130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

Zach,is the iron man going to have two pairs of legs and arms? One for the regular look and one for the bulky look. I glue my mates' hands and feet(and sometimes masks if they have no hair and I din't really use the unmasked look) so it would be great to have two pairs for them so he can be changed. Though the cost will be higher I think that many people would like it.(if there are other people who glue their mates).

We're already giving you a ton of removable parts with that Iron Man. You can take the boots and thigh covers off to complete the transformation, so I wouldn't glue anything unless you only want one of the looks. Or plan to buy two.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Iron Man was just the under armor coming in a Wave, then i'd like it. As it stands...

Phoenix Buster is hideous and i don't understand how it has so many votes here. A lot of people seem to be voting just to "have it in the armory" but what's the point of voting something just to make it stand there? Without the Phoenix Five it doesn't even serve a purpose...

VERY happy Scott has his armor. I'll use that and give the flame to Jeanie. Really want him and Emma in this set.

When i saw Wanda's hands my first thought was definitely this:

Doctor Strange is coming.

Can't wait to see the new Dr. Strange that will be sporting those spell hands!!! :yes:

I can't wait to see the new Dr. Strange astral variant that will be sporting those spell hands!!! :yes:

Nah, the variant will be this one from the 90's!

DR_STRANGE_long_hair_sunglasses_051911.jpg

I see your long hair/trenchcoat combo and raise you masked angst:

Strange.jpg

Figure if you're going to do a 90s variant, why not go all out. Right?

Zach, with IM, it does not appear that the armor will attach to the head. Does that mean the under helmet will not have a hole? It would be nice to give Hulk-Buster his helmet back and have a proper Bleeding Edge helmet.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel spoiled. :happy:

Looking at the control art and noting how bland Colossus looks compared to everyone else, I can't help but think back to a time when something like that Colossus would have been considered impressive (it makes me think specifically about the X3 wave, and how Juggernaut got a nice amount of attention for the detail in his sculpting. Granted, that was coming off of the Minimate lull of parts reuse, so I guess anything new would have been well received, but I digress)

... but now, we have so many amazing new accessories packed in with each character, that we can actually look at Colossus and feel that it's missing something that would elevate it to the level the other choices are at. It's a far cry from the days when I began collecting (right at the start of C3) when I was perfectly content to get a character with one or maybe two accessories (and variants whose only difference were alternate head pieces). Now we're used to new releases getting a plethora of items - even figures being packed under pieces that create entirely new mates... I feel like DST is really putting in extra effort to treat us well :biggrin:

I wasn't too excited when I first saw the poll images but after seeing the controll art! Love the new sculpted parts already! Now could anybody find a pic of that Phoenix Killer IM? I'd like to see how he looks in the comics. But anyway, I voted for Scarlet Witch. You Bastards had me when he pointed out how amazing those hands would work on Doc Strange!

I've been looking but I haven't seen any IM pics yet. I am really curious what it looks like though. I did find these. Here, have some pretty pictures.

Also on the same site, I found out Black Cat is in the Defenders, drawn by Terry Dodson, she has a new stealth mode, and is sporting Barron Struker's klaw, and I just about had a conniption fit right then and there I was so excited, and I have to go back and find them now, and I want her new costume as a Minimate, and if I don't take a breath soon I'll pass out. *GASP*

Here, see? http://multiversitycomics.com/previews/pax-utopia-is-revealed-in-avx-6-spoilers/

Wow, that was relatively calm for me concerning Black Cat.

Sweet Jesus - i'm kinda wishing i had voted for Wanda now - those Hex Hands are brilliant!!!!!

I honestly can't decide if I like that Ironman or not. . .

Anyone have scans of what that looks like in the comic?

It's kind of hard to nail down as it looks a bit different in each book.

The big fire part on Cyclops's chest comes off?! And can be put on Jean Grey!? Yes please.

yes, Yes, YES!!!!

I'm i'm loathe to think we'll only be getting part of the X-team in this look. It irks me a bit to see incomplete teams when there's very little chance of seeing them revisited.

We never got an X-Men: First Class Beast to go with this set. I'm worried the same will happen to Namor & Magik :confused:

Here's one image of it....

284px-Phoenix-Killer_Armor.jpg

EDIT: Here's an image of the Phoenix-Killer suit where you can see Tony inside it for scale. Looks like it's about the size of a Sentinel.

Edited by Nessex

We never got an X-Men: First Class Beast to go with this set. I'm worried the same will happen to Namor & Magik :confused:

Don’t say that!!! Maybe TRU wave 15 is a box set finisher wave.

