UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC LittleMates

MisterPL

Behold, the latest "F@$% YOU!" to DC Minimates!

Granted, this may be more of an art license with adorable versions of classic DC characters plastered upon a variety of plastic tchotchke but whenever I see other little DC figures – especially with the word "mates" in the name – my blood boils with the fire of Vulcan's furnace!

I tried checking out their website but it's still under construction. Nothing like granting a license to a start-up company promoting a website that isn't even ready yet, huh WBCP? That's brilliant marketing!

pirate.gif

The bizarre thing is that these are not new at all but from a Mexican Newspaper Sunday edition promo a few years ago. A buddy of mine was looking for them, apparently they shipped with the Sunday edition, one a week, for a few months.

More recently a smaller scale version started popping up on eBay out of China. I picked up a GL for fun. They're cute enough. The figures I get but the images on pint glasses and the like are just odd IMO.

If you poke around on eBay complete sets have been around for months now and for cheap.

You know what? F@$% you DC! F@$% you! It's clear that they have something against dst. They spend their money just because they don't want to give dst the licence. Why? I don't know. But I know that they are pricks. We ask and ask and ask and they answer with a "D'oh". Oh "D'oh"? That's a big F@$% you to their fans!

I like to believe that when they run out of stupid stunts and minimates will be a lot bigger they will come back. In 2047!

Figures look like children's toys, so I don't see an issue there.

Unless you're the largest toy manufacturer in the world selling these:

F4815-dc-super-friends-batcave-gift-set-

Mattel might have an issue with "LittleMates." If not, great! Then there's nothing holding WB back from letting DST go balls-first into the mass market with DC Minimates!

dry.png

Little people dc? Good for the youngsters I guess. It seems to me that they are trying every figure format. 3.75,6 and so on. The block figure market is the one they haven't found success yet. I like to think that if we pester them enough when the jl movie hits they might come back to dst. Unlikely,sure. 1 in a 1.000.000 sure. But as I say "hope dies last"!

Figures look like children's toys, so I don't see an issue there.

Unless you're the largest toy manufacturer in the world selling these:

F4815-dc-super-friends-batcave-gift-set-

Mattel might have an issue with "LittleMates." If not, great! Then there's nothing holding WB back from letting DST go balls-first into the mass market with DC Minimates!

dry.png

Got these for my nephew a while back. He's not quite ready for Super Hero Legos or minimates but he absolutely loved these!

Edited by jcastick

I love how ticked some of us still get whenever something else not minimates gets annouced from DC. It's like that old girlfriend who dumped you to date someone you consider dorkier than you. Sure she was hot, and the girl you're with now is much hotter and nicer, yet every new dork she dates ticks you off. I don't even want her back, but still stuff like this is just a little galling.