UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies

Zak Katz

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that no corresponding Heroes set is being released. Unless maybe they are getting a whole wave of primarily heroes? That old set was a looong time ago. Lots of other collectors don't the old set and are going to want them alongside the villains obviously.

Edited by karamazov80

Not sure what villains are possible, but hopefully the set sells well!

ALL the villains :) Seriously, I don't care if they were in the comic or not, I'd still buy every Marvel Zombie Minimate.

I meant just villain box sets in general, not just zombies. Basically I'm trying to work the Wrecking Crew into any discussion about a box set....

I suspect this is because Marvel put a stop to Zombie merchandise of their heroes because they didn't want small kids seeing a flood of zombie stuff and seeing spiderman as a zombie and getting confused/upset.

With a set of villains it makes more sense that Marvel would let that happen?

T.

If zombie Spidey might upset the kiddies, imagine how confused/upset they'll be when they find out Peter Parker is dead and Doctor Octopus has been under the mask for months.

What, what, what?!

I like these, I was kind of hoping for the heroes version though for a bulked up Hulk and a Thor.

I suspect this is because Marvel put a stop to Zombie merchandise of their heroes because they didn't want small kids seeing a flood of zombie stuff and seeing spiderman as a zombie and getting confused/upset.

With a set of villains it makes more sense that Marvel would let that happen?

T.

That was my thinking also. When I first saw this thread, I remembered how it was talked about that Marvel didn't want their heroes portrayed zombified, but villains would be an easy way to get around that. This sure seems like a loophole to me. Or maybe there will be an all heroes zombie set exclusive to Disney Stores or something.

Not sure what villains are possible, but hopefully the set sells well!

ALL the villains smile.png Seriously, I don't care if they were in the comic or not, I'd still buy every Marvel Zombie Minimate.

Well, technically zombie Galactus wasn't in the comic, nor was a zombie Magneto (although I may be wrong on that). Plus, Red Skull couldn't really look like that and still be able to pull out Col. America's brains, right? I don't think the set is meant to be cannon, just a set full of zombie villains.

So excited for these!!!!!!

Zombie_Minimates__scaled_600.jpg

A Diamond Select Release! Designed by Art Asylum! The end of days must
be upon us, because Marvel Zombies Minimates are back! This time, DST
and Art Asylum have zombified four already-frightening villains of the
Marvel Universe: the Red Skull, the Green Goblin, Magneto and Galactus!
Each Minimate stands 2 inches tall with a variety of interchangeable and
decomposing parts. Packaged in a full-color window box.

Look for these to be released in October 2013.

This is a marketing slam-dunk for DST! It's combining their two biggest minimate properties right now: Marvel & Zombies (Walking Dead). They're bright & colourful - very toyetic. It has some serious name recognition & it's even getting DST a bit more bang for their buck on several very specific parts, which otherwise might not be usable (Galactus, i'm looking at you and [your goofy hat!])

I'm on board. Despite coming a little late to the minimates game, i've actually managed to find all the Marvel Zombie sets. These will look great with them :)

They'll look great, but they're just "made-up." For me personally, I would prefer any minimates to be from a comic. They will be a pass.

They'll look great, but they're just "made-up." For me personally, I would prefer any minimates to be from a comic. They will be a pass.

I wouldn't say made up... Magneto and Galactus are the only ones never shown to become zombies, but I guess it can be assumed, since magneto is bitten, as is Galactus

Marvel_Zombies_Vol_1_4_page_--_Johann_ShNorman_Osborn_%28Earth-2149%29.jpg

Wasp_grabs_a_bite_to_eat.jpg

Edited by Zexion_Armando