• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Lord Supreme Gladiator, I warned them of their insolence. Be merciful, our species is weak... Kneel fools!

there was a new Wolverine and the X-men today? :O

dam, my store must not have gotten it in

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm surprised there are people voting here who don't know who Songbird is, or confuse her with Mockingbird. She's been in T-Bolts from the start, is a future Avenger according to the Avengers Forever series, and was a lot more high-profile than Mockingbird for a while there. (To be fair, Mockingbird was dead.) Even more surprised that people think Gladiator is "silly." He was Marvel's Superman loooooong before that Sentry dude came along, and has been a major X-Men character for going on, what, 30 years?

Happens all the time. I felt the same way about the Heralds poll... and about a dozen other things. Songbird has been missing for a long while and only recently turned back up. Apperantly memories are short, or T-Bolts wasn't on their pull list. As for Gladiator... clearly they have no apreciation for Superbo...er...Gladiator and the Legion of Su...er...Shi'ar Imperial Guard.

Of course, if people knew who all these folks were, I'd be out of a "job" around here.

I'm a huge Gladiator fan. I just felt like there could one day be in an X-Men/Shi'ar wave & that he'd be a good candidate for it. He was 3rd on my list.

I always feel like I make the wrong choices after reading all the posts in this thread. I voted for Hydro armor Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Falcon, and CMDR. Rogers, almost went with Gladiator. My reason is just based on who I like, who I think has a sweet costume... and again, just who I like. The only team I'd ever be mad at not being finished, would be the A-Team, because that would just be wrong. I never understood why people pass on people who they like, for someone they like less, just because they think it is the only way it will be made. My biggest problem/fear with that, what if the lesser chance pick gets made, and the one you like more never happens? wouldnt you be even more annoyed? I say strike why you can, to get your guy made. I would love to get a Banshee, but not more than Falcon, so I vote for Falcon (evn tho I have a feeling classic will be made, since it is specifically the modern version as the option) and on the other side of that , I don't really care about songbird, so It doesnt bother me if she ever gets made. The only way for me personally to want to complete a team is if it is missing a character I want to see

as it stands, the two minimates I want most are Clubber Lang, and Thunderlips!.......but the two marvel mates I want most are Falcon, and Genis -Vell.... so you better believe I am voted for Falcon, and am crossing my fingers for a Genis-Vell :thumbsup:

disclaimer.... this is just my personal thoughts on the topic of who to choose. I also never gamble, so that probably factors into my thinking somewhere.

The thought of Banshee wings for a Siryn/Warpath 2-pack makes me smile. Not to mention, that pack could have a Thunderbird variant.

Waves 48 and 49? Why, Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth and '90s X-Factor, of course. That's why an updated Black Widow, Silver Sable, Strong Guy, or Wolfsbane were nowhere to be found here.

PS - Strong Guy will have the parts (or a variant) to create modern Guido

I agree with everyone else - this poll is too difficult! I ended up going Banshee, just out of X-Men love, and Black Knight, because I love Dane, and want to put him in civil war cap's 90's avengers jacket.

Hmmm... maybe I need to buy an extra Civil War Cap...

Time for me to play "Who would make a good variant"... lol...

Banshee - Blue & Yellow X-Uniform Clearly

Black Knight II - Black Knight I Seems logical

Commander Steve Rogers - I just don't see this one getting a variant. Too many other great options.

Falcon (modern) - Falcon (Classic) Natch

Gladiator (Shi'ar) - Kid Gladiator seems an easy choice.

Luke Cage (modern) - Power Man Update I like this, but also hope that there's a few extra parts to go from T-Bolts Luke to regular street clothes Luke

Songbird - Screamin' Mimi Or modern Songbird, as she appears with the Luke Cage being offered in this same poll

Winter Soldier - Again, a variant here seems like a waste. Just give us long and short hair and both bionic arms

Um, I'm pretty sure that the Black Knight 2 should just come with both swords and the jacket as an alternate look. If so, I would surely buy two to display them both ways. Variant should be Masters of Evil Black Knight.

AGREED.

