UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2013 Minimate News

Emma Frost = gray girl. Like Magneto, I think her goals and the X-Men's have matched up since Genosha. That and her love for Scott have kept her on the side of the angles. Now she feels betrayed by Scott, and with his team because she has no where else to go. What the future brings is unclear at best. I think she and Magnus are one big push away from villainy again. (as villainous as Emma ever was, she was always more greedy and aristocratic than hardcore evil) YMMV (and somehow I'm pretty sure Matticus' does)

Of course, Scott really needs to go ahead and invite Marko onto his new team, just to round out the group.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at mcrawford's dst booth coverage and came across a photo showing some busts. They had a cutout for hulk and Spider-Man,a painted and ready batman one and an unprinted supes and Wonder Woman two pack. Since when does dst make busts and are dc characters doing there? There are many things from toy fair we don't know. Like what that tmnt thing is.

I was looking at mcrawford's dst booth coverage and came across a photo showing some busts. They had a cutout for hulk and Spider-Man,a painted and ready batman one and an unprinted supes and Wonder Woman two pack. Since when does dst make busts and are dc characters doing there?

Were those busts or banks? Either way, the fact that DST is doing SOMETHING with Warner Bros. – and specifically DC Comics – is good news!

You can't help but wonder what the deal behind this is.Maybe it's the first step.In my opinion there is bad blood between dc and dst due to that batman animation which was made without permission.Maybe they (warner bros) after the success of thundercats and the fact that most of dst and aa has changed want to give it another go but not immediatelly.They will produce banks which if the proccess is smooth may lead to dc mates.That or they're being jackasses and like to tease us.One thing that surprised me was that when people asked about star wars minimates Chuck always said never say never.Though from when disney bought lucasarts his responses are :i don't think it's gonna happen".What caused this? Anyway i'll take this to the speculation thread so i don't flood this thread.

Emma Frost = gray girl. Like Magneto, I think her goals and the X-Men's have matched up since Genosha. That and her love for Scott have kept her on the side of the angles. Now she feels betrayed by Scott, and with his team because she has no where else to go. What the future brings is unclear at best. I think she and Magnus are one big push away from villainy again. (as villainous as Emma ever was, she was always more greedy and aristocratic than hardcore evil) YMMV (and somehow I'm pretty sure Matticus' does)

Of course, Scott really needs to go ahead and invite Marko onto his new team, just to round out the group.

That's why i avoided "good guy" or "bad guy" terms. It's all personal interpretation. I love the Hellfire Club and Emma and quite frankly don't feel they're evil, but the common consensus would be villains. Hell most would call Scott a villain at this point. It's all a grey area but i could see Emma going back to her roots at some point. I wouldn't be shocked if they put her in charge.

I was looking at mcrawford's dst booth coverage and came across a photo showing some busts. They had a cutout for hulk and Spider-Man,a painted and ready batman one and an unprinted supes and Wonder Woman two pack. Since when does dst make busts and are dc characters doing there?

Were those busts or banks? Either way, the fact that DST is doing SOMETHING with Warner Bros. – and specifically DC Comics – is good news!

We're not. Those are Monogram busts at the Diamond Comics booth.

I love how Zach thinks that just because photos weren't allowed (but got taken anyways) that Tomb Raider mates weren't shown at ToyFair 2012. Even though they were. But photos weren't allowed, therefore we didn't see them.

Cut me a break.

Hey, you're the one who said we showed Lara in 2010! Then, when questioned, you said 2011. Now, you're saying February 2012, when I was saying all along it was April 2012! I will admit I forgot she was at NYTF two months prior, but you forgot that you were wrong twice before I was wrong once.

Sorry it's taking so long to finalize the contract, but would you rather we walked away from the deal because we got bored?

Edited by Zach Oat

Here's a video of DST's both at Toy Fair.

It shows way more detailed shots of all the Minimates than any of the Toy Fair pics did.

Worth a watch... http://bkbn.net/video/toyfair2012dst

EDIT:

Pics here too... http://bkbn.net/profiles/blogs/toyfair2013dst

Minimates coverage starts at 1:50 in that video. Good pics so far, wish the narration was better smile.png

Warning: Narrator calls minimates "so cute". Ugh. Don't downplay their awesomeness, bro!

Edited by monkeycrumb

Ooo that wolverine fig looks even better in video! The more I see the marvel now mates the more I want them. I hate waiting. I've gotta stop looking at these things. Time to practice patience.

I hope caps face tampo lines up with his mask better in the final product.