UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

Don't scare me like this Zach. I don't mind movie 'mates for Captain America 2, but I want a comic Winter Soldier. I'm prepared to beg.

Who knows, there might be a comic wave to go along with the movie wave.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never said every movie design worked with comic stuff.

Destroyer, yes. Volstagg, maybe not. Gwen Stacy, Ben Parker, Curt Connors, Blob, Wraith, Odin, Frigga... It all depends. If you have a specific comic look in your head, then no, very little will work. If you simply want that character, and it's close enough, then you might be happy to have it.

We haven't yet received Frigga and Wraith. So I assume they're coming with the Wolverine & Thor 2 lines? And if we are getting Frigga, we better be getting the remainder of the Warriors Three (Hogun & Fandrall) and Heimdall too!

Don't scare me like this Zach. I don't mind movie 'mates for Captain America 2, but I want a comic Winter Soldier. I'm prepared to beg.

Who knows, there might be a comic wave to go along with the movie wave.

That's what I'm hoping for. But I'm concerned we might get one that's "close enough."

I like how now we are talking Winter Soldier on the Wolverine thread, and meanwhile on the Winter Soldier thread they are talking Wolverine (kind of).

If they do a Cap themed wave though, a Winter Soldier/Falcon 2 pack would do nicely, and perhaps it would be a good opportunity to reboot classic Nick Fury. (Variant could be WWII Nick Fury).

Edited by kaipo

Also, the movie lines bring a lot more attention to Minimates than a comic series. Our Extremis Soldier got us coverage on sites that wouldn't have cared otherwise. That helps the brand overall.

And we only get the one chance to do a movie line. We can make comic characters whenever.

Also, the movie lines bring a lot more attention to Minimates than a comic series. Our Extremis Soldier got us coverage on sites that wouldn't have cared otherwise. That helps the brand overall.

And we only get the one chance to do a movie line. We can make comic characters whenever.

makes sense. and more publicity=more sales=more series!!!

Misspoke on Wraith (can't believe we didn't make him) but Frigga is coming. Also, those other guys you mentioned.

Awesome! My wife and I attended the Thor premiere and Rene Russo called my wife a "cute little girl", so my wife will totally want her own Frigga minimate for her own collection too! (In the lobby after the movie, she excused herself from someone she was talking to by saying she had to say hi to "that cute little girl over there" referring to my wife. Of all the premiere's we've attended Thor is in our top 10 because *everyone* was nice, no divas!)

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess it's going to be DOFP in the same way that First Class was "First Class," or X3 was "The Phoenix Saga." There are going to be some X-men in it, there's going to be time-travel, and there are going to be a bunch of randomly-selected characters that look look on posters and may or may not have some relation to their characters in the books.

I would guess it's going to be DOFP in the same way that First Class was "First Class," or X3 was "The Phoenix Saga." There are going to be some X-men in it, there's going to be time-travel, and there are going to be a bunch of randomly-selected characters that look look on posters and may or may not have some relation to their characters in the books.

Well put. although X3 was technically "The Last Stand" bwahaha. We'll see how close "The Wolverine" is to "The Wolverine". Trailer was "meh" IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's... a mashup of every X-men time travel story?

I'm guessing it will be an alt-future story where Prof X is assassinated, leading to a DOFP-ish future that isn't quite as wacky as AOA, and the X-men have to travel to the future with Bishop to figure out whodunnit, Scooby Gang style.

And it turns out it's Cyclops. Dun dun duuuuuuun!

I'm guessing it will be an alt-future story where Prof X is assassinated, leading to a DOFP-ish future that isn't quite as wacky as AOA, and the X-men have to travel to the future with Bishop to figure out whodunnit, Scooby Gang style.

oooh, will it have a Blackbird-styled Mystery Machine?

oooh, will it have a Blackbird-styled Mystery Machine?

Yes, and Wolvie Snax! WOLVIE ROLVIE DOOO!!!

Edited by Lobsterman

I hope Mystique is more of a badass in this one, she was the worst part of First Class IMO. I dont know if it was the actresses fault, the disturbing naked 8 year old version of her, or that lame scene where she half-hazardly names all of the X Men I hated the most, but all of those contributed to my lack of enjoyment.