UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers 2 Age of Ultron (2015)

MINI_MYTE

Vin Diesel meeting with Marvel

I'm posting here but have a feeling he could be a part of GotG (voice of Groot?). Vision? Thanos? What do you guys think?

Revisiting old story ... so could Diesel be Ultron (or at least the voice of Ultron)? His voice-work was perfect for the Iron Giant; something similar would be great imo for Ultron.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I think ultron will have something to do with Stark and a rogue sentient iron man armour with corrupted Jarvis AI.

That is more in-line with exactly what i'm thinking. Corrupt JARVIS (or Coulson since i'm still putting money on the LMD/Vision thing) takes over an IM armor and makes modifications like the helmet; i could see it being a mix of Annihilation and Classic armor. Tony making Ultron would completely retcon the entire point of IM3.

The Hawkeye news is the best news ever. Not sure it confirms Renner, but any more Hawkeye is good Hawkeye.

There were "reports" online that he pissed off some Marvel execs by complaining about the amount of screentime he got in Avengers, but that could just be internet rumors, who knows.

It was also rumored that he wasn't contracted for multiple movies like the rest of the actors.

Well Marvel certainly did their part to make him generic and forgettable enough that a recast wouldn't be earth shattering IMO. But I do think he's potentially good for the role, so I would rather them stick with him.

• 1 month later...

I never thought of Spader as having much emotional range. He usually seemed to have a pretty steady heart rate, no matter what was going on. So, appropriate. One of the greatest of all '80s douchebag frat boy/businessman/drug dealer types.

Edited by karamazov80

Why do I think ultron will have something to do with Stark and a rogue sentient iron man armour with corrupted Jarvis AI.

That is more in-line with exactly what i'm thinking. Corrupt JARVIS (or Coulson since i'm still putting money on the LMD/Vision thing) takes over an IM armor and makes modifications like the helmet; i could see it being a mix of Annihilation and Classic armor. Tony making Ultron would completely retcon the entire point of IM3.

I disagree. I think it would be a natural evolution of Tony, who now feels this responsibility to continue protecting the world yet a responsibility to Pepper to not risk himself therefore he builds Ultron to take his place in the Iron Man armor. He's the face of Iron Man but Ultron is why he's not dying out in the field. This armor goes rogue, becomes the Ultron we know and love, and starts tear-assing around the world and the Avengers have to buck up and fight him with Tony taking to the suit once more.

I disagree. I think it would be a natural evolution of Tony, who now feels this responsibility to continue protecting the world yet a responsibility to Pepper to not risk himself therefore he builds Ultron to take his place in the Iron Man armor. He's the face of Iron Man but Ultron is why he's not dying out in the field. This armor goes rogue, becomes the Ultron we know and love, and starts tear-assing around the world and the Avengers have to buck up and fight him with Tony taking to the suit once more.

That is the best theory so far with him not being Iron Man in costume, +1 to you Trekker!

Yeah I can see it, but remember these WERE destroyed... Meaning if Ultron is an Iron Man armor, Ultron will be a new Iron Man armor.

Whatever he is, I'm freaking stoked for Age of Ultron. He's just such a nifty villain...

my guess is Ultron wont be as straight forward as people think, yes sure Tony will most likely/totally create him but not just straight up and I REALLY dont think/hope its not a corrupt Jarvis since that is not a natural progression

my guess is Tony has a few things in the woodworks since IM3

1. using an Ironman drone controlled remotely to still save people while multi-tasking, which prevents him from being in harms way

2. new artificial intelligence system named Ultron which is designed to generate new solutions for saving the earth (stopping global warming, finding new sustainable energy sources, etc)

