UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dick Van Dyke

buttheadsmate

With some people it's clowns ,spiders or snakes...... with me it's Mary F8cki&g Poppins . Quite why I know not but what I do know is that Bert's accent never helped ease the nightmares.

I have however a ton of respect for anybody whose fellow workers give a lifetime achievement too.

Congratulations Mr.Dyke & I give you my respect & applaud your honesty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21233320

Can't hear what's going on there at work, but I'll assume he is praised in the UK for his chameleon-like ability to speak like a British person. Phenomenal performance. Unfortunately, that movie is tough to watch because Julie Andrews' accent is TERRIBLE!

You scared me. I thought he died. That was close.

What he said.

Congratz to Mr. Van Dyke on a long and successful career making people laugh, which is a LOT harder to do on purpose than most people can imagine.

And I hear he's a generally nice guy too, so props for that.

And from what I heard of folks who had the displeasure of dealing with Andy before he died, that miserable old man might have tried it. (It was well known here in NC, where Andy was considered a patron saint, that he was a very, VERY unpleasant person to meet.)

• 6 months later...