UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never meant to criticize and I regret my question if it came across with a negative slant. I'm really just fascinated. I am a cherry picker collector so seeing someone amass such an epic collection is beyond me. I just wanted to know the reason why.

Those protos and unreleased mates are an amazing site.

Edited by nate_studio

Great thread Rob,

I'm not jealous (ok maybe just a little), but I'm impressed how badly you've been bitten by the minimate bug.

It's great to see not only your minimates but others coming out to share thier 'rarities'. I know that between you and the rest of us we have an amazing collection of gems, perhaps If you don't mind me joining in the fun and if I get the chance I'll dig some out and post pix at the weekend?

T.

p.s. It warms my heart a little that (despite your apparent minimate wealth) one of your 'treasured' mates is the QC of Thor, I'd totally forgotten I'd given it to you when you visited SD but not the good times had by all during that SDCC! :)

BTW, if anyone is looking for cases for their 'mates, I use these:

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-23700-01-Stowaway-Adjustable-Dividers/dp/B000E3C3OE/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1

(or one like those. I buy them in the store, so I don't know what the actual item code is. But it looks right.)

Interesting. I use these. http://www.tackledirect.com/flambeau-tuff-tainer-4007.html They're actually by the same company I think. I had some older Plano ones and they just made my mates sticky. :yucky:

Grundy was most likely going to be part of the Javelin 8 Deluxe. They never released the character line-up for it, and Grundy was slotted in nowhere else, but i'd bet he and Hawkgirl would be in it with their personal connection.

I'd give anything to see those sets again. Old Minimate Headquarters before the reboot had pictures of Braniac and the Begins set. Have we ever seen the Lex Flyer or Freeze? (Speaking of Freeze, i love the Freeze Batman above)

Can you imagine where these prototypes are? Like, oh my God. I pray they're in the DST Vault.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Member of the Month 'Mate?! Good God! Now that's a pearl amongst the gumballs!

1 of 4 I believe, All colored differently... Albeit not official AA/DST cannon They're still an interesting part of "our ancient history" IMO, (but of course I'm biased!) ;)

T.

Member of the Month 'Mate?! Good God! Now that's a pearl amongst the gumballs!

1 of 4 I believe, All colored differently... Albeit not official AA/DST cannon They're still an interesting part of "our ancient history" IMO, (but of course I'm biased!) ;)

T.

Tim,your two gems,Bomber & MoMMate found their way into my collection eventually ,strangely enough I never actively sought either of them but when they were offered to me I snapped them up . Needless to say I wish I'd been around when you made them & it's never felt right that I've got them ....am I making sense ?

I would be ecstatic if you showed us some of your stuff . :thumbsup:

It was going to be Black Spider-Man Day but thanks to Venom it's Symbioteday :biggrin:

I'll hand you over to our host..

post-638-0-02808000-1339848749_thumb.jpg post-638-0-16091400-1339848792_thumb.jpg post-638-0-76138100-1339848835_thumb.jpg

I have paid all sorts of prices for these guys & in the day they would sell for $20-30 (2 pack) & people have paid a lot more ......every one has been worth every penny . I hear & read that the original Venom 'looks' out of place amongst present-day stuff .....maybe he does but that single Minimate pack is all sorts of awesome whilst the Canadian Tongue-out pack is just not for sale....not from me anyway :no:

Cappy was kind enough to say that I know everything about Minimates ....I don't & I'm always willing to learn :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Needless to say I wish I'd been around when you made them & it's never felt right that I've got them ....am I making sense ?

I feel the same way. I'd get both of those if I ever saw them, just to "save" them from someone who didn't know who they were. But It was before my time and I regret that deeply.

Loving the look at everyone's rare and unique Minimates. Thanks to BHM and youbastards for sharing.

The only thing I currently have to offer is a pic of the translucent Spideys that were discussed a few pages back:

post-66-0-83943700-1339850265_thumb.jpg

(pic borrowed from RTM site)

Oh, and you old-timers might remember the time my Spider-Woman custom got used on the mock-up of the first couple of TRU 4-packs:

post-66-0-23112400-1339850483_thumb.jpg post-66-0-83834000-1339850494_thumb.jpg post-66-0-21329000-1339850531_thumb.jpg

Edited by boyd

the Canadian Tongue-out pack is just not for sale....not from me anyway

Yeah, I'm not seeing that pack in your pictures. Is that something you're missing? As I recall, you're not so much a packaging completist? Am I remembering that right or have times changed?

the Canadian Tongue-out pack is just not for sale....not from me anyway

Yeah, I'm not seeing that pack in your pictures. Is that something you're missing? As I recall, you're not so much a packaging completist? Am I remembering that right or have times changed?

