UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wreck-It-Ralph

Lurch77

It's like Toy Story... with video game characters!

This looks incredible! Excellent cast, John C. Riley is great, and Jack McBrayer is pure gold on 30 Rock.

Street Fighter, Sonic, Pac Man, Mortal Kombat, all in the same room? Awesome. I wonder how hard it was to get licenses for all those characters.

Zangief is just great!

but... but Zangief’s not a villain :confused: he’s Russian, but that doesn’t make someone ‘a villain'

his “you a badguy but not a BAD GUY” line makes me okay with him being there though, so momentary nerd rage gave way to fangasm, so Zangief, great hero of the USSR, you keep sitting in with villain support, you hilarious soviet bastard!

There was a quickly canceled American TV show called “Game Over” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Over_(TV_series) with a similar concept (videogame characters: they have a real life too!) and it’s left a bad taste in my mouth for this kind of ‘videogame world’ show since the people who made it clearly had no idea what videogames are.

Wreck-It Ralph looks like people who loved games created it, I like all the characters are in their own unique styles (Ralph and whatever Kenneth’s character’s name is look like Mario style characters, Jane Lynch’s character and world look like Metroid/Halo, the kart game candy world looked like a kart game) which is a huge plus and goes a long way to help the movie give the feeling the different games are ‘alien’ world’s to Ralph, the trailer has me very excited this concept could work!

I’m not looking forward to the cash-in game though, since Disney movie shovelware is NEVER fun or even good, which is sad because I’d play the crap out of a retro style ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ if it was done well as a Dollar App or something.

but... but Zangief’s not a villain :confused: he’s Russian, but that doesn’t make someone ‘a villain'

his “you a badguy but not a BAD GUY” line makes me okay with him being there though, so momentary nerd rage gave way to fangasm, so Zangief, great hero of the USSR, you keep sitting in with villain support, you hilarious soviet bastard!

Exactly! And I saw it like this in some way. Just because he's Russian (and you guys had some beef with these folks for some time), he might be regarded as a villain. (It's always how people see you, right?) And that's the funny thing and the reason why he's in the group of bad guys, while not being an actual BAD GUY.

Exactly! And I saw it like this in some way. Just because he's Russian (and you guys had some beef with these folks for some time), he might be regarded as a villain. (It's always how people see you, right?) And that's the funny thing and the reason why he's in the group of bad guys, while not being an actual BAD GUY.

That was McCarthy, not me. That man... Let's just say... Yeah actually, lets not go there. This could get too political way too quickly.

but... but Zangief's not a villain :confused: he's Russian, but that doesn't make someone 'a villain'

his "you a badguy but not a BAD GUY" line makes me okay with him being there though, so momentary nerd rage gave way to fangasm, so Zangief, great hero of the USSR, you keep sitting in with villain support, you hilarious soviet bastard!

That was McCarthy, not me. That man... Let's just say... Yeah actually, lets not go there. This could get too political way too quickly.

Damn you McCarthy...

Anyway I love the designs of this. Seriously. It seems every medium has its Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Cartoons has WFRR itself. Games have this. And books have that one Time Warp Trio book where they all fight every book villain ever (The only TWT book I remember. Seriously.)

And then again everybody ever appears in Imaginationland Trilogy. So honestly... this should be fun. Lots of fun.

You’re right! The movie makes it clear Ralph isn’t “evil” he’s actually sad he’s just doing his thing and is treated badly for doing it, so Zangief might be there for the same reasons. (he’s out there, saving the USSR from M.Bison, yet the American cartoon and movie, and I *think* Udon comics made him work FOR Bison... guy can’t get a break!)

But either way, Disney or Capcom needs to make an official t-shirt with Zangief on it that says “I’m a badguy, but I’m not a bad guy!” I’d buy the f**king s**t out of that shirt and I HATE novelty shirts.

• 4 months later...

So, I've now seen this twice. And while the movie is pretty good, I must say the acompanying short is worth the price of admission alone. It. Is. Amazing! Classic Disney magic. I'll leave spoilers out of it, but let me say you won't see the badguy coming. I thought I did, and I was only half right.

I love the pixar shorts before those movies, I now must see this movie even more. I'm so glad they are collecting all the shorts on dvd. Volume 1 has been out for at least a year and volume 2 is slated to come out this month, I can't wait.

I didn't think Wreck It Ralph or the short were Pixar. And all through that short, I expected the guy to die from a zillion papercuts. Otherwise, me and the gaggle of kids that went to see the movie this weekend all thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt it was one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. I even cried two and a half times (once was just my right eye and might have been allergy related).