UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRU movie waves have no numbering. They are simply "Iron Man 3," "Thor Movie," etc.

And yes, there is an army builder, although we may not offer it like standard comic army-builders, and more like Iron Man 3's army builder, heavy packed and shared between the two outlets.

I had no idea this was even going on. My goodness, I'm thrilled! smile.png Will the "many faces of wolverine" boxset be kept away from this wave...or are we going to get a huge burst of Wolverine goodness in one month?

Hmm. I think they might hit around the same time, maybe a month apart or so. We'll see, I guess. You know us.

Just to make sure I have this right, we're only getting a comic shop/TRU wave of The Wolverine, and Days of Future Past is NOT getting minimates, yeh?

Days of Future Past is over a year away, I don't think anything has been announced, yes or no, this early.

Edited by bigvis497

As I recall it was The Wolverine that was iffy for a Minimates line because of the tight turnaround, similar to X-Men: First Class.

Hopefully there will be plenty of time for a line of 'mates from Days of Future Past because I'd like to fill out the ranks I already have.

Not sure if this wave will be Wave 52, but if so, Wave 52 has a ship date of 8/14 according to the newest update.

The Wolverine TTA set wasn't on the ship dates list yet.

52 is The Wolverine. TTA won't be on the schedule for a while, if at all

Just to make sure I have this right, we're only getting a comic shop/TRU wave of The Wolverine, and Days of Future Past is NOT getting minimates, yeh?

We have not begun talking about DoFP yet. Not sure how far in advance those talks will start.

As I recall it was The Wolverine that was iffy for a Minimates line because of the tight turnaround, similar to X-Men: First Class.

Hopefully there will be plenty of time for a line of 'mates from Days of Future Past because I'd like to fill out the ranks I already have.

The Wolverine series has been solicited to retailers, and is a go with TRU. I assume we're at least interested in DoFP, but that's no guarantee we'll get DoFP reference far enough in advance to work on them.

52 is The Wolverine. TTA won't be on the schedule for a while, if at all

Are you saying the Wolverine Through The Ages boxset shown may be dead before being solicited?

I'm saying it may not be traditionally solicited, and the Ship Updates are primarily for traditionally solicited and distributed items.

I'm shocked TM2 hasn't pubicly gone nuts over some of the 'hot Asian chick' Minimate potential this wave has.

And I hope I'm not the only one who's hoping for a heavy DoFP line-up so that the X3 wave can be added to with characters that didn't make it into that wave.

Eh, believe it or not, she's actually not my cup of tea. Sure, cool Minimate, but she's like Yoko from Kill Bill. A 'Lets just get this over with' fight sequence. Maybe it's that I'm just not that excited for this movie after that last piece of trash.

Now, Viper on the other hand...