UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

I myself would love an x-men wave! A new 90's gambit, an updated beast, throw some shi-ar and boom! You got yourself one killer wave! Actually, i'm excited to see what the spider themed characters are (or is this line up in tru 17)?

Hell yeah a updated 90's gambit !

Hopefully he will have 2 hair pieces !

I missed on the first gambit so i'd like to see a 90s gambit and psylocke 2pack. It'd be the same but maybe with more accessories and it would give newcomers another chance at these hard to find characters. Come to think of it, i like a new uncanny x force 4pack. Psylocke, puck and the two fantomexes with a complimentary two pack of bishop an the evil fantomex.

Maybe a new Best of wave 3 for Betsy And Lebeau ?

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself would love an x-men wave! A new 90's gambit, an updated beast, throw some shi-ar and boom! You got yourself one killer wave! Actually, i'm excited to see what the spider themed characters are (or is this line up in tru 17)?

I missed on the first gambit so i'd like to see a 90s gambit and psylocke 2pack. It'd be the same but maybe with more accessories and it would give newcomers another chance at these hard to find characters. Come to think of it, i like a new uncanny x force 4pack. Psylocke, puck and the two fantomexes with a complimentary two pack of bishop an the evil fantomex.

Maybe a new Best of wave 3 for Betsy And Lebeau ?

That'd be great!

this super adaptoid

images1_zps66c051b5.jpg

who at one point was mass produced by AIM

406px-Adaptoids_zps27415e4f.jpeg

so I guess I should have been clearer, I want a Super Adaptoid spawn, that can double as the classic SA

also I was thinking of this falcon

457860-falcon550_zpsd16cc83d.jpg

and Black Widow would come with extra hair for Yelena Belova

and lastly just to clarify even more

I was thinking this look for Dane

923455-black_knight_color_zps08ee993f.jp

and this one for Nathan

406px-Garrett_zpscffc45f9.jpg

Black Knight is very high on my list of wants, but I'd hope he would come with extra parts for a 90's version:

0357_zps4fff3e36.jpg

This is how he appeared in every book I read as a kid so my Avengers team wouldn't seem right without him.

Edited by stack32

I missed him, too. I wouldn't mind an updated 90s Gambit, but not now. I'd rather see a lot of new characters get made, first.

Just buy the first one!!!! I know you live across the sea but for real if you want them so bad you want a remake, you should just pony up.

You to MinnesotaIceman

I think they should save the hard to find 'mates for Best of Waves, it's the best of both worlds. People who missed out get another bite at the apple, everyone who has one already can skip it if they'd like. I don't mind them doing rereleases like Gambit now that they have the ideal place for them with the "Best of" waves.

Just buy the first one!!!! I know you live across the sea but for real if you want them so bad you want a remake, you should just pony up.

You to MinnesotaIceman

He's pretty pricey. But like I said, if they do remake him, it should be AFTER they've released several characters that haven't gotten the Minimate treatment yet. Or release him as part of a "Best of" wave, like the others said.

I've been a collector just starting in this line like everyone here, and I spent a lot of time and money on eBay looking for the best deals, if you want something you should get it, instead of wishing for a more convenient way. We did get a new Strange and and new Silver Surfer, both of who I find to be on the more rare and expensive side so never say never. I'm not trying to be cynical, I just have paid roughly $35 for him, and Surfer, and Hulk Buster and almost that much for Bullseye, all new. I hope they make Gambit for you guys that didn't get him, but he's pretty solid as is, best wishes.

Yeah 'mates should be updated by need (redoing old styled releases) and never scarcity... Unless you can release a similar but still different version I.e. Deadpool. They nailed Gambit, he's perfect. And I'm hard pressed to think of a viable alt look for him.

Black Knight is very high on my list of wants, but I'd hope he would come with extra parts for a 90's version:

0357_zps4fff3e36.jpg

This is how he appeared in every book I read as a kid so my Avengers team wouldn't seem right without him.

If they do make Dane without those parts, it ought to be an easy enough kit bash if you get an extra Avengers coat Cap.

We ABSOLUTELY need Herc in that costume though... With a beard.

Edited by sha_ckwave

I agree Valo ....to a degree....I'd prefer a slight/minimal/tiny difference in the 'Best of' versions which will keep my juices flowing thumbsup.gif

For the record I've done a fair few trades in my time & nobody...nobody....has ever asked for Gambit (loose) .

I agree, I'm thinking the long hair look would be a good one to go back to.

so Zach said on page 2 there had been alot of right guesses so far, here is the list of guesses made before that comment

Sunfire
Banshee
Variant Havok modern UA costume
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Mojo
AOA
Doppelganger Spider-man
Black Knight
Quicksilver
Blob
Young Avengers
Hulk
bulked-up Abomination
Red She-Hulk
Titania, Hercules
Variant Doc Samson
A-Bomb
Leader
Zzzax
a Harpy army builder

Hulkbuster Iron Man

Iron Spidey

Justin Hammer

Battle-damaged Hammer Drone

AIM Soldier

Wolfsbane 90's for the regular, X-Force for the variant

SHIELD Agent

Enchantress

Executioner

Hydra Soldier (basically just the hydra agent with different accessories)

Nick Fury (WWII)

Nick Fury (redo of his shield look)

Marvel Now Thor

Absorbing Man

The Captain(black/red look)

Batroc the Leaper

Surtur

Ulik

red Guardian

Baron Von Strucker

Nighthawk

Mockingbird
Hellcat

Tigra

the Brotherhood

Freedom Force

They rereleased Sabretooth and Wolverine with very little extra or difference between them and the originals....Id like to see a 'best of x men' wave with

90's Gambit/90's Storm (change facial expressions, add another hairpiece for Gambit and a flight stand for Storm)

Juggernaut/Nightcrawler (Excalibur rereleases with modifications)

Byrne Cyclops/Dark Phoenix (Optic blast, Phoenix base)

Diamond Emma Frost/Astonishing Wolverine (AvX Emma in transleucent plastic)

I really hope 54 is X Men themed, but the army builder is the only thing that makes me think it wont be. Highly requested AND not in the fan poll? It has to be the HAMMER Soldier. Which means it's Captain America. Weak!

