UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

SO, is this confirmation that Wave 54 is going to be a Captain America wave??

Let's take a look!

>We recently found a Captain America costume we haven't done yet. Needless to say, we're all very ex

cited.

Nope, not seeing anything about Series 54. But feel free to read in whatever you like!

How about telling us what your favorite corner of the Marvel Universe is! smile.png

Didn't Zach say it was comedy?

Speaking of comedy, I wouldn't mind an Impossible Man Minimate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea when we'll start seeing these in the wild?

I think it's safe to assume that Wave 17 will be shown at SDCC and then from there it can be any time really for release {probably October the earliest, but then again I am not great with guessing dates}

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's safe to assume that Wave 17 will be shown at SDCC and then from there it can be any time really for release {probably October the earliest, but then again I am not great with guessing dates}

As a follow up to the post above, in the wave 16 thread Zach that wave 17 is ready to ship and we will have more news very soon

As a follow up to the post above, in the wave 16 thread Zach that wave 17 is ready to ship and we will have more news very soon

*drool

I was thinking if they decide to do an Age of Ultron box set then it would make sense to include AoU Wolverine and Future Foundation Invisible Woman. It could always not include either of them, and then they could be sent to a TRU exclusive wave. Just makes sense because they only made her invisible so far.

• 2 weeks later...

First space suit Wolverine and now Mecha Hulk. Appears DST is being visited by the ghosts of Toy Biz past.

Actually they're the second & third nods to ToyBiz....

Way back I wondered why they didn't look like those in the comic and did a little digging...The paragraph explains all and ripped from the OAFE review of the Vault Guard.

"This Vault Guard is more heavily armored than the version you're familiar with - he uses Lex Luthor's boots and gloves, and the bulky chest armor introduced for Series 23's War Machine. Why this, rather than the more familiar look the Guards have always sported in the comics? It's a rather obscure reference, really: in the '90s, ToyBiz made a toyline to tie into the Iron Man cartoon; four series reached shelves, but there was a fifth planned that got cancelled; ToyBiz didn't want to let the tools go to waste, though, so they purposed the bodies into a few different lines - that's the reason there are entire series of X-Men andSpider-Man wearing armor, for instance. Anyway, the planned "Lava Armor Iron Man" was painted yellow and green, and released in the "Spider-Man: Techno Wars" line as the Vault Guard. So this one's bulky armor is a reference to that. Don't like it? The set includes extra hands and feet so you can make the plain version if you want."

T.

First space suit Wolverine and now Mecha Hulk. Appears DST is being visited by the ghosts of Toy Biz past.

If it means we get toys that the old ToyBiz lines did in the 90's like Random, Fitzroy, 90's Domnino, Blob, Forge, Banshee, Strong Guy, Helmet Weapon X, Ahab, Maverick, Senyaka, Sunfire, Cameron Hodge, Corsair, Ch'od, Raza, Gladiator, Silver Samurai, Deathbird, etc... etc... etc... then i'm all for it :)