My deal with Gladiator is... he's part of the Imperial Guard. He's definitely the most prominent and well known member... but he's still generally, in most of his appearances, part of a team. I don't want JUST Gladiator in that regard, I have no use for him. That would be like getting JUST Mr. Fantastic, but none of the other members. I don't see the point.

But he's the only damn one toy companies ever make.

'90s X-Men from Toy Biz had B'Nee and C'Cil as well as Fang (well, Wolverine, but whatever) and Corsair, Raza, and Ch'od too.

My deal with Gladiator is... he's part of the Imperial Guard. He's definitely the most prominent and well known member... but he's still generally, in most of his appearances, part of a team. I don't want JUST Gladiator in that regard, I have no use for him. That would be like getting JUST Mr. Fantastic, but none of the other members. I don't see the point.

But he's the only damn one toy companies ever make.

'90s X-Men from Toy Biz had B'Nee and C'Cil as well as Fang (well, Wolverine, but whatever) and Corsair, Raza, and Ch'od too.

I'll give you Warstar... as a rare exception. I wouldn't count Wolverine in a Fang costume as Fang though. The Starjammers I will again give you, and I realize I mentioned them in my post... but they're Starjammers, not Imperial Guard. (As long as we're on the subject, I'd love to get a Hepzibah, now that she's been an official X-Man and all)

They also made a Deathbird at some point in a later offshoot wave (after they got themed... it was ninjas or something...) but again, Deathbird wouldn't really be an Imperial Guard.

So, does anyone else expect Toad on poll #3? Since he was on the older minimates poster back in the day, it would be nice for him to finally get him made. What better anniversary gift?

I expect some sort of Brotherhood Presence in the next poll... no question. That said I'm not completely sure WHO I expect.

I know I've been pushing Toad, but that's really just because of the poster thing. I think Blob actually got more votes in that old poll. And Pyro also got a decent chunk. And Mystique is more mainstream than all of them, and desperately in need of an update.

So I honestly think Toad, Blob, Pyro or a Mystique Update all stand an equal chance of turning up in poll #3... though I doubt all four will. Maybe two. Quite possibly even three, but that seems a stretch. That would be too Brotherhood Biased, lol. (But if all four do show up, it will pain me to pick two)...

I'm hoping whoever ends up in there wins, and starts the snowball rolling though. I want all of them, as well as Avalanche and a few others. Really hope to see them rounded out in TRU waves or a box set, assuming the Brotherhood train gets momentum.

Edited by Gillbob316

While I am greatly appreciative of DST for even considering the fans for this line (I do not collect anything else and have no idea whether this is common or not), I think the decision process would be a little easier if we saw some control art :whistling:

That's highly debatable. The variables factoring into your decision-making process are already in the double digits, why add specific uses for specific parts? Plus, the difficulty would have been transferred to us instead -- 32 pieces of control art to be created for seven picks? That's a tall order. Be thankful there are photos -- this way you don't have to guess at what costumes I'm talking about. Besides, you can always ASSUME that the Minimates will look awesome.

I expect some sort of Brotherhood Presence in the next poll... no question.

:no:

Besides, you can always ASSUME that the Minimates will look awesome.

This is pretty much true. I'm really excited to see any and all of these in Minimate form. It's going to be pretty awesome.

:(

I'm gonna address this after quoting one more post...

Well I think Zach said he referenced the recent new characters poll here while compiling his list, so here's the top-voted (20+) characters from that poll:

B-listers

41 - Falcon

41 - Winter Soldier

32 - Banshee

31 - Mockingbird

30 - Morbius

29 - Black Knight

26 - Songbird

25 - Heimdall

25 - Volstagg

24 - Deathlok

24 - Fandral

23 - Tigra

23 - Hogun

22 - Squirrel Girl

21 - Darkhawk

20 - Uatu

20 - Sasquatch

20 - Rocket Raccoon

Villains

45 - Zemo

35 - Blob

32 - Toad

31 - Pyro

29 - Silver Samurai

28 - Mojo

26 - Enchantress

26 - Wrecker

26 - Bulldozer

25 - Thunderball

24 - Jack O'Lantern

24 - Spiral

24 - Piledriver

23 - Baron von Strucker

21 - Avalanche

Now taking that poll into account, I'm gonna note that the top three vote getting heroes (Falcon, Winter Soldier & Banshee) as well as two more from the top 10 (Black Knight & Songbird) all made it into today's poll... so the idea that you were using it as at least a casual guide seems to hold up.

