UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my set from Luke today, and, while it's thunder was stolen by the also arriving 'Cats (pun intended), it's a nice set. Guardian was at the top of my want list, and they really nailed him. I'm glad they didn't just reuse another mask but sculpted a new one, and they also didn't !@#$ it up like they did Captain Britain *sniff*. Puck and Northstar are both great, and Marinna's a fish woman who was killed by her husband Namor after she turned into a sea monster.

Got these from Luke's as well yesterday. To actually have Alpha Flight in ANY figure form right now is just amazing. I can't wait to get the other box set. Minimates continues to blow the other Marvel toylines right out of the water with their selections of characters.

Got these from Luke's as well yesterday. To actually have Alpha Flight in ANY figure form right now is just amazing. I can't wait to get the other box set. Minimates continues to blow the other Marvel toylines right out of the water with their selections of characters.

Hear, hear!

Got these in the mail yesterday along with all the other SDCC exclusives. These are without a doubt some of the best quality mates released by DST this year. Can't wait for boxed set #2.

......I can display Northstar with both hairpieces, and in two teams.

Will he be batting for both teams ?

Ba Dump Bump

Historically I think Northstar has only played for one team, now Rictor, Shatterstar, Daken and possibly Hercules, they are another story.

Edited by Heroic Slacker

Yesss! These came in the mail today, some quick notes:

Marrina's hair and Guardian's mask are TIGHT. Both made a trip to the ice cube tray to loosen up. Interesting, Marrina has a peghole head but no peg on her hairpiece. Is this re-used from an older mate I'm not aware of? Just seems odd.

Hoping that Aurora gets a single leg flight base so I can match her with Northstar. I use the double leg base for Guardian.

That Puck handstand is so many kinds of cool, wondering if we'll see it on a future Spider-Man or other acrobatic characters.

I can't explain it, but Puck just looks so...right. Even though he's not quite to scale there's just something so iconic about how he was done, might be my favorite in the set.

Need to stress again how awesome it is to be able to create alternate looks without needing to buy unwanted variants. Two looks for Northstar and three (!!) for Guardian. No other toyline gives you bang for your buck like Minimates.

Kind of surprised that Alpha Flight never really got a fair representation in any toyline before. There's something about the designs that just screams toy-friendly. Looking forward to Sasquatch/Shaman/Snowbird/Aurora and Vinidicator/Box!

Yesss! These came in the mail today, some quick notes:

Marrina's hair and Guardian's mask are TIGHT. Both made a trip to the ice cube tray to loosen up. Interesting, Marrina has a peghole head but no peg on her hairpiece. Is this re-used from an older mate I'm not aware of? Just seems odd.

Hoping that Aurora gets a single leg flight base so I can match her with Northstar. I use the double leg base for Guardian.

That Puck handstand is so many kinds of cool, wondering if we'll see it on a future Spider-Man or other acrobatic characters.

I can't explain it, but Puck just looks so...right. Even though he's not quite to scale there's just something so iconic about how he was done, might be my favorite in the set.

Need to stress again how awesome it is to be able to create alternate looks without needing to buy unwanted variants. Two looks for Northstar and three (!!) for Guardian. No other toyline gives you bang for your buck like Minimates.

Kind of surprised that Alpha Flight never really got a fair representation in any toyline before. There's something about the designs that just screams toy-friendly. Looking forward to Sasquatch/Shaman/Snowbird/Aurora and Vinidicator/Box!

I think besides Sasquatch and Guardian in Marvel Legends, AF has only been in one other toyline and it was a one off Toybiz wave.

Yeah, there were three Toy Biz 5" 2-packs. Not bad figures at all.

And Byrne does great costume design. Most of his stuff is very toyetic. His stories often veer off in unexpected, un-kid-friendly directions, though.

And Byrne does great costume design. Most of his stuff is very toyetic. His stories often veer off in unexpected, un-kid-friendly directions, though.

I remember those, they were pretty hard to find. I think they came out when the 5" ToyBiz line was pretty much dead, and they were fluctuating bewtween 5" and 6" figures and couldn't seem to decide on which. We never got any Alpha Flight when the X-Men line was at it's peak. It's nice to get nearly the whole team all in one shot!

I remember those, they were pretty hard to find. I think they came out when the 5" ToyBiz line was pretty much dead, and they were fluctuating bewtween 5" and 6" figures and couldn't seem to decide on which. We never got any Alpha Flight when the X-Men line was at it's peak. It's nice to get nearly the whole team all in one shot!

I don't really know that I agree with that. I remember the Alpha Flight and New Mutants figures warming pegs at nearly every KB Toys in the world.

Granted KB Toys may have been hard to find in one's area, but I don't think the figures ever were.

I made sure none of Puck's limbs were straight out from his torso, and he looks a lot smaller that way (upside down).

I don't have a pic right now, but make his legs "sit down" and bend one knee, put an arm down at his side & bend the elbow, and slightly angle the elbow of the supporting arm. He's right next to Mac, and looks smaller (to me, anyways).

Great pics Chazwinski. :thumbsup:

Somebody here on the forum has got to snap a pic of Puck bustin' a move next to a minimate scaled boombox. I'd do it, but alas no scaled boombox.

There was a Lego boombox in Minifigs wave 3, with the rapper.

If no one else has the accessory I'll take a picture once I get the set.

I liked that we got a full figure and an accessory figure in those packs. With the toyfare vindicator we had a full team. Definitely one of the best toybiz waves.

I forgot about our Guardian figure! I think that came out much earlier than the two-packs, but I could be wrong. I think there was a reverse-colored version, as well. Not sure if it was an error or a variant or what.

The 5" two-packs may have been rare (I vaguely remember them on our Top Ten list) but I had a great Kay Bee by me.

Oof, I may need to pick this set up for myself. No samples came my way for pictures, and I love these characters, or at least their designs.