UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure when I see the Wolverine and know who all these characters are I'll like them a lot more, just like Iron Man 3. I like the Wolvie with long hair and the ninjas.

post-6416-0-73387000-1373604998_thumb.jp

These look good, but I'm stunned there's no Silver Samurai. Is he in the works somewhere outside this wave?

maybe he's not the main villain?

or maybe he is... and DST didn't make him (a la Final Battle Killian)

either way... FOUR MORE WOLVERINES!!!! wolverine.gifwolverine.gifwolverine.gifwolverine.gif

I'm just surprised, I remember Hugh Jackman outed him as the villain in an interview before we ever saw a frame of film, I figured he was a sure thing.

I do wish Viper was wearing her green outfit with the long blonde hair from the trailer, but as rushed as these likely were I understand why we're getting the look she has here, it was the first image of her we saw.

Wait for tray shots! I'm sure the ninjas will be cool, and there may be some nice accessories. Wolverine's claws look like a nice sculpt.

Yeah, it is definitely a missed opportunity not having the Silver Samurai in this set. But then economics and time frame probably played a part in this. Seemed like the Movie Mates tend to be very "basic". No time for sculpting new parts.

um most if not all of the recent movie waves have had new sculpts.

Anyways! At the next Minimate Awards Hugh Jackman needs to get some kind of Lifetime Achievement Award for having the most minimate versions of him (11!!!!)

I'm happy for bearded logan though. He's already my favorite

Yeah Hobo Wolvie will accompany Hobo Tony Stark on my shelf

good idea zakky

im guessing both samurai's will either be part a of a box set, another TRU wave or just not made at all

hmmm i'm gonna be half empty and say not at all. based on IM3.... even if there was a box set I doubt it would have new sculpts (ie the reasoning why there was no Igor in the IM3 box set)

These look great, but I will also assume no Silver Samurai.

However, I can't help but look at these and think of Luke who contributed to Digger's Kickstarter in order to get the Agent 88 Black Ninjas, just to have Wolverine's Black Ninjas show up at LCS and TRU, most likely before Luke gets his from Digger...

:(

Wow these are a huge disappointment. No Viper in her green outfit, instead a boring black dress.

No silver samurai (in either armor) is just.......ARRGHH!! verymad.gif

The ninjas are nice but if we're gonna get all these movie waves but none of the interesting versions of characters/armors/etc it's really frustrating.

No Silver Samurai. And it was a reference issue, not a sculpting issue. Getting images in time is the one problem with movie lines. We'd sculpt whatever we have to, given enough time. Maybe we'll make him in comic-book form in the future.

Viper's dress is actually a very dark green. And she has an alternate head with no sunglasses. Bodysuit reference came just a smidge too late.

And William Shatner has 14 Minimates now. FYI.

And anyone who is frustrated by the line-up can pretend we did what every other toy company did for The Wolverine: not make anything. smile.png

Thank Chuck and TRU for having the guts to tackle the film at all!

I am very excited for the movie, and the Mates, and have trimmed my Hobo Wolverine chops down to acceptable Tokyo societal standards in celebration.

I have been prepping my Wolverine costume from last month's comic con, just waiting ona couple more pieces before I get to see the show....I think this is a not bad mix of mates, looking pretty good in my books. It sucks that we have to miss out on some characters that end up being important to the movie or at least the end of the movies lol but it is not DST's fault if the studio won't give them references in time or at all. Personally Zach I would like to thank Chuck for getting these made, if you could pass that along that would be great, these waves get 6 SNIKTS up from me!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I usually prefer movie waves but this looks like a case where TRU should have gotten a movie-themed series (or two) while specialty should have been offered the comic book equivalent to tie into the film. I don't recall AA or DST even trying that in the past.

While I'm disappointed that Silver Samurai isn't included, I'd have been just as disappointed to have a wee version of a character that, like The Destroyer in Thor, should tower over his foes.

Silver-Samurai1.jpg

I saw these on Luke's facebook, went straight to the store and loaded up on ninja, but just couldn't go through with the purchase. I'd love to take a Viper of someone's hands though... I'm sure folks with end up with spares.

I usually prefer movie waves but this looks like a case where TRU should have gotten a movie-themed series (or two) while specialty should have been offered the comic book equivalent to tie into the film. I don't recall AA or DST even trying that in the past.

Because if you're paying for a movie license, you need to commit a certain amount of money to the licensor. The fewer toys you produce, the less likely you are to hit that amount. You also want to maximize production runs to amortize costs. So we offer the figures to specialty, as well. Which is why we actually make comic-based assortments and box sets to complement movies a lot, but never in place of a movie assortment.

Not sure what the difference was with First Class, except for timing. We turned those around pretty fast, so specialty may not have been an option for us.

Good point. Forgot about the guaranty. And I don't imagine it could get much lower than it probably already is given the niche market in which this product exists.

If only studios would stop cranking out these movies so fast! Then again they probably weren't thinking "toy tie-in" given how product from the last Wolvie flick did.

This is why I like working with WB; if you have the Batman license, you get ALL Batman, from comics and cartoons to video games and films. Marvel chops it up. I had hoped DIsney would put an end to that but apparently it's working for them.