Now THAT said... the villain rankings are Zemo... who I think most people assume we might see next week, and then 5 straight X-Men Villains, the first three of which are Brotherhood Members...

Now, since I feel you're trying to keep these polls relatively balanced across Marvel's various franchises... I assume at least one X-Men Villain was suggested to be brought in for diversities sake, if nothing else. If Gladiator made it to the secondary heroes poll, then certainly SOME X-Villain must be in poll 3, as there are a few unmade X-Villains of much more prominence to overall mutant lore than Gladiator.

I find it VERY hard to believe that none of said Brotherhood members wouldn't have been considered first for next weeks poll... as short of the Wrecking Crew and Zemo, they're some of the most requested villains out there.

SO... all that said...

IF indeed there are no Brotherhood Members in next weeks poll... I can only assume one of two things...

Either one of the future unannounced waves revolves around them, which seems unlikely because an all villain wave is risky... OR and this I feel is more likely...

An upcoming boxed set. Possibly the unannounced TRU Poll. Or possibly a SDCC Exclusive set?

There are certainly enough of them to support either a full wave or a boxed set poll. Blob, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny, Mastermind, Sauron, Much needed updates of Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Mystique and probably an obligatory Magneto variant. (Ultimate? Xorn? Joseph? House of M? Planet X? There are certainly tons of options...)

As the heralds set shows us, TRU doesn't seem to mind weird all-villain factions for an occasional boxed set. And SDCC sets are kind-of anything goes in alot of ways.

So IF next weeks poll comes out and we see say a Silver Samurai or Mojo on it filling the X-Men Villain spot... I suppose I won't be all THAT concerned... Because I find it nearly impossible to believe Blob, Toad or Pyro wouldn't have been considered first... especially in a series of polls where Gladiator made the cut... and I can only assume a complete and utter lack of Brotherhood would just be confirmation that they're probably right around the corner.

I know you can't say anything one way or another... but the fact that your emoticon is both smiling and shaking his head no speaks volumes to me... lol...

Deductive reasoning ftw? (Hopefully?) lol...

PS. Who wants to bet me a dollar that Morbius is the Spider-Man villain in next weeks poll? :P

Edited by Gillbob316

Whilst you at... got next week's lottery numbers?

Nay. I am not psychic... just following clues to their logical conclusion.

If minimate gambling existed... I'd be betting heavily on Zemo, Enchantress, Morbius & Silver Samurai or Mojo (or both) for next weeks poll. O_o

Probably not the Wrecking Crew though. I can't see them singling out any one member. They're a natural 4-Pack waiting to happen. Some day. Some way.

i kind of took this :no: to mean something more like 'yes there will be Brotherhood members, i just can't say so!'

but maybe you're right. maybe we'll get a box set.

I wasn't sure at first, but I looked at the code and apparently that's the emoticon for "no" lol... see...

:yes::no:

So I took it as a "no there won't be brotherhood members, but I can't say so specifically, or why" which... then led me to all that stuff I just typed, lol... because as said, frankly I can't believe a Brotherhood member wouldn't be on the poll, for any other reason than they're already in Diamond's works.

Edited by Gillbob316

Incredible line up. I agree with all of you who already pointed out this would be a great wave on its own.

I went with which characters I like most (Luke, Falcon, Bucky) and which characters I think would work best as Minimates (Falcon, Bucky, Black Knight) and which characters give us cool parts (Falcon, Banshee, Songbird).

Which leads to my votes: Falcon & Bucky.

Do I really need to say who I voted for ?

I yell "Bollocks" to the 'we'll get him anyhow somewhere down the line' strategists ......I've wanted him too long already ,I am tired of waiting,I don't like waiting,I want him now.

Those are 8 great characters although Gladiator wasn't even on my radar . Banshee got my second vote rather than Winter Soldier purely because it's just too late for ol' Bucky now . When he was hot a couple of years back it was just, IMHO ,a no-brainer to bring him alive in Minimate form.......now I'm not so sure. I can't believe what I'm saying but that's my decision...if however he became the variant of the wave he would achieve the status he deserves....iconic. I would prefer the Winter Soldier to remain rare & elusive rather than becoming a peg-warmer because I have a suspicion he's had his day...don't want him now ....not interested .

