130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

I think, and this is just a guess, that people are way overestimating Protector, and possibly even Scarlet Witch. Remember that this is on TRU.com Moms and kids are on that site. They will recognize Ironman and the X-Men, possibly not Scarlet witch and almost certainly not Protector.

Not saying they won't win. Just the poll numbers here are severely skewed.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. I love seeing those design sheets! It definitely is going to be disappointing whichever of those don't get made. Now I'm new to the boards, but is there a place where other design sheets have been published? I'd love to see design sheets for all my minimates. :)

(and how awesome of a coffee table book would that make? with some commentary by Zach.....)

If you go to the galleries on artasylum.com/gallery, you can see some others. Series 43 is up there, and if you go back to the last pages there are Man With No Name sheets, with plenty more in between.

I think, and this is just a guess, that people are way overestimating Protector, and possibly even Scarlet Witch. Remember that this is on TRU.com Moms and kids are on that site. They will recognize Ironman and the X-Men, possibly not Scarlet witch and almost certainly not Protector.

Not saying they won't win. Just the poll numbers here are severely skewed.

Moms and kids may shop at TRU, but they probably won't go vote in a poll off of the TRU homepage. And Marvel.com just posted the story on the site and on social media, so expect Marvel reader to weigh in. Protector might have a shot!

Hi Zach, this being a "vs." box set, would that mean that the top 2 vote-getters from each side are in? So we're basically voting the least popular X-Person and Avenger off the island?

Or does it work more simply, like the top 4 candidates are in, meaning we could have 3 X and 1 Avg?

Hi Zach, this being a "vs." box set, would that mean that the top 2 vote-getters from each side are in? So we're basically voting the least popular X-Person and Avenger off the island?

Or does it work more simply, like the top 4 candidates are in, meaning we could have 3 X and 1 Avg?

That's exactly what i would assume it would be, the top 4. It wasn't exactly said anywhere it was "VS," just that the voting roster was fair from both sides.

Something to remember is that Wanda, albeit on the Avengers side of the poll, is technically also an X-man. In a way, 4 X-men would be possible; it won't happen because not a single person wants Colossus, but that's not the point...

Surprised at the lack of X-love here, but the looks are rather flash-in-the-pan. Really hoping for Scott and Emma because the designs are really quite nice, but i don't expect both really.

Zach, do you guys get collected data at the end or do you have any numbers right now?

Gundam Man love still baffles me... :mellow:

TTF - it very well could happen. Not a single person (other than me) wanted Morg either.

A couple of things to remember - Zach has said about past polls that the results from the public are very different to our own MMMV results.

Also, I think these polls are a great way for DST to test which characters aren't strong enough on their own. Morg might not have gotten enough votes to have sold in a 2-pack very well. BUT - if he gets put into a 4-pack with big guns Galactus & Terrax, then DST can feel confident later releasing a Firelord two pack, thus giving collectors a more completed team without worrying so much about possibly losing sales.

I kinda hope that is the plan. While Colossus might not be the most amazing design out of the bunch, i'd hate to see all the other PhoeniX Force 5 designs get made and have him miss out.

Edited by Nessex

it won't happen because not a single person wants Colossus

Um, I do..., and I'd rather have him over the two female characters. I voted for the Protector because I think he looks awesome, in an old outer space, early sci fi kinda way. I realize that my tastes different than a lot of what I read on here, so I don't get into a lot of the debate, but it irks me to no end when an absolute proclamation is made base on opinion. I'm guessing at least one person voted for colossus, but I have no way of knowing that. I just wonder why some of you guys make these claims.

Now to be clear, I'm aware that noone here voted for him yet, so if that is all your basing this on then I apologize. but my argument is related to the fact that noone wants him, because I do like him, and would like him

Edited by Nervous

On its own, I think the Colossus design is pretty snappy, more so than Cyc (ugly visor). But the accessories on Emma and Cyclops really set them apart, so I imagine plenty of people are voting for that. Poll-based sets can be divisive, but ultimately we all win. Although, with this set more than Secret Wars or Heralds, I hope the outcasts plus Magik and Namor get made soon. I don't know if the appeal can carry on for too terribly long, and I would hate for such a large portion of the "team" to go unproduced.

On its own, I think the Colossus design is pretty snappy, more so than Cyc (ugly visor). But the accessories on Emma and Cyclops really set them apart, so I imagine plenty of people are voting for that. Poll-based sets can be divisive, but ultimately we all win. Although, with this set more than Secret Wars or Heralds, I hope the outcasts plus Magik and Namor get made soon. I don't know if the appeal can carry on for too terribly long, and I would hate for such a large portion of the "team" to go unproduced.

Lol, you know what's funny, I like his visor....... For Snake Eyes! But I do dig flame collar a lot

Now to be clear, I'm aware that noone here voted for him yet, so if that is all your basing this on then I apologize. but my argument is related to the fact that noone wants him, because I do like him, and would like him

Yea, that was mostly exaggeration and lack of votes here.

I'll say this; as a part of the Five, i want him, but he's bland and doesn't look like a "fun" figure. (All opinion, of course)

Wow. Getting the Bleeding Edge Iron Man under the buster armor would be pretty sweet. Between him and Scarlet Witch's hex hands, I wouldn't care who else was in the set, I'd be sold.

We already got that armor in the Heroic Age set. I do like that there is a full IM under the giant PB suit.

Oh I realize that. But I never even saw that set, let alone get it. And he'd have been the only one I'd want, anyhow. If I can buy a four pack where I get him and Wanda, I wouldn't think twice about spending the money. Him and Protector? Maybe. Him and the three X-Men? Now I'm back to passing completely.

Been too long w/o access and time. I voted for Protector, as he's the closest thing to a new character in the set. He's also the least known, and I figured he could use the support. Figuring it'll be three X-Phoenix's and Iron Man, but hope I'll be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...