UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Digger and everybody involved! I'm really looking forward to have that old butt-kicking agent in my hands. I think this was very, very exciting and the first time I've been involved in a Kickstarter thingy that raised enough money right in the last couple of hours. Usually things were in the bag a lot earlier or didn't make it at all.

Glad to be part of this.

Now to decide what my custom Minimate will be... :yes:

Excitement! Choose wisley!

there's a retailer exclusive that was added at the last minute (and sold) that had 200 "random" character mates, but listed all of the ten. I imagine those won't be loose. Also, do we know that kickstarter was the only way the mates will be released?

anyone know what the stipulations to the one-of-a-kind mates are? is it a basic minimate (old school) or will you be sculpted girl squirrel ears and tail, or a bandana, special hairpiece, he-man like sword.. er any special sculpt designs?

Edited by MsMarvel fan

LTS_promos2.jpg

As some of you might have seen, part of our retailer incentive for the exclusive black and flesh colored Agent 88 Minimates includes 30 special sets of 4. Each set of 4 includes the following Minimates:

• Black Minimate with A88 logo
  • Black Minimate with no logo
  • Flesh colored Minimate with A88 logo
  • Flesh colored Minimate with no logo

We were only able to get 30 of these sets, and it is the only time these colors have been released with no logo. I don't have all of the details on how these will be packaged yet (possibly just individually bagged with artwork and details on the bag, as with other promos). These 30 will definitely be numbered exclusives, and they will come with a signed certificate.

We will be selling each set of 4 for $40 plus shipping. I will be putting them up for order in the store at 9AM CST on this coming Monday morning, August 13th. They will be one per person, and they will be charged right away.

Preorders for the remaining 440 black and flesh colored Agent 88 logo Minimates will be sold separately in our store for $6 each starting on Monday. The black ninjas will go up for preorder at a later date. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of this. Thanks!

Oh, 9am huh? I guess I can be late to work that day.

And I'm assuming that should actually be 9 CDT, right? Not CST. Or are you anti-DST? No not that DST, the other DST. You know, the magical time shifting technique that does nothing useful except cause petty disputes on the Internet. :)

Dear Luminous Beings,

How can I thank you? I'll start with THANK YOU LUMINOUS BEINGS!!!

I was advised by the Creative Illuminate of Hollywood that IF and WHEN the 88 KICKSTARTER achieved it's goal, I should be prepared with a strong THANK YOU letter to launch immediately after winning.

I just can't do "IF". You can't entertain "IF" in the entertainment world because the level of obsession and conviction required to follow through no matter how completely fucked up things get is so intense it bears a strong resemblance to mental illness.

So, the clock struck 8:08 on 8/8 and I just had to shut down. I didn't have the strength nor the bandwidth to pick up the endlessly ringing phone , or look at the 2000 emails and private messages I got blasted with over the next 3 hours before I passed out. They still havent stopped coming! YOU ALL made it clear that this was worth a shot and BAAAMM! NOW 88 IS HAPPENING!

I apologise for being unprepared with a carefully crafted masterpiece of words and feelings. Something that would even begin to express how deeply I appreciate the support we received from so many people ...most of whom we never knew before. Most of whom swooped in and GAVE GAVE GAVE just to make sure we exceeded our 88k goal. That clock was counting down so very close to us getting nothing and we wound up with $104k! All of which will be going into making 88 as kick ass as we can make it.

This is truly what makes Kickstarter so amazing and adrenaline pumping! Everything is at stake! All or Nothing! Come and watch us give birth to the next big thing or come and watch me fall on my face at 180 MPH! Either way ...wholly entertaining.

If I won't risk everything I have for this project I believe in than why should you risk anything? Even your time is too valuable with everything we all have going on in life. I wouldn't ask you to waste your time or your money if I wasn't going to give it my all.

I have SO MANY people to thank and I really want to do it properly with a mind capable of chewing gum and walking fairly straight at the same time. A mind I'll have tomorrow. I promise I'll do my best to get that letter out without hundreds of people twittering, posting and pushing everyone to the limits of their sanity.

We truly blew up the internet yesterday. It was final hours and I wanted to make sure we were HEARD before that bell rang. Press was hitting me hard in the last 15 hours to try and cover it and I was like seriously ...I'd love to but HOW CAN I ? We're at critical mass here! NBC was talking about us on air and asking us to come down after we won and I was just worried about getting through the next 4 hours without a seizure.

The 88 campaign wasn't created overnight. It evolved over the course of 4 months but the level of evasive action that was taken to get us to the finish line is really worthy of it's own book.

Ernie Reyes Jr said it best in his video interview...."We're really going to give everyone a run for their money." Well said!

Jan Utstein-O'Neill was running alongside me 24 hours a day to make sure that all the brilliant creatives who stepped up on 88 from ALL OVER THE WORLD weren't doing this for nothing and I'm just so happy we made it. Thank you again!

A small army of exceptional creatives and supporters who were passionate about what they were doing participated in a high octane 30 day Kickstarter campaign with very little time or press and raised over 62k in very last 4 days of an 88K goal that resulted in $104,701.00 in the 11th hour. AWESOME!

Kay D'Arcy was next to me the whole last day watching in AWE as the numbers just keep going up and up from what seemed absolutely hopeless to the surest bet she's had since she arrived here 10 years ago from London. 10 years later at 80 she's got more fight in her to make it than anyone I've ever met.

Be inspired!

You rock,

DIG

Sounds awesome Luke. Too bad you don't have any pictures of what the no-logo ones will look like.

Ummm... probably just like the picture above, but without the big "88" on each chest. Just guessing. :tongue:

Good question.

So, this means that only 25 people (or less) will have a complete set of all 10 Agent 88 Minimates sets?

I'm thinking that these will go into production with numbers big enough to sell and be released properly once the series kicks off. Perhaps the backers who bought the sets will just be getting them ahead of the actual release?

Surely, they can't afford to be doing runs of 10 figures? There's no way they could justify tooling for that. . . right? :confused: