UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Fan Poll -Speculative for now

WookieFodder

It's gotta be Alpha Flight, since they've already shown the Box/Vindicator two pack that is coming out later. I figure that will compliment whatever 4 make it into the box set.

And I just noticed, but if it is AF, how funny would it be that Box wouldn't make it into the "Box Set?"

Lolol.....I crack myself up.

To be fair, it will turn into a news thread once the poll's up. So it's only, briefly, a speculation thread.

And yeah, theme's already decided; they have to have the design sheets ready to go in order to get the set out this year, and not having a theme chosen would require dozens of extra design sheets. Frankly, after last year, I've no idea what it's going to be, but I'd love to see them stick with cosmic Marvel and do Annihilation.

Clearly it's a speculation thread... there's no reason anyone would be anticipating actual news about this today and therefore click on this link expecting anything but wild, free-form rumor-mongering, like how it would be awesome if the TRU box set was actually a re-launch of the MAX vehicles as the M.A.S.K. line and we get to pick which four vehicles they're going to make first!

:whistling:

What TTF said! IF it's the brotherhood & she's an option, i WILL be voting for her.

I voted for Morg . . . i'll be voting for Destiny :biggrin:

(although - i'm not totally convinced it's not going to be an Alpha Flight set).

EDIT: Do we need a Civil War - Destiny Banner? :P

Edited by Nessex

guess it just depends on what era they're doing for the Brotherhood. if it's 80s, i'd vote Destiny, Pyro, Blob and Avalanche... obviously they'd probably want Mystique in there as a semi well known character, but i didn't mention her because i wouldn't be surprised to see an eventual update since she's fairly popular and has been featured in all the movies and most, if not all, of the X-Men cartoons.

if it's the original brotherhood than obviously Toad would be in there... and i'd also like to see Mastermind, Unus the Untouchable, and Magneto (only for a big name character)... with a classic green Quicksilver and an updated Scarlet Witch tru exclusive. but i think the first SW mate would fit well with the Brotherhood, and an updated mate will probably come around in an Avengers wave, since she's back in the comics again and is supposed to have a big role in AvsX...

that said, i had no idea there was another poll coming out, or that another box set was being announced this week!

I'm going to speculate that it's not a Brotherhood set. There's just not enough knowledge of them to appeal to casual toy buyers and there aren't enough members to really give it a good selection.

However, I'll speculate it could be an Avengers or Spidey through the ages set.

I agree with you Groundhog, except to say that the same logic could apply to the Heralds of Galactus. So who knows. It is funny how one person says "I hope it's the Brotherhood" and everybody starts to run with it.

I would agree that Avengers or Spidey makes the most sense. Spidey in particular, as we haven't had any comics 'mates tie-ins to the movie yet. I could see either a TTA set or another F&F set.

I'm going to speculate that it's not a Brotherhood set. There's just not enough knowledge of them to appeal to casual toy buyers and there aren't enough members to really give it a good selection.

I'm gonna call bullcrap on both counts to that.

First, there's more than an ample selection's worth of candidates. Toad, Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Sauron, Mastermind, Destiny and updates on Mystique, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are all prime candidates. Not to mention several Magneto variants, since one is probably bound to make the poll, whether we want it or not. And there are lots of prime Magneto variant choices left frankly: Xorn, Joseph, Ultimate, Planet X, House of M. (And at least 3 of those are 616 canon. :P)

We have a few mainstream characters. We have a few obscure ones. We have some middle-ground. We have some diversity to appeal to Avengers fans in Witch and Quicksilver. There are tons of options. And don't give me, "They're all villains!" because so were the heralds. And half the heralds were also pretty obscure, come to think of it. ESPECIALLY if you don't read cosmic Marvel. (I don't have a friggin' clue who Morg is, for instance).

As for the argument of no knowledge/mainstream appeal...

They were the primary villains of the first and third X-Men films, and at least had a presence in the second. Magneto, Mystique, Toad & Pyro were all featured prominently. Blob was featured prominently in Wolverine. Say what you will about any of those films critically, but people still saw them, people still remember them, and yes... people know these characters.

Furthermore... speaking small-screen...

They were occasionally featured in the 90s X-Men Cartoon (The Freedom Force incarnation mostly)

They were FREQUENTLY featured in X-Men: Evolution. They were practically main cast members. Probably more screen time than Magneto.

They were prominently featured in Wolverine & The X-Men from the first episode. Not constant, but regular.

And as said, Quicksilver & Witch bring Avengers appeal. Witch has also been in several Cartoon Avengers lineups, and has had huge exposure in the Marvel Universe ever since House of M.

But what REALLY makes me suspicious is that NONE of them made the villain poll. I can think of VERY few X-Men fans that wouldn't prefer Blob, Pyro or Toad to Mojo or Onslaught. Yes, Mojo & Onslaught are "masterminds" ... but the unmade Brotherhood members (of which there are many) are classic X-Villains... with literally 40+ years of fan following in some cases, which more recent villains (relatively speaking) like Mojo & Onslaught can't really compete with.

I didn't mean to go off on a rant on you. Sorry. :P

I've just seen WAY more obscure things come out of this line, AND come out of TRU polls for that matter. IMO, There's nothing the Heralds have going for them that the Brotherhood doesn't either match, or better. One heavy lead villain and his well known flunkies. A few villains turned hero. Some obscure choices. It's basically the same setup... we've just gone from Cosmic Marvel to Mutant Marvel.

Edited by Gillbob316