UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say there, kind and benevolent mods, might we move this thread to the Blanks and Others forum? I know I have at least one actual Agent 88 Minimate in hand, and more on order! ;)

given the property plans I think it should go in the TV, Movie and Other section right?

Jeff of the Miniacs

Will you be able to sell the 2-packs, Luke? Like the ones that were not "purchased" through Kickstarter?

I am trying to decide if I want to open mine or keep them sealed. Many factors to consider.

Does anyone know who sponsored (is that the right word?) the Hot Pink Agent 88 promo's on Kickstart?

I am possibly more excited about them that i am about the actual figures (Well - at least AS excited) & i am dying to know who's going to be selling them.

Anybody going to explain to me how these minimates are going to get made ? If that involves patronising me or even belittling me ....feel free.... all I want to know is how these are going to get 'funded'/paid for ?

I won't need to be told how the blank stuff is going to be funded ...that much I understand....I really need to get my head around how the actual caricatured Agent minimates will get made?

About 40 people 'pledged' for these . 40.

Oh cool, I'm glad Corner Store Comics scored some.

I currently possess the red Agent 88 blank and I must say: I like him. The red is deeper, richer than previous logo 'Mates.

ALTHOUGH -- and this is important to customizers -- he's a painted 'Mate. Any one (like me) who thought they might pick up extra ones, remove the "88" tampo and have a blank -- it's not going to work. Unless some one can tell me how to remove a tampo without hurting the paint job underneath.

Oh cool, I'm glad Corner Store Comics scored some.

I currently possess the red Agent 88 blank and I must say: I like him. The red is deeper, richer than previous logo 'Mates.

ALTHOUGH -- and this is important to customizers -- he's a painted 'Mate. Any one (like me) who thought they might pick up extra ones, remove the "88" tampo and have a blank -- it's not going to work. Unless some one can tell me how to remove a tampo without hurting the paint job underneath.

Would you consider that a 'blank' is an unpainted Minimate constructed of parts that are moulded from the same coloured plastic ......or would you consider that a 'blank' is a Minimate that has all the parts painted the same colour *?

Please ignore my question if you like Cappy... I'll take no offence . Asking a reasonable question & getting ignored is becoming something I'm getting used to in this thread :biggrin:

*Even Ivan seems to be a tad confused on this ....he lumps everything into the 'Promotional Logo' section of the Minimate Database which is perhaps for the best .

To me, a "blank" is any basic Minimate with no details, tampos, or other markings. All the production ones are a single color, that color can be the raw plastic or paint. Right now, I've pulled the 'Mate out MODOK and he's standing on my desk as an orange and metallic purple blank (the mixed color scheme probably doesn't count for blank purists).

A "logo 'Mate" is a blank with the only addition of markings on the chest and sometimes the back. Generally, these markings are the commercial logo of some company or organization.

Trademark, copyright, and production run info printed on the butt and thighs is ignored in these definitions.

Is that manic enough for you? :)