UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men: Days of Future Past (aka XM:FC Part Deux)

Lurch77

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong, i love them in their original roles...but i dont want to say goodbye to the new cast either :/

Don't think you'll HAVE to. My guess is that they're gonna do a Star Trek style reboot here by having them f**k up the future hardcore and therefore do whatever they want with these guys. What you may well be saying goodbye to is the old cast again.

dont get me wrong, i love them in their original roles...but i dont want to say goodbye to the new cast either :/

Don't think you'll HAVE to. My guess is that they're gonna do a Star Trek style reboot here by having them f**k up the future hardcore and therefore do whatever they want with these guys. What you may well be saying goodbye to is the old cast again.

Yeah considering it's called Days of Future Past, I'm certain we'll see the characters throughout different time periods.

Yeah, the new guys are also in this one, anyway. As for what this means for future films. . .I would bet on seeing more new blood over the old fogeys if I had to place money on it.

oooh i have to say, id love to see a meeting between the two Magneto's :D

my list of characters that i hope appear:

Cable (could help Havok find scott?)

Bishop

Nightcrawler (since Azazel and Mystique know eachother, a new Nightcrawler in the future would make perfect sense)

Polaris (and Havok could meet her in the future and they hook up)

Forge

Domino

i'd be thrilled if this ends up like what happened in Wolverine and the X-men (cartoon)

Of course, we don't have context of how this is happening. It could just be two old men, sitting across a chess board, remembering a past adventure.

Of course, we don't have context of how this is happening. It could just be two old men, sitting across a chess board, remembering a past adventure.

I don't know about that. Did you see Singer's quote in that article?

“The movie is called X-Men: Days Of Future Past, use your imagination,”

Given how criminally underutalized Scott was as anything but a gun, in the first two whatever happened to him in the third was an act of mercy.

And they are considering First Class a soft reboot of the X-Universe, only W:O (which was 3/4 to 4/5 of a good movie) is still in. My guess is with Singer back, his two movies mostly count as well. How much is in and how much is out we'll see as we come forward.

my guess is most of the continuity from any of the original triology will NOT be there, except in elements of the actors portraying the characters. So my guess is we will have the first class team go to the future and meet the x-men team that will assemble later on (First Appearance and Giant Size) but they will be in a future that resembles DoFP...to be honest, i wouldnt be surprised if we saw 3 timelines present

Having not seen the movies in a while, IIRC there's not much in FC that directly contradicts the original movies, aside from the human looking Hank cameoing on television. In fact, Hank as a government official actually makes sense in context. (I know, I know, the last thing we want is for X3 to still be "in") What it does invalidate is the end sequence of W:O, the one movie they have actually said was staying in. But again, I don't think any of the escaping mutants besides Scott got named in story, so the blonde sister of a native american just becomes a different mutant with diamond skin, and Xavier was walking via mental illusion. There, that's fixed.

I also wanted to say that as a fan, I appreciate Jackman's willingness and enthusiasm for continuing to play Wolverine. He doesn't "have to" at this point, many actors who have risen to his level of success no longer want to be associated with their earlier, less serious (as far as actors are concerned) roles, or fear getting type cast. (I'm looking at you, Kirstie Alley, she who could have made Star Trek VI the best old Trek movie ever.) Jackman, for good or for ill, is actually proud of his association with the character, and as a comics fan that's cool to see.

(edit)

To clarify the above, I am not saying that ANY of the trilogy is definitly staying in this new continuity. Folks associated with FC2 are calling this a soft reboot akin to Star Trek. And they've stated that the only movie that will be largely untouched is W:O, and only the sections of that movie that take place before the events of FC. The plan is to keep what worked, drop what didn't. Hence my guess that with Singer being back onboard, he'll want to keep his 2 movies largely intact, and that doings so won't be as hard to do as it may seem at first glance.

Edited by Mirymate

I don't see how Wolvie Origins will work because Emma Frost is portrayed as a Teen in that and appears in First Class as a grown woman.

Also, this may be more comic related, but I was watching First Class the other day and when Frost turns to Diamond, how do her clothes also turn to Diamond?

Shouldn't her clothes be on top of her Diamond Form or have been ripped off? Maybe she is actually naked and using her psychic powers to remain unseen?

I don't see how Wolvie Origins will work because Emma Frost is portrayed as a Teen in that and appears in First Class as a grown woman.

Again, all you gotta do is say they were two diferent people with similar powers. Boom, done.

As far as the clothes thing goes: yes it should have, but apparently this was the more expediant route.

I hate the diamond power period. Just having it says being among the world's most powerful telepaths is not enough of a power, clearly she needs something else she can do to be useful. I mean, Besty started out a telepath only, now she's a telekinetic ninja chick. The Cuckoos are telepaths, but they've taken Xavier's traditional spot as exposition only characters. Telepathy = "guy in the van". You're not allowed in the field unless you can physically hit a body somehow.

I thought Loki handled that brilliantly in Thor. The guy essentially has no real "powers" except for being psychic/magic. Arguably the weakest link. Yet he holds his own in the field. If they ever did a Loki/Thor prequel flick about the two of them as brothers, I'd be all over it.

my guess is most of the continuity from any of the original triology will NOT be there, except in elements of the actors portraying the characters. So my guess is we will have the first class team go to the future and meet the x-men team that will assemble later on (First Appearance and Giant Size) but they will be in a future that resembles DoFP...to be honest, i wouldnt be surprised if we saw 3 timelines present

When Famke was mentioned they said it would be following her being Phoenix in X3, and reference it.

They're still using the trilogy.

The Emma thing isn't and issue but i hate that we can't have a modern, non-elderly Emma Frost to get with Scott. It's a fun betrayal/temptation story, almost as much of a travesty as them wanting Sigourney Weaver as Emma in X3. Unless the Hellfire Club gets stuck in the future and decides to rebuild.

Which, actually, would be a great way of explaining why they act so old fashioned. Do that please.