UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

I had the green an white metal one I think it was made by Dinky. I also had at the time (or prob when when reruns where shown) a crush on the female shape shifting character with the funky eyebrows.

Yep, mine was Green and white too, and I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to admit that if my 5yr old self had a crush on anyone during the show it was Alan because he was the pilot who flew the Eagle which was my real love from the show :rolleyes:

If someone had given me the HUGE (Compared to the one I had) plastic one with the little figures that MrPL showed I probably would have exploded with overexcitement on the spot!

T.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...there's no way these astronauts could be from a certain...library..is there? Technically they were archeologists but I mean....it could translate....but would this be considered a new license, since dst hs tried once before?

Wait...there's no way these astronauts could be from a certain...library..is there? Technically they were archeologists but I mean....it could translate....but would this be considered a new license, since dst hs tried once before?

"Hey who turned out the lights...."

Very briefly I pondered the same thing...

It's unlikely though... I think that License is tied us elsewhere esp as it has it's own minifigure line.

T.

Star comand.Disney.Astronauts (technically space rangers).Could work.We need more clues.Or wait for a month and see the licence.Though it would be helpfull if Zach specified what he meant by astronauts.The classic real look,or sci fi astronauts in video games,movies,etc.Techinically the doctor is an astronaut (it comes from the greek astro=star and nautis=sailor).

Edited by Kostisfire

Check out this forum thread from MegoMuseum.com, it discusses DST's purchase of ZICA Toys 8" body tooling, and the Buck Rogers license, all of which went down in March 2012.

Interestingly, the owner of ZICA Toys posts information directly, some disputing what DSTChuck has posted in the Q&A section.

Here is another thread.

There is a little bit of DST bashing going on in those threads, just an FYI.

It was supposed to be revealed last week. Zach said that packaged or painted samples were in and that he would try to reveal it last week. Also,it will be on sale before toy fair so I guess we should see these mates this week.

Edited by Kostisfire

Wow, this thread is long. Just skimmed it to catch up since my guess post of Peter Pan awhile back.

I've been a long time advocate of Disney Minimates since they bought Marvel years ago because the property would inject so much health into the line from Disney fanatics. Of course I would rather have Star Wars, etc, but Disney Minimates just make sense. If these do turn out to be Peter Pan, my only question is "what took so long?" Minimates only remaining toy competitor in its field of small block figures is Kubricks. Disney Minimates would de-throne Kubricks from the top of the LEGO-clone minifigure mountain (ok, ok, Star Wars would be the remaining license needed imho). It would be hard to consider Kubrick's as the leading figure maker in this category with Disney Minimates though.

I'm thinking the "space/astronauts" has a good shot at being "Aliens". Another no-brainer license that DST probably waited to pick up (perhaps at a discount?).

I think 2013 is going to be a fun year for Minimates collectors. Marvel Wave 50, more Walking Dead, completing Thundercats, I can't wait!!!