Hammer Agents were in the fan poll. So, no.

Here are the poll characters, with the MMMV poll totals provided for the "losers."

Army Builders
Dire Wraiths (7 votes [4.35%])
HAMMER Agents (13 votes [8.07%])
Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic) (38 votes [23.60%])
Mandroids (23 votes [14.29%])
Mindless Ones (11 votes [6.83%])
Nova Corps Centurions
Stepford Cuckoos (31 votes [19.25%])
Warwolves (14 votes [8.70%])

Hmmmmm. So there is still hope that its an X Men themed wave.

Is Wendigo considered an X Men character? He appeared in the Konami game but I'm not familiar with his origins or affiliations, but he is also an army builder so......

Banshee/Blob

Sunfire/Pyro

Mojo/Wendigo

Apocolypse/Wendigo

Still fits the criteria (2 heroes, 1 new. 4 villans, 3 new. Three poll runners up. One Uncanny Avenger. Villanous Army Builder).

Hmmmmm. So there is still hope that its an X Men themed wave.

Banshee/Sunfire

Blob/Pyro

Mojo/

Apocolypse/

Still fits the criteria (2 heroes, 1 new. 4 villans, 3 new. Three poll runners up. One Uncanny Avenger. Villanous Army Builder).

I think you could have it, basically, though I feel like Wendigo HAS to be wrong. A highly requested thematically appropriate X-family army builder not from the poll...

Purifiers

Acolytes

Modern Nimrod

Phalanx

N'Gari demon

Shi'ar soldier

Of all of the above, I feel the Puriifers ad Acolytes have the most toyetic looks and the most heat behind em. Phalanx would be pretty BA too, though... or what about just some racist humans? Random people in normal clothes with "Die Mutie Scum" signs? How cool would THAT be? Give each one a couple of signs, and any plain clothes Minimate can be recruited to your Homo Sapien army

I'll add that this being green and yellow Banshee over blue and yellow would bum me RIGHT out...

They rereleased Sabretooth and Wolverine with very little extra or difference between them and the originals....Id like to see a 'best of x men' wave with

90's Gambit/90's Storm (change facial expressions, add another hairpiece for Gambit and a flight stand for Storm)

Juggernaut/Nightcrawler (Excalibur rereleases with modifications)

Byrne Cyclops/Dark Phoenix (Optic blast, Phoenix base)

Diamond Emma Frost/Astonishing Wolverine (AvX Emma in transleucent plastic)

I really hope 54 is X Men themed, but the army builder is the only thing that makes me think it wont be. Highly requested AND not in the fan poll? It has to be the HAMMER Soldier. Which means it's Captain America. Weak!

Yes!

Let's go one step further. The Uncanny Avengers roster is...

Captain America

Havok

Rogue

Scarlet Witch

Sunfire

Thor

Wasp

Wolverine

Wonder Man

Cap, Wolverine, and Scarlet Witch are covered.

Havok, Rogue, or Sunfire imply an X-centric wave, and all would qualify as the "previously released hero"

Thor, Wasp, and Wonder Man imply Avengers-centric, and all would qualify as the "previously released hero"

X-wise you've knocked out the only think close to a logical combo, really... Rogue/Havok don't pair very naturally with any of our poll runner-ups, so the Banshee/Sunfire connection makes sense. Though Apocalypse and Mojo being variations of each other seems unlikely, especially as each would require significant tooling. Maybe it would look more like:

Banshee/Apocalypse

Sunfire/Mojo

Fabian Cortez/Acolyte

Amelia Voght/Acolyte

I'd buy that whole wave, but aside from being X-themed, there's not a lot holding it together. most of the characters have NOTHING to dowith each other. On the Avengers side of things, however, Strucker and Wrecker are the only Avengers villains to have made the poll. So let's say...

Wasp/Wrecker

Black Knight/other Wrecking Crew member

Baron Strucker/Updated Hydra agent

Red Skull/Updated Hydra agent

That's three new villains and one old, one new hero and one old, an Uncanny Avenger, a highly requested troop builder not from the fan poll, and three characters that ARE (BK being the third) but more than that, it holds together a little better. Two members of the Avengers, two members of the Wrecking Crew, two heads of Hydra (one of whom was just a central villain to UA) and an update to a major villainous troop builder. Yes? No?

I have a question for Zach.

Do the pairings in this wave make sense (aside from them all being in the same corner of the MU)? I twice listed Banshee/Blob and Pyro/Sunfire as sets because from a marketing perspective it makes sense to me. I feel that Banshee and Sunfire could be anchors and the whole wave would do better than having them both in the same set with what would end up being 3 sets of 2 villians, even though Pyro/Blob makes more sense in an efficient team building way.