-First Class Beast and Secret Wars Ben Grimm (only non-energy form left)

-PhoeniX-Men Namor and Magik

-Fire Lord and Airwalker (which sounds like a title for an Avatar episode)

-the ‘losers' of this vote.

(I know, no Spider-man, no headliners, not going to happen but still it’s fun to dream... right Volstagg! Zack Levi’s been cast as Fandral in Thor 2 so clearly you’ll have friends soon! why yes Mickey Rouke! you do look like an end battle Whiplash with your head on that hammer drone! No Calico Jack, you’re friends aren’t dead, they’re just... uh, delayed! yeah, delayed!)

Edited by dr baghead

I'm digging the Iron Man, but I have to admit, I have plans to make it a Laser Battle Beast when I get it :) The fact that I can keep the inner Iron Man as a full Iron Man himself is just icing on the cake.

Yes, after seeing the control art I'm glad I went with Iron Man, possibly the tallest Marvel Minimate ever. If he, Scarlet Witch, and Protector make the cut, I'm a happy camper. I don't care who else ends up in the box but I'm leaning toward Emma Frost. :wub:

Am I the only one to use the Silken Floss hairpiece to make a Night Nurse custom? I can't be.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel spoiled. :happy:

Looking at the control art and noting how bland Colossus looks compared to everyone else, I can't help but think back to a time when something like that Colossus would have been considered impressive (it makes me think specifically about the X3 wave, and how Juggernaut got a nice amount of attention for the detail in his sculpting. Granted, that was coming off of the Minimate lull of parts reuse, so I guess anything new would have been well received, but I digress)

... but now, we have so many amazing new accessories packed in with each character, that we can actually look at Colossus and feel that it's missing something that would elevate it to the level the other choices are at. It's a far cry from the days when I began collecting (right at the start of C3) when I was perfectly content to get a character with one or maybe two accessories (and variants whose only difference were alternate head pieces). Now we're used to new releases getting a plethora of items - even figures being packed under pieces that create entirely new mates... I feel like DST is really putting in extra effort to treat us well :biggrin:

Well said. I can't tell you how many times I've felt underwhelmed at an announcement of a character assortment, only to be completely won over by the sheer awesomeness of the design sheets, to say nothing of the final product. DSTRobert and the design team are just kickin' it on every level.

Well said. I can't tell you how many times I've felt underwhelmed at an announcement of a character assortment, only to be completely won over by the sheer awesomeness of the design sheets, to say nothing of the final product. DSTRobert and the design team are just kickin' it on every level.

Agreed. For the most part, my issues with Minimate releases nowadays have little to do with the execution of the 'Mates so much as character selection/design. But I actually do realize that there are so many different eras and characters in Marvel that appeal to different kinds of collectors, and appreciate that DST is giving us products that appeal to these various interests (*sigh* yes, even those 1990s Liefeld creations).

Edited by karamazov80

really liking that Iron Man armor it's almost 2 figures in one. Wish I had voted differently now though I bet he makes the cut.

Man. I love seeing those design sheets! It definitely is going to be disappointing whichever of those don't get made. Now I'm new to the boards, but is there a place where other design sheets have been published? I'd love to see design sheets for all my minimates. :)

(and how awesome of a coffee table book would that make? with some commentary by Zach.....)

After seeing the art, I am actually hoping that Iron Man and Cyclops get left out so I can pick up multiples of them in runner-up 2-pack form. :D

That way, too, I would be forced to pick up Colossus. :P

As has been touched on, I just don't see the point of the Phoenix X-Men unless we get all 5 of them... and this seems like one of those teams that's very unlikely to be revisited and finished off. Which almost makes it irritating before it's even finalized, lol...

Since it already feels like the set is going to shake out to Iron Man, Witch, Protector and an X-Man, I suppose the other two X-Men and Namor & Magik could be a couple additional TRU sets... but then, we never got Firelord and Airwalker, so... if Colossus' votes suck, who the heck knows. Maybe there won't be any interest. Certainly seems more likely we'll never see them.

Magik and Colossus would obviously make sense as a two-pack though, and Namor could probably work well with Emma or Scott. Not one of those random Fantomex/Mr. Negative type pairings that makes no sense, lol.

ANYWAY... all that aside, I have one humble request: Should Emma get made, could we PLEASE have a non-flaming cape included? I personally just prefer mates in their "powered down" looks, I always take the flamey hands off all of mine, lol. And while Cyke includes pieces to accommodate that, Emma doesn't seem to. I'd hate to have her stuck floating and on-fire forever because she doesn't have a normal cape. :/