UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Dangers of TRU...

Shanester

Did you ever walk into a TRU figuring to just look around, but you ended up walking out looking like Santa carrying his big bag of toys?!

minihaul.jpg

Over 30 2-packs...

I got this load at a TRU that I usually don't frequent. Its kinda out in the boonies (literally) and seems to get oddball stuff. The Minimates are never where you'd think, so you need to hunt around the store. There was a sale going on. Older packs were marked down to $4.98. I didn't have the Avengers packs yet, so I got all of them but the Hulk/IM pack. I also picked up a few odd TRU EX packs. Some I had and some I didn't.

Koah-whoa! That is quite the haul. I think that's what every one of us who've ever slid over to an out of the way store in the middle of nowhere is hopeing we'll find. You're livin' the dream, baby!

I asked no questions, made my way towards the check-out counter and ran like hell. Yes, when she told me the total I nearly fainted, but I walked out with a lot of stuff I needed. They had a lot of really banged up sets. Some even opened. I bought a couple of them because I'd just open them anyway.

I just realized that I was only charged $3.48 for the IM 2 sets. They had 2 and I took them both.

Great haul, Shane! I used to go to a LA TRU out in the "boonies" (possibly the same one you went to ;) ), before my parents moved, and I could usually find just about any Minimate set I needed. I remember going over there when the new TRU Marvel waves started up, and I saw two Stealth Iron Man/Tony packs, and I bought one. I went back about a month later, and the other one was still there :D

Edited by karamazov80