UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's odd. So Lobster, you saw 3-3-3-3, and Webhead you saw 4-4-2-2? For Series 13, with Boomer?

No chance anybody's case was repacked?

The ones I saw weren't repacked. One time I saw 4-4-2-2 and then asked if they had any more. Guy brought a box out from the back and we opened it and it was packed 4-4-2-2.

Sounds like Hawkeye's Junk saw the same as me. And that's typical right usually there's 2 shirt packed and they are the ones with the stickers

To be honest, I didn't see them actually taken out of the case, I just saw three of each on the pegs.

Ah so very easily 2 cases could have been put out. Like I said in my prev post I was lucky enough to have the stores I frequent restock multiple times and I lucked out seeing them either being put out or just stocked and it was always 4-4-2-2

The sticker does raise prices online, the Sue Storm and Namor sets tend to be a little bit more expensive then the Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic sets, even though they were all exclusives.

I think you have to also factor in that Sue came with a new character (Mole Man) as did Namor (Atlantean Soldier). Plus, the Namor pack had a troop builder. I'd guess that's why they have the higher selling rate more than just it being the sticker.

The sticker does raise prices online, the Sue Storm and Namor sets tend to be a little bit more expensive then the Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic sets, even though they were all exclusives.

I think you have to also factor in that Sue came with a new character (Mole Man) as did Namor (Atlantean Soldier). Plus, the Namor pack had a troop builder. I'd guess that's why they have the higher selling rate more than just it being the sticker.

Don't forget the third basic factor, which is supply and demand. The stickered exclusives, Sue/Mole Man & Namor/Atlantean Soldier were produced in half the amount as the other packs in the wave. So I think it is a combination of those 3 that help drive prices up.

He's saying there's no sticker therefor there will be more available

Yeah sorry, this is what I was referring to.

The sticker exclusives are always the first to go usually, so I'm hoping I have a better chance at picking up the Rhino more easily.

Edited by jcastick

After seeing the pictures (loving the green boxes by the way), half of them (Havok, Iron Man, Rhino, Ult Cap and New Ult Spidey) look AWESOME! The rest I'm mixed on as I'm not a big X-Men fan (but do like the new Havok).

You have GOT to change your handle, pawcanada. Not only are you not IN Canada, you don't like Alpha Flight, Canada's premiere super-team (who is tangentially connected to the X-Men universe, but hardly exclusive to that area).

What is your position on hockey?

X-Men has never appealed to me, bar X-Factor. I keep meaning to read Alpha Flight but never get around to it. I prefer cosmic and mystical stories like Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and Incredible Hercules as I like seeing characters taken on powerful world ending threats (which is also why I like Superman).

And true, I'm not in Canada but I was still born there and I still have my Canadian passport. And I've yet to go to one, but my Scottish friend keeps saying we should see a game. My parents never cared for sports so I never had the same interest in any - football (aka soccer), rugby, tennis, hockey etc. (though I do have a passing interest in basketball) that most people do. I'm more into extreme sports like rock climbing and snowboarding.

X-Men has never appealed to me, bar X-Factor. I keep meaning to read Alpha Flight but never get around to it. I prefer cosmic and mystical stories like Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and Incredible Hercules as I like seeing characters taken on powerful world ending threats (which is also why I like Superman).

Like I said, Alpha Flight is only tangentially related to X-Men. Wolverine used to work with some of them, but aside from the mutant twins, and tech guys Box and Guardian, half the team is mystical or alien (Marrina). I think Snowbird might even be some kind of goddess. World-ending threats aplenty, or at least Thor-appropriate giant monsters like Tundra and Lex Luthor types like the Master. May be just your thing.

Like I said, Alpha Flight is only tangentially related to X-Men. Wolverine used to work with some of them, but aside from the mutant twins, and tech guys Box and Guardian, half the team is mystical or alien (Marrina). I think Snowbird might even be some kind of goddess. World-ending threats aplenty, or at least Thor-appropriate giant monsters like Tundra and Lex Luthor types like the Master. May be just your thing.

The recent Greg Pak/Fred Van Lente/Dale Eaglesham Alpha Flight book serves as a pretty good introduction to the team:

http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Flight-Complete-Series-Lente/dp/0785162836/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345305768&sr=8-1&keywords=alpha+flight

• 2 weeks later...

i ordered the Alpha mates from Luke's store, but they're coming with wave 47... i never read Alpha Flight comics, but i recently ordered the first 20 issues on ebay, and so far i'm 3 issues in, and i'm digging it. a comic shop in town was having a 50% off Labor Day sale, so i bought 21-40 of the series, as well. i'm looking forward to getting both sets of the Alpha mates and making a display for them... though i have no more space in my room lol

The introduction to the team also serves as a pretty good introduction to the team:

http://www.amazon.co...ds=alpha+flight

Haven't read the Pak series. Eaglesham did art? Any good?

Yeah, it's pretty good. It ties in heavily to Fear Itself, and by the time I read AF I'd completely forgotten about FI, so I was thrown for a bit. But Pak and Van Lente are clearly big fans of the characters, so they are treated with a lot more love and respect then we generally see from the big two these days. Eaglesham's art is very nice, of course.

Speaking of Alpha Flight and Dale Eaglesham, I was REALLY digging his art in the latest Red Hulk story - Mayan Rule - guest starring those Canucks. He's got a style that screams DC (where he's done a LOT of work) and that brings an interesting take on the Marvel characters, in my mind and eye.

Edited by Tad Ghostal

• 3 weeks later...

Super stoked to finally have the chance to add the Miles Morales Spider-Man to my collection. Followed by a Flash Thompson Venom. Now we just need a Kaine Scarlet Spider *hint hint Zach*.

+1

+2

+3, though I hope he has a removable mask like Miles. I know 99% of Minimate fans HATE this angle, but I personally like it as I enjoy posting the character holding their mask.

Heck, you could do Kane as the regular minimate in a wave and a long-over due re-release of classic Scarlet (again, with removable mask please ;)) as the chase.

Super stoked to finally have the chance to add the Miles Morales Spider-Man to my collection. Followed by a Flash Thompson Venom. Now we just need a Kaine Scarlet Spider *hint hint Zach*.

+1

+2

+3, though I hope he has a removable mask like Miles. I know 99% of Minimate fans HATE this angle, but I personally like it as I enjoy posting the character holding their mask.

Heck, you could do Kane as the regular minimate in a wave and a long-over due re-release of classic Scarlet (again, with removable mask please ;)) as the chase.

+4 :D

Or Kane and new Scarlet Spider as a chase

+1

+2

+4 :D

Or Kane and new Scarlet Spider as a chase

A thousand times that. And I like the slipover masks personally.