UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Django Unchained

Punisher

The trailer for Tarantino's new film surfaced today. It was pulled from most sites, but the first one that comes up on google still plays it. The website's in french for some reason though :D

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrcz2c_django-unchained-trailer-bande-annonce-vo-hd_shortfilms

Looking good. Great actors as usual, and I really like the premise. Will it be good as Inglorious Basterds? Time will tell.

I always liked Tarantino's stuff a lot and/but I do agree with K80: it's the style, not the stubstance. While I think Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were his most influencial and original movies, Kill Bill is by far the one I like most. And that movie's all about style. Django looks pretty nice, but not very much Tarantino in the beginning. The last 30 seconds on the other hand have written Quentin all over it. Really looking forward to this one.

Christoph Waltz looks great and isn't Kevin Costner also in that movie? I'm not the biggest fan of the late (post Romeo&Juliet) DiCaprio with some inexceptions and Foxx isn't on my list either, but I guess Tarantino is always excelent in choosing actors for specific characters, so I'm pretty confident here.

I really dig Tarantino's stuff. From his more... contemplative works like Pulp Fiction to his stylistic Kill Bill and those somewhere between (Dogs and Basterds alike) I know one thing walking into a Tarantino movie: I will enjoy myself. And seeing Leo acting like this MASSIVE dick in that trailer made me so happy that I just gotta see what he does playing the villain here. As great as Gatsby looks, this'll be the DiCaprio movie I see first between them

Really excited for this, I'm a huge Tarantino fan. I guess the part was written for Will Smith and he passed on it.

So you're saying this is supposed to be "What if Wild Wild West was actually a decently thought out movie?"

• 6 months later...

This was a much better movie than I was expecting, probably one of Tarantino's best. For once it wasn't just Tarantino doing a stylized impression of himself with precocious dialog and all, but a thoughtful, character-driven (and of course brutally violent) piece, and a refreshingly honest look at the many ugly facets of slavery in the US.

It will never happen, but I would very much like Minimates of Django and Schultz. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lobsterman

I want to see this, but considering I can't get out much while Dad's out of commission (knee replacement) I could only see one of the two movies and I chose Les Miserables. I do not regret this and I give my mancard away with pride. And even if I do get out again Les Mis will probably be taking more of my money because Holy mother of God was that movie good...

Anyway.

Looks like Django I'll have to miss out on.

Yes, SUCH an excellent movie. I work at my local movie theatre, so not only have I seen it once, but I also sit in on showings during my break, so I've seen it like three times now :D

Im also convinced this is Tarantino's best film yet.

Oh, man, go see Django instead. I saw Les Mis, too, and Russell Crowe was a god-awful miscast. You do not punt on the second-most-important character in a musical like that.

I liked Crowe. Then again this is the only Les Mis I've ever seen. Though Crowe's singing wasn't up to par with the rest of them, I felt he did an effective and FASCINATING character. Utterly fascinating... Though that may just be the writing.

Oh, man, go see Django instead. I saw Les Mis, too, and Russell Crowe was a god-awful miscast. You do not punt on the second-most-important character in a musical like that.

I liked Crowe. Then again this is the only Les Mis I've ever seen. Though Crowe's singing wasn't up to par with the rest of them, I felt he did an effective and FASCINATING character. Utterly fascinating... Though that may just be the writing.

Do this: go to the library and check out the PBS broadcast of the 25th Anniversary performance of Les Mis in London. They should have it on DVD. That is how you play Javert. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed this it was totally over the top like alot of Tarantino but it actually had a followable story line. i did cringe a bit over what IMO was the excessive use of the N-word and yes I understand in the time it was set etc but to me it felt more like they where just trying to force in as many as they could.

my fav characters have to be Christoph Waltz as King Shultz who I just thought was excellent and Sam L Jackson as Stephen who completely surprised me as its a character that goes against nearly anything else he has played.

After watching it I had a quick think on all the other Tarantino movies I've seen and he would seem to have made something touches most genres

Dusk Till Dawn- Action Horror

Kill Bill- Action Martial Arts

Pulp Fiction- Noir Thriller

Resoviour Dogs- Gangster

Django Unchained- Western

Inglorius Basterds- War Movie

I know he has done others but one major style I think he hasn't touched yet is Sci-Fi. So I'm quite expecting a Tarintino space movie at some point.

I really enjoyed this it was totally over the top like alot of Tarantino but it actually had a followable story line. i did cringe a bit over what IMO was the excessive use of the N-word and yes I understand in the time it was set etc but to me it felt more like they where just trying to force in as many as they could.

my fav characters have to be Christoph Waltz as King Shultz who I just thought was excellent and Sam L Jackson as Stephen who completely surprised me as its a character that goes against nearly anything else he has played.

After watching it I had a quick think on all the other Tarantino movies I've seen and he would seem to have made something touches most genres

Dusk Till Dawn- Action Horror

Kill Bill- Action Martial Arts

Pulp Fiction- Noir Thriller

Resoviour Dogs- Gangster

Django Unchained- Western

Inglorius Basterds- War Movie

I know he has done others but one major style I think he hasn't touched yet is Sci-Fi. So I'm quite expecting a Tarintino space movie at some point.

I'd like to see Tarantino try out something in the fantasy genre. Like tackle a fantasy story set in Japan with Japanese myths. I think it could be interesting. But sci-fi is clearly more... Tarantino than fantasy.

• 3 weeks later...