UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates at Walmart.com

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but Walmart carries Minimates on-line now. Currently, they have Marvel wave 47, Walking Dead wave 1, MvC3 wave 3 and several boxed sets. If anything, it's an easy way to get some variants for good prices or a good use of holiday gift cards. Just throwing it out there in case it helps anyone.

Link to Minimatey goodness.

Yeah, back in MY day, Walmart was the "low-price leader." I wonder if they'll price match online. Good for DST, though. Walmart does order in HUGE quantities for brick & mortar stores. Maybe this will lead to another venue for Minimates.

That said, Walmart loves its exclusives... <_<

Huh. I'm trying to support Wal-Mart as little as possible because of stuff like this: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/business/walmart-bribes-teotihuacan.html?smid=pl-share

But, if push comes to shove (i.e., Luke and everyone else is out of something I want) then I would consider looking in their direction.

Edited by karamazov80

Hopefully this doesn't become a permanent thing. I can not stand giving shopping Wal-mart and if they are going to start selling mates and possibly having exclusives, I am going to have to try and find them else where or completely miss out on them because I refuse to give them any of my money.

I doubt we'll see any Minimates in actual stores, this is probably an online only thing. Target does the same thing, I remember seeing a Transformers Megatron Bust on Target.com once that they never sold in stores

Wow, they have variants and Lcs exclusives? They even have Marvel Select and DC statues and busts on their site. As much as Walmart is evil, this might benefits minimates. Maybe we will see minimates return to Walmart. It is interesting that they even have them eligible for site to store.

I'm all for minimates getting into more stores but to let Walmart sell the LCS stuff is kind of , not a slap in the face but, counter productive? What I mean is, if the goal of the LCS waves is to give your mom and pop comic shops and Web stores ( myself , Luke's, etc) incentive to stock minimates then doesn't letting the biggest retail outlet stock the exact same product ( not their own exclusive , like TRU) as a LCS kind of push the LCS out of business , or the minimate business at least? I'd like to hear Zach/ DST's thoughts on this.

• 3 months later...

Any idea if Walmart will stock anything else? Namely Wave 49/51 and what not

I really don't know how it works. Again, it may be a third-party thing.

Alright. :/. I just love walmarts ship to store option over TRU's... well... anything, lol.

That's cool. FYI, Series 49 and 51 will not be at TRU. But Luke's Toy Store will have them, and is very nice, I hear.

thanks for the heads up. i just ordered Expendables Series 1 Box Set (the coolest one of the four).

the best part of this set, you get an alternate head and hairpiece for Ivan Vanko