3. a new global defense system that works as a planetary force field of sorts (obviously this is only in the design phase and requires the UN to sign off on it)

these 3 projects end up colliding when Ultron comes up with the solution that the only way to save the earth effectively is to wipe out all humans on it. Ultron then downloads himself into all of stark's tech but remains hidden, starting construction on the Stark global protection system, once the units are complete he takes over the Ironman armor (and any other armors that Stark has built since IM3) and starts putting them in place, using them he takes over every computer system on the planet and puts the planet into lockdown. Meanwhile Tony has to build a new suit that doesnt utilizes a computer system that Ultron can hack and ends up using some of the Chitauri technology that SHIELD recovered from the battle in new york.

obviously this needs some tweaking and specific details but thats my hope for the basic plot

They better not pull a fucking "Mandarin" with Ultron. dry.png

Whedon says Ultron is his favorite Avengers villain. Sure he may be tinkering with the origin a bit, but the character will be the character: A badass pissed off robot.

how would one "pull a mandarin" with Ultron?

obviously the origin wont be exactly like the comic, to be honest his origin isnt of much consequence, all that matters is hes a robot with the power to take on Earths Mightiest Heroes

Agreed, but I don't think Whedon would do that.

I hope Hawkeye has a much bigger role in this film than he did in the original. As much as I loved The Avengers, I was (and still am) pissed off by how tiny Hawkeye's role was.

I'm a tad disappointed that Ultron will be the villain this time, and not Thanos. Don't get me wrong, Ultron is a great villain, but I'd have preferred to see him in a future installment. The mid-credits scene in The Avengers made me super stoked to see Thanos.

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

Agreed, but I don't think Whedon would do that.

I hope Hawkeye has a much bigger role in this film than he did in the original. As much as I loved The Avengers, I was (and still am) pissed off by how tiny Hawkeye's role was.

I'm a tad disappointed that Ultron will be the villain this time, and not Thanos. Don't get me wrong, Ultron is a great villain, but I'd have preferred to see him in a future installment. The mid-credits scene in The Avengers made me super stoked to see Thanos.

We will see Thanos in The Guardians of the Galaxy. The main villain is Ronan the Accuser, but Thanos will be very much in it.

how would one "pull a mandarin" with Ultron?

obviously the origin wont be exactly like the comic, to be honest his origin isnt of much consequence, all that matters is hes a robot with the power to take on Earths Mightiest Heroes

Or maybe he's just some eccentric British dude disguised as a robot. (And THAT'S how you pull a "Mandarin!")

• 2 weeks later...

I read a pretty cool theory a while back. With Scott Lang involved, Pym is most likely going to be established as having invented all sorts of cool stuff, there has even been some speculation Pym's going to be older than most of the Avengers, and we'll see his Antman days in flashback. Anywho, someone suggested the idea that Stark finds the schematics for Ultron, made by Pym, and then builds it himself. That'd be a pretty interesting take on him. But who knows, maybe Shield makes him or something.

Either way, I hope J.A.R.V.I.S turns into The Vision. Paul Betttany has the build for it.

Anyone else here feel that Quicksilver appearing in both DOFP and Avengers 2 could be problematic?

I read a pretty cool theory a while back. With Scott Lang involved, Pym is most likely going to be established as having invented all sorts of cool stuff, there has even been some speculation Pym's going to be older than most of the Avengers, and we'll see his Antman days in flashback. Anywho, someone suggested the idea that Stark finds the schematics for Ultron, made by Pym, and then builds it himself. That'd be a pretty interesting take on him. But who knows, maybe Shield makes him or something.

Either way, I hope J.A.R.V.I.S turns into The Vision. Paul Betttany has the build for it.

Anyone else here feel that Quicksilver appearing in both DOFP and Avengers 2 could be problematic?

Honestly, I don't see why Bryan Singer insists on including Quicksilver in DOFP. Was he even part of that storyline in the comics?

I don't think so, apart from maybe having his name on a tombstone. But then, the same goes for several potential characters they have involved. From Cyclops and Jean being teachers to teenaged Iceman, Colossus, and Rogue, to White Queen being a young woman in both the early 80s and early 60s, to First Class being all over the place, relevancy of characters to comic-based storylines seems an afterthought in this franchise.