UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is the TRU17 Nova different enough from the MM51 Nova to warrant a separate MMDB entry?

Ivan

MMDB Entry  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Is the TRU17 Nova different enough from the MM51 Nova to warrant a separate MMDB entry?

• Yes, separate entries
    • No, same entry

I'm of two minds about this so I thought I'd get some outside opinions. From the neck down, are these two different figures? (Left: MM51, Right: TRU17)

fig1640flg.jpgfig1640f4lg.jpg
(Please ignore the alternate head and helmet on TRU17, it does come with the exact same head and helmet as MM51, I just didn't shoot that photo.)

The difference comes down to the different shoulder pieces.

Currently I have them as the same entry on the Minimate Database. But that was set up before I had TRU17 in hand. I'm leaning toward separate entries now, but I don't know. Are they different enough?

Pedants welcome.

As a person who uses the database to spot any potential differences in releases, my vote is to make it a separate entry. Personally, I feel like the different parts (shoulder pads) are enough to offset the seeming redundancy.

If the difference was more like the original Street Fighter releases (whos 4 pack figures sported slightly thicker decal lines than their 2 pack counterparts), then I'd say no. But different shoulders and different faces is enough to warrant its own enry, imo :)

I would say that they're different. I bought an extra Nova when I noticed the shoulder pieces. Then again, I recently bought the SF II four packs when I noticed the paint differences between the regular figures. So I'm probably kind of picky about it.