UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zach - I just noticed the new profile picture. Awesome!!! Did the whole crew get themselves or did you cobble that together yourself?

It was actually a birthday present from YouBastards. It is now my prized possession after my children. Are children possessions? No? Okay, after my C.O.P.S. collection. Plus, my old Mini-Me only had an old Homies microphone, but now my new Mini-Me has a laptop, two Minimates, a gun and a coffin! So excited!

This is off topic, but I just noticed we share a birthday, Zach. Happy birthday!

Happy birthday, Tetton!

BoAYUnyIAAARJcA.jpg

BoAY82uIgAASBZE.jpg

Early paint samples. Beast's feet are not final.

I got these suckers on Pre-order! I am late to the Minimate game so I am way behind on X-Men but thankfully I have ones I can get from the new waves that are actually attainable. Would really love getting a Mystique or a Deathstrike though since people are trying to charge way to much for older Minis these days. I really like that Bobby Drake hopefully he is with the Pre-order from BBTS.

Oooooooh - that's a very nice alternate Jean head. Way to go and make these highly desirable for long-term collectors :P

It's a shame about Bobby's black bits, but i suspect that some careful sharpie application might just do the trick.

Will Jean come with that awesome action stand?

Sorry, but I really don't think that it should depend on me or anyone else to "fix" a wrong color scheme. If we have this open communication area with the company and we're able to point that there's something wrong with the chosen colors of a future relase, why not fix it before releasing it, even if it's a variant figure. As far as I know most of the collectors present here care about such things as color accuracy. That's my opinion. I'll buy the whole set anyway but I'd much more pleased to know that my Bobby Drake Minimate is the closest he could be of what he's supposed to represent.

Dannii, without going back and doing a head count, I would say so far it seems like a fairly even split between your camp who wants 100 percent accuracy and my camp that wants something that looks more like the classic version. I can understand your argument, right up until you start saying "most" when that hasn't really seemed to be the case.

Would i rather have an accurate ANXM Bobby? Yes. BUT, this one satisfies the people who want a Champions Bobby and with a bit of black paint you can get your ANXM Bobby. I know that having to modify a fig shouldn't be a thing, but when you go to the 1/6 camp and see that even though you are buying a 300 dollar collectible and still have to modify the hell out of it, a bit of black paint to please both parties sounds good to me.

Edited by Kostisfire