a right way and a wrong way to handle it. I feel like it was way to ham fisted in "the evil that men do" but I always thought the purple man / Jessica Jones story had quite a bit of gravitas to it

but, to the best of my recollection, the hood has nothing to do with rape

I get that it's a real problem in the world, and I don't want to pretend like it doesn't exist, but it just takes the fun out of comics, which even when they're serious are still supposed to be enjoyable. It just seems very gratuitous and I have a hard time finding an example of when it was used well. Even in Identity Crisis which was a great story, I felt like it could just as easily have been another act to set the events in motion.

Wonder if the final Bobby is going to have the black detailing on his costume like the others? Was just looking back through the thread for something and I hadn't noticed before that it's missing on the proto.

Same here. I crave authenticity. Well, as much as I can get considering the block figure format.

Wonder if the final Bobby is going to have the black detailing on his costume like the others? Was just looking back through the thread for something and I hadn't noticed before that it's missing on the proto.

Same here. I crave authenticity. Well, as much as I can get considering the block figure format.

I'd prefer the black detail too, but it's not a deal breaker if not.

Zach, would you say getting Best to complete this set (below) is not going to happen?

pack0818f_lg.jpg

I've customised one, but it is lacking due to not having the power house chest piece.

I only ask now as this set makes me think of displaying all the incarnations of the original 5 together, in a sort of 'through the ages' set.

What about offering the chest piece as an extra in a future set, similar to Cyclops shoulder piece?

Edited by Pete

I really wish they would leave rape out of comics, it's just a little too much real world for comics to me.

agreed. It has no place in entertainment, IMO.

As with any act of violence, so long as it's not gratuitous and works within the context of the story, I'll allow rape if a creator really feels the need to use it. For example I'd expect a totally uncontrolled Ultimate Hulk to go after Freddie Prinze, Jr. because he caught him with Betty but I don't believe that Joker raped Barbara Gordon in "The Killing Joke." It just seems out of character for the Clown Prince of Crime, despite all the other shit he's put his victims through.

That said, while I've been desensitized to most other despicable crimes, rape still sickens me to the core. I've avoided reading "Kick-Ass 2" since I found out there's a rape scene in it. The act just makes me very, very angry.

Meanwhile, in Pulp Fiction Land, raped Marsellus Wallace is being referred to as "battle-damaged," among other things. Dunno.gif

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FX-Men_Legends_Jubliee_BAF_Wave&pic=X-Men_Legends_TRU_ExclusivesJubileeBAF_Stryfe_01.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=17526

I wish to rescind my prior poo pooing and instead throw my hat in the ring for at least me if not TWO Stryfe's. if I can get a Marvel Select Mephisto throne cheap, I'm customizing one Stryfe to sit on the throne with a fabric cape.

Marvel Legends hasn't done Magneto since 2003. This one might not be great, but i still think a lot of people will want him. Hopefully this will translate to plenty of Jubilee arms in eBay.