UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

I'm happier with the credits shots not being too much of set-up, it makes it less important for everyone to stick around. They're really just Easter eggs.

Film was great, and DST made the right call on the armors. I do really wish

shirtless fire-breathing Extremis Aldrich

was coming too, but that was another well-kept secret i assume. Speaking of, so many fanboys raging over the twist. Even knowing how it *should* have been, it was handled great and i loved it.

That said, i fully expected the after-credits scene to be Mandarin in a jail cell whispering "One. Test. Left." Would have been a great twist of a twist.

Oh god, WHY did that not happen?

Also i'd love to hear someone's opinion to why that plot twist was for the best of the MCU.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happier with the credits shots not being too much of set-up, it makes it less important for everyone to stick around. They're really just Easter eggs.

Film was great, and DST made the right call on the armors. I do really wish

shirtless fire-breathing Extremis Aldrich

was coming too, but that was another well-kept secret i assume. Speaking of, so many fanboys raging over the twist. Even knowing how it *should* have been, it was handled great and i loved it.

That said, i fully expected the after-credits scene to be Mandarin in a jail cell whispering "One. Test. Left." Would have been a great twist of a twist.

Oh god, WHY did that not happen?

Also i'd love to hear someone's opinion to why that plot twist was for the best of the MCU.

Im not saying it was "for the best" but I think it worked, I will be the first to admit I was let down, but after that shock I warmed up to it fast, especially with all the actors performances

ending was awesome, now that i've seen it I can say I don't want an all armor boxset anymore.... there are a couple of other characters/variations of characters (essential to the plot) I'd MUCH rather have after seeing it.

Yeah, after seeing the film I hope there's a supplemental wave or box set that reflects some of the....plot developments.

........ Why are we getting a War Machine minimate?

yeah why? he's not even in the film

Probably because he's just a coat of paint to make, no new tooling required.

I think War Machine will make more sense... later.

Think about that one ;)

And, yes, TRU has the IM3 sets listed as wave 1. A wave 2 would be awesome! Even/especially if it is more armor variations.

Regarding Mandarin...

I read an opinion I tend to agree with, Marvel/Disney made the change purely from a financial standpoint. A traditional approach to Mandarin could have risked A LOT of revenue in the Asian markets, particularly China. Part of the film was financed by a Chinese firm, and there are even some alternate/additional scenes for the Chinese release.

I don't have a problem with the change, but I never had much association with the Mandarin character. Marvel/Disney took a financial gamble that fans would be more open to the change, rather than possibly alienating a lot of overseas revenue.

Only time will tell if they made the right decision.

Mandarin is a "yellow peril" villain of which was tasteless even by 70s standards. I'm surprised he was even used in the first place since he doesn't thematically fit Iron Man. He's one of those villains who just gets dragged out every now and then because he's been around forever, instead of because someone has a story hook for him.

Hey Zach, I understand you can not speak about what is in the box set that will be announced "later" but can you tell us why it can't be talked about yet? I don't know a lot about this industry so with the movie out and the LCS/TRU waves hitting in the next week or so, it makes me curious why the rest can not be known.

Thanks man!

Well, if you're thinking War Machine will be in Avengers II, wouldn't it make more sense to get a War Machine in the Avengers II wave? Considering we would most likely get one there anyways?

:no:

Hey Zach, I understand you can not speak about what is in the box set that will be announced "later" but can you tell us why it can't be talked about yet? I don't know a lot about this industry so with the movie out and the LCS/TRU waves hitting in the next week or so, it makes me curious why the rest can not be known.

Thanks man!

A lot of things can't be talked about untill its publicaly shown. Like the case with this past C2E2.

Box set is an exclusive, and we tend to wait on those until closer to release.

Not sure a second series of Iron Man 3 Mates is in the cards. We'll see how they sell!

War Machine was shown briefly in the script I read, and they said we could make him. He was an easy one, obviously, since Iron Patriot was a definite. Were making a Select WM figure, too.

I loved it. Same with IM2. I don't get all the hatred for either.

I'm fine with all the figures we're getting, but I wish we were getting just one more 2-pack. Igor Armor & a Female Extremis Soldier (with the usual troop builder 2 hairpieces).

I loved the quick bit we got of Igor in the film, and there were more than a few Extremis girls, so I feel not getting even one as a Minimate is a missed opportunity. confused.gif

I'd buy several female Extremis soldiers. We've never had a female army builder have we?

The only other supplemental two pack I'd want would be Final Battle REDACTED and Pepper. It would be nice to have a 'mate for Savin, but I can put one together.

IF we get a Final Battle Killian (and i really hope we do. What a great character he was), he should really get the tooling budget of a red, "glowing" face, and a face with a stream of fire attached to it, a la Uncanny Cyclops' visor. THAT would be a great piece.

Really getting sick of a new Pepper every film, but if they had to make her i could see her getting the all-white business look with the sports bra underneath, with two heads and hairpieces.

Honestly, besides those two, there's not much more i could really want from the film. Maybe Gemini, maybe the President, but that's about it. I'm already pretending the Extremis Soldier is Savin anyway.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

If we get Final Battle REDACTED, and I really want one, I almost think it should be a two pack, to really cover the myriad of looks as the fight went on. Or have a LOT of interchangeable pieces. I hope that's not saying too much, but I tried to keep it vague.

I really want Pepper in her white business apparel, and then of course how she looks later on, and Final Battle REDACTED would be cool as well I kind of want one of Harley using the Thunderkittens body. Other then that more armors please.