UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe im just checking the wrong places, but apart from the lego news this morning, there have been no updates on anything...at least not from my sources... (FBTB, Marvelous News, DC Comics, Marvel Comics Comic Vine...)

Edited by undeadpool

ofcourse...a minute after i post xD

ok so quick notes:

WOLVERINE THROUGH THE AGES....WHY

also TRU wave 15 has something for everyone it seems :D

Hulk through the ages...mmm that maestro hulk...

and that new strange just keeps getting better

Anybody know who the guy in the orange jumpsuit next to Thing is? I'm guessing that's a pilot Ben Grimm, or maybe a Project: PEGASUS scientist? I like the fact that we're finally getting a proper "Manifest Destiny" Wolverine, but those other Wolvie's are hideous. I recognize Ultimate Wolverine, who are the other two? Good to finally see the Hulk's, I was really wondering how Maestro's arm was going to work based on the design sheets, now I see :) And new Human Torch to go along with Johnny Storm, sweet!

I really like the stuff I'm seeing, I'm also puzzled why there's not a Weapon X Wolverine. I like the sheer wackiness of Venom-Wolverine, but I hope he comes with parts to make a full symbiotic Wolverine, otherwise it's a 'mate that looks cool but never fully delivers.

Man those look cool.

You know, except for the Wolverine Through the Ages 2 boxset with Venomine (Wolverenom?), Robe and Slippers Samurai, Quasi-90s space guy, and the old lamented Ultimate one.

I can't wait for some better pics to pop up so I can get a really good look at these.

The Marvel showing looks fantastic (minus Wolverine TTA). Annihilus, Firelord, Air-Walker and new Silver Surfer are must haves for me. The amount of accessories look extremely promising as well. That portal thingy attached to Surfer's board looks interesting as does all the Human Torch's flame 4 base. And the one attached to Dr. Strange's foot is funny. Just look at the expression on his face as he stepped in it. The shot from the minibar writes itself.

Man those look cool.

You know, except for the Wolverine Through the Ages 2 boxset with Venomine (Wolverenom?), Robe and Slippers Samurai, Quasi-90s space guy, and the old lamented Ultimate one.

I can't wait for some better pics to pop up so I can get a really good look at these.

I don't think that's a 90's Space Wolverine though, he's wearing his Modern Costume underneath. Anybody know if that's from a specific storyline? He wore a Space Suit in Fatal Attractions, but that ain't it. I will say I like the "short" mask though, something we haven't seen on Wolverine' yet. Now we just need a proper Astonishing Wolvie.

That Wolvie TTA set is an odd selection, I would rather have seen the following:

- Updated Hulk #181 costume

- Weapon X (helmet)

- Fang costume or Team X costume

- Adamantium extraction damaged Wolvie

So, TRU Wave 15 is some combination of:

- Human Torch & Annihilus

- Silver Surfer & Thing/Ben Grimm

- Airwalker & Firelord

- Fear Itself Hulk & Fear Itself Colossus

I'm really looking forward to these FF sets!

Edited by youbastards

- Fear Itself Hulk & Fear Itself Colossus

I'm really looking forward to these FF sets!

Fear Itself Juggernaut actually as Colossus became the new 'Juggernaut' due to Cain becoming this.

Another Wolverine boxset? And still no Weapon X or even the after having his metal torn from his bones look? Aw....

Edited by MST3KFan