I have every Minimate that Ivan shows on his magnificent Database . I have every packaging variation that there is a picture of on Ivan's Database.... bar two....these two post-638-0-52824000-1339857879_thumb.jpg post-638-0-38863300-1339857932_thumb.jpg .

Oddly enough the only promo that Ivan doesn't show a packaging picture of is Yellow Toy Fair 2003 ...same year,same colour that I'm missing . I have official packaged items that do not appear on the Database ...all of which are C3.

The Canadian Tongue-out pack is perhaps my favourite packaging variant of all ,I have a few & they're like old friends of mine. :biggrin:

All that sounds a bit pompous ,forgive me but how do I answer truthfully without sounding so ?

...... & while were at it if I'm meant to be a Minimate legend :lol: then Ivan is a real live Minimate deity .....we are so fortunate to have him & the MMDB.

I have every Minimate that Ivan shows on his magnificent Database . I have every packaging variation that there is a picture of on Ivan's Database.... bar two....these two post-638-0-52824000-1339857879_thumb.jpg post-638-0-38863300-1339857932_thumb.jpg .

Oddly enough the only promo that Ivan doesn't show a packaging picture of is Yellow Toy Fair 2003 ...same year,same colour that I'm missing . I have official packaged items that do not appear on the Database ...all of which are C3.

The Canadian Tongue-out pack is perhaps my favourite packaging variant of all ,I have a few & they're like old friends of mine. :biggrin:

All that sounds a bit pompous ,forgive me but how do I answer truthfully without sounding so ?

...... & while were at it if I'm meant to be a Minimate legend :lol: then Ivan is a real live Minimate deity .....we are so fortunate to have him & the MMDB.

Raise your glasses, gentlemen...to Rob and Ivan!

Edited by MiniMateVigilante

It was going to be Black Spider-Man Day but thanks to Venom it's Symbioteday :biggrin:

I'll hand you over to our host..

post-638-0-02808000-1339848749_thumb.jpg post-638-0-16091400-1339848792_thumb.jpg post-638-0-76138100-1339848835_thumb.jpg

I have paid all sorts of prices for these guys & in the day they would sell for $20-30 (2 pack) & people have paid a lot more ......every one has been worth every penny . I hear & read that the original Venom 'looks' out of place amongst present-day stuff .....maybe he does but that single Minimate pack is all sorts of awesome whilst the Canadian Tongue-out pack is just not for sale....not from me anyway :no:

Cappy was kind enough to say that I know everything about Minimates ....I don't & I'm always willing to learn :thumbsup:

Speaking of Canadian Venoms, where did my single carded one end up. I honestly have no clue who got that?

Great photos. I do love that Minimate. It was a long time ago, just before I started posting here I think, but I'm pretty sure that you were "the other bidder" on the eBay lot I got my Black Spidey in, along with my Stealth Iron Man and SDCC Punisher -- and you let me grab them without the price going all that high, so (belated) cheers for that! :tongue:

Ha, I never knew about Boyd's custom on the X-Men pack? Did DST ask your permission?

I didn't realize that Boyd had edited that post after I read it, so I had no idea what you were talking about. :) That's pretty cool; it would be nice if they'd sent you the mock-up. I can recall Mattel doing something like that recently when they used a photo of someone's Cat Man custom when they announced the Batman:Legacy line. And, of course, there's our friends at Shocker Toys....

I'm glad a buddy pointed me to this thread! This is so fun peeking into the secret stashes and stories people have.

So yeah, I'm sure this got us all going into our closets again. I'm jealous of several of your pics, Rob. Particularly the Spidey Max and Symbiote Spideys. Torment me with the Torment Spideys and I'll start making fun of your age again!

And Rob, did you ever see this before? I still have the letter and square envelope DST sent me on the Venom tongue promotion. The first time I felt that DST honestly cared and they still do to this day. :thumbsup:

photo.jpg

Ha, I never knew about Boyd's custom on the X-Men pack? Did DST ask your permission?

Nope - the first I knew about it was when Ady posted the packaging mock-ups. And it never made it to the final package, either. The only place it was ever seen was that mock-up.

You can check out the thread (from way back in 2006) here.