;)

this awesome new assortment of possible mates has got me excited, so i walked up to Wal-Mart and bought a couple cans of spray pain to work on some new displays. i didn't like how crowded my original New Mutants display was, so i pulled them all off and put this lil diddy together...

IMG_3212.jpg

and here's a preview of the one i'll be working on tomorrow!

IMG_3772.jpg

PS. Who wants to bet me a dollar that Morbius is the Spider-Man villain in next weeks poll? :P

Probably not the Wrecking Crew though. I can't see them singling out any one member. They're a natural 4-Pack waiting to happen. Some day. Some way.

Pretty sure I've talked extensively about how the Wrecking Crew are NOT a box set waiting to happen, but that may have been on Fwoosh...

The best solution that would make the most people happy is the MMMV Cap 4 pack. Winter Soldier, Zemo, Falcon and Cap Roggers. But we're not getting it. So we get this poll. And now none of us are happy.

Close but it should read Winter Soldier, Falcon, Cap. Rogers and Sharon Carter.

Personally I think Zemo is going to get kanged (meaning they'll put him in a disney/marvel store exclusive but it won't be a Cap centric 4 pack).

A bit harsh Dino . I'll continue with the often tongue-in-cheek gripes but to say none of us are happy would not be true would it? I'm VERY happy that most of 'my most wanted' are at least on a list .....any list will do.

On a broader note, I detect a growth in the number of 'us' & 'we' posts on here lately . I'm very grateful for the forum that allows me to say what I am thinking but I'd rather let people know what I am thinking rather than being randomly grouped into a we or an us :down:

Banshee and Black Knight for me. It was hard to choose between Banshee and Winter Soldier but in the end Banshee got it.

The others where very easy to pass on. if it was classic red white Falcon he would have trumped Banshee.

Modern Cage. No thanks I like my Power Man with a afro and chain belt.

Com Steve Rogers. Cool look and I like it but suffering from Cap overload and I think with Winter Soldier We will see these two no matter what the result.

Gladiator. No thanks not for me never been a fan of the Royal Guard lot I prefer LOSH.

Songbird. not read much Thunderbolts and I can see why ppl like her but BK and Banshee are stronger choices for me.

Pretty sure I've talked extensively about how the Wrecking Crew are NOT a box set waiting to happen, but that may have been on Fwoosh...

In regard to the first quote: I KNEW the second I typed that this was going to happen... I just didn't want to sound confidant and then immediately back down on it... so I left it in there... dammit... lol...

In regard to the second quote: I think I have seen you touch on it... I don't know that I saw the extensiveness though. Truth told, I'm not a huge Wrecking Crew fan, I just know other people around here are. That said I can't say they'd make for very good two-packs either. That was mainly why I added, "Some day. Some way." at the end... I was leaving it kind-of... dreamy? (That's a crap word, but I don't have a better one, lol) I know they're not good for an average, every day 4-Pack... but I feel they'd still stand a chance as a con one... I dunno. I understand the reasons 4 medium-popular villains don't make a good 4-Pack... but I also don't see where breaking them up over several waves seems a good idea. I mean you see guys like the Brotherhood and the Masters of Evil work alone alot, so breaking them up is fine... but the Wrecking Crew is pretty much always the Wrecking Crew. That unit of four. Liable to PO collectors if their releases get separate and stretched too long. Especially if any ended up in a TRU wave, which some people have trouble getting. But then, cramming them all in one wave doesn't seem good either. If they were all packed with a hero in one wave, or even as two pairs in one wave, they'd overpower the wave with villains, which I also don't see as a good option. Frankly I don't really see a GOOD way to release them, from all ends. Some sort of Con 4-Pack just feels like the best of the bad options. Then again Hasbro breaks them up, so what the hell do I know? lol... (In any case, as I said, I don't really care about them a whole ton, that was kind-of just an offhanded comment... and if you've talked about this extensively... feel free to not re-hash.)

Way to look the other way on all that wild Brotherhood speculation btw. *Snicker*