UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man and Hulk are two of the biggest names in Marvel, I kind of wish they would be used to "anchor" lesser characters, but I'll wait and see what the announcement is.

This thumbsup.gif

Where is that Mecha Hulk from? I don't remember ever seeing that.

Look earlier in the thread. It is based on a ToyBiz figure, which is pretty cool.

Robot Hulks have popped up in the comics from time to time, but Mecha-Hulk was a tool of the evil villain Gremlin and was made into a figure by Toy Biz. Its a great figure that I was messing with just last night. Looks like a cross between Hulk and a Terminator T-800.

Robot Hulks have popped up in the comics from time to time, but Mecha-Hulk was a tool of the evil villain Gremlin and was made into a figure by Toy Biz. Its a great figure that I was messing with just last night. Looks like a cross between Hulk and a Terminator T-800.

Shanester, do you know what specific storyline Gremlin used a Mecha-Hulk in?

Zach, it's hard to tell from the picture, does Venom still have a slightly purple hue like at SDCC?

Yes, he's really a very dark purple. So Symbiote Spidey is, as well.

Look earlier in the thread. It is based on a ToyBiz figure, which is pretty cool.

Not really based on the figure, as they look pretty different, but we were inspired by that as well as images like this:

Robot_Hulk_2.jpg

Hulk_Iron_Man_Robot_%28Earth-616%29_1.JP

No, the Toybiz version of Mecha-Hulk never appeared in the comics. However, there have been robot Hulks in the comics and if I remember correctly, they have all been dead ringers for Hulk. T-Bolt Ross used robot Hulks to train the Hulkbusters.

Zach, it's hard to tell from the picture, does Venom still have a slightly purple hue like at SDCC?

Yes, he's really a very dark purple. So Symbiote Spidey is, as well.

>

Not really based on the figure, as they look pretty different, but we were inspired by that as well as images like this:

Robot_Hulk_2.jpg

Hulk_Iron_Man_Robot_%28Earth-616%29_1.JP

If wave 17 Hulk is based on *that* Hulk does that mean we won’t get one based more directly on the art work? Because I want *THAT* Hulk (and wave 17 Hulk, and I’m keeping my custom Toy-Biz style Mecha-Hulk... basically I’ll take every Robot Hulk you can make... also a Robot Spider-man and Ragnorok... maybe a Wolverine Skeleton/Albert/heavy battle damage Wolverine too.... robots are neat.)

This wave is an absolute embarrassment of riches. Well done doesn't even begin to cover it.

The only wish I would have is that it was a specialty release and not a TRU release. Finding these, especially multiples, is going to be a pain. This wave would have easily been a custom case order from Luke.

I'm really glad these aren't at specialty. I understand the limitations DST was facing and I think they've done a great job in spite of them, but I'd be really annoyed at a specialty wave that included slight repaints of two previously released figures, a made-up Hulk variant, and an Ultimate character. So even though they look pretty good I'm happy they're at TRU so it's easier to pick and choose.