UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NEW DC Mates Solicitation Info/ Wave 4 Pics!!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few thoughts...

i agree with boyd about cyborg's face...i wonder if the hair was getting in the way of the eye..has to be fixed

From Iron-Cow over at Raving Toy Maniac:

Posted byIron-Cow on November 13, 2006 at 18:55:40:

In Reply to: Cyborg Superman's eyes look odd to me posted by TSR on November 13, 2006 at 18:47:16:

: Is it just the angle or are they not lined up?

Yeah... they're not lined up do to some initial design issues, but have since been revised

and will be fixed on the final version.

Sooooooo glad these guys have a street date finally!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Yeah... they're not lined up do to some initial design issues, but have since been revised

and will be fixed on the final version.

That's good news! Thanks for passing that along.

Now, is anyone else bothered by the fact that everyone seems to have a sculpted belt piece now? It makes sense on Steel and Bane where the belt is a fairly detailed piece, but why give them to Flash and Cyborg Superman? There's nothing special about their belts and could just as easily be done with paint or tampo.

Yeah, that's right - my only complaint about the new wave is they're TOO detailed. :D

Thanks for the pics, Ady! Where are you finding them?

The latest ones posted are from the DC solicits...

Can someone throw up a link to the original images? I am unfamiliar with the whole 'solicitation' thing and where those would be.

You can find them at the official DC Direct website. But I normally see the solicitations on comic book websites like at comicbookresources.com and wizarduniverse.com. Typically, the full solicitations from DC (comics and toys) become released on Mondays of the 2nd or 3rd week of each month. Marvel follows with their solicitations for their comics on Tuesday right after DC (no minimates in their solicitations since they are a DST thing).

I wasn't too excited about the line-up for wave 4 at first, but the images are somewhat winning me over. Well, I just like Bane's venom tube thing and Steel with his hammer!

They all look great, Especiallly Batgirl/Bane and Cyborg Superman.

Can't wait til they actually come out

Can someone throw up a link to the original images? I am unfamiliar with the whole 'solicitation' thing and where those would be.

You can find them at the official DC Direct website. But I normally see the solicitations on comic book websites like at comicbookresources.com and wizarduniverse.com. Typically, the full solicitations from DC (comics and toys) become released on Mondays of the 2nd or 3rd week of each month. Marvel follows with their solicitations for their comics on Tuesday right after DC (no minimates in their solicitations since they are a DST thing).

Thanks for the links and the info, storm!

Oh on a sidenote AA caught up with MMMV five hours ago :P as they sent out a general message <G> Just thought I'd let ya's know.

cheers,

Tk

Yeah I got that email too :P

No pics at their end yet either, at least they're pretty much on the ball with news now though.

These look fantastic! Besides the long-wait, I have no complaints; nice design, great use of accessories, and nice character variety. I really appreciate that Spectre's hood is a separate piece from the cape(I was worried about this one). Unfortunately, all this just makes me despise the Marvel line all-the-more. I can't wait to hear/see what DCD has planned for this line!

I really am impressed with these. I'm no DC fan, but I am looking forward to getting these. If they're anything like the Marvel releases, we'll get three of each set to a case, which means one for display, two for custom work.

My only complaints with this wave is the belt on Flash/Cyborg Supes and the collar on Deadman. Flash and Supes could have done just as well with a painted belt, but hey, its an extra piece, so I won't complain. As for Deadman, it looks like his body is extended where his neck is at, but nowhere else. Whether or not this is intentional or character specific, I dunno, but to me it just looks odd.