UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawkeye and Nova are definitely from their marvel now appearances in current comics. I don't have any idea which comic elektro is based on.

Hawkeye-1-Variant-geeksmash.jpg

Nova_1_Cover_02.jpg

The nova from the wave 51 is the new Marvel Now look as it has a black helmet (only from what I've seen from the covers) This one I dunno as the costume design looks like the Now look but helmet is wrong colour.

As I havent read any Nova stuff it could be an alternate look and I would be happy with anyone with any knowledge to share.

The nova/venom 2pack seems like an ultimate spider-man cartoon tie in. Venom is in his purple color scheme and i think this nova is just a repaint of sam's current look. It's not canon to the books but since in the usm cartoon this is the color scheme i bet they did that to accompany the show. Maybe they got the rights to the marvel shows? Or maybe it's a nova corpsman. We got classic corpsmen in wave 50 and we're getting modern corpsmen in tru 17.

Ok so heres some clearing up:

Nova in 51 is based on marvel now!

Nova in this wave is Sam Alexander as well, but yes his color scheme is influenced by the USM tv show

Electro is based on ultimate spiderman, show and comics

Venom is more a mix, due to his purple coloration

But one is Doc Ock, I think, according to Kosti....

They both are. Superior is Octopus. He's had a few costumes.

Looking at better pics, Widow might need a new face. Not "pretty" enough for Nat. But that's no big deal, I've got plenty of extras lying around. Hawkeye is still too cool.

After amazing spidey 700 Ock transfered his mind in Peter's body. He got Pete's memories so he became a "good" guy. But after issue 9 he erased Parker's memories so now he still is a good guy but he is a bit more brutal. So, in wave 51 we get the costume he wore from superior 1-13 and the one in wave 17 is the new superior costume. Personally i like this direction because the spidey comics had started to become quite boring. I'm not that big of a fan of Otto (i prefer good ol' Pete) but Otto does some things better (he applies himself to science more, he creates new devices, he's getting a doctorate, he takes care of May more,etc) but he still is a jackass. It's a love/hate relationship but i'm enjoying the book enough to add superior spidey team up to my pull list. It's a fun book that apart from Otto's monologue has something new to offer with each issue. Anyway, all the marvel stuff that were shown in comic con were fantastic but i was expecting to see another box set or two. I just hope we get an anouncement for the tru box set soon.

Nova comes with two helmets and two heads, so he can also be his dad.

Venom is just a more purple version of the one in the box set.

Not sure what Electro looks like in the comics nowadays, but it was meant to be Ultimate. This Spidey is Superior 2.0. Pretty sure we've mixed universes in two-packs before, and I don't see why it would be an issue for anybody.