• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Time for me to play "Who would make a good variant"... lol...

Banshee - Blue & Yellow X-Uniform

Black Knight II - Black Knight I? lol... I don't really know much about either, just guessing here

Commander Steve Rogers - Please god not another standard cap. Maybe that Werewolf Cap, if he doesn't win the first poll, but probably not

Falcon (modern) - Falcon (Classic)

Gladiator (Shi'ar) - I got nothin' for Gladiator... he's one of those characters that's barely changed an iota over the years... Another Shi'ar Maybe?

Luke Cage (modern) - Power Man Update (For those that prefer our heroes costumed and code-named... to match our Iron Fist Update)

Songbird - Screamin' Mimi

Winter Soldier - Bucky Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough one. All are new characters except for two, but Cage and Cap have some pretty cool modern designs there. Both of which I assume are pretty low on DST's radar outside of this poll. Cage seems fairly easy to customize, but Commander Rogers' costume is a little too detailed for me to attempt, so he's my first vote. Falcon, Banshee, and Winter Soldier seem popular enough that'll they'll be made no matter the poll results. I think Gladiator is plian stupid, so he's out. Kinda hard to choose between Black Knight and Songbird, but Songbird not only completes our T-Bolts from SDCC 2009, but also fits on the villain shelf, so she gets my vote! :thumbsup:

Black Knight II - Black Knight I? lol... I don't really know much about either, just guessing here

Actually, yes. The one pictured is Dane Whitman, the current heroic Black Knight, on-again-off-again Avenger, and usual weilder of the mystic Ebony Blade. Dane is the nephew of the previous, villainous Black Knight, a founding member of the Masters of Evil and early foe of Giant Man. So yeah, evil Black Knight is a great variant option. The original Black Knight, champion of Merlin, defender of Camelot, Knight of the Round Table, would also be cool. Dane tried to stop using the cursed Ebony Blade for several years, and took to wielding a "laser sword", and traded his cape for a leather jacket; this too would be a strong variant. And during this time, Dane's ocassional side kick used the Ebony Blade to prevent agents of the evil Merlin Demonspawn from stealing it, but was overwhelmed completely by it's curse, transforming into the violent Bloodwraith. Yet another good variant.

So if variants are the goal, the Black Knight is your choice.

Gladiator (Shi'ar) - I got nothin' for Gladiator... he's one of those characters that's barely changed an iota over the years... Another Shi'ar Maybe?

In the chat earlier today, it was suggested that a possible Gladiator variant could be Kid Gladiator, one of the students at Wolverine's new school.

And since we've got a 90's Cap in leather jacket, I kinda want a 90's Black Knight variant, with matching jacket and light saber sword.

Dane tried to stop using the cursed Ebony Blade for several years, and took to wielding a "laser sword", and traded his cape for a leather jacket; this too would be a strong variant. And during this time, Dane's ocassional side kick used the Ebony Blade to prevent agents of the evil Merlin Demonspawn from stealing it, but was overwhelmed completely by it's curse, transforming into the violent Bloodwraith. Yet another good variant.

So if variants are the goal, the Black Knight is your choice.

Um, I'm pretty sure that the Black Knight 2 should just come with both swords and the jacket as an alternate look. If so, I would surely buy two to display them both ways. Variant should be Masters of Evil Black Knight.

If Gladiator makes the cut, the variant should be Gladiator! :yes:

Gladiator_I_001.jpg

is that the DD villian?

I voted for Banshee and Falcon btw, forgot to mention that in my last post.

As an X-Men guy (I'm starting to feel I use that phrase far too often)... part of me REALLY considered Banshee and Gladiator... but frankly I've just never been all that into Gladiator in toy form. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want some of these other characters more...

My deal with Gladiator is... he's part of the Imperial Guard. He's definitely the most prominent and well known member... but he's still generally, in most of his appearances, part of a team. I don't want JUST Gladiator in that regard, I have no use for him. That would be like getting JUST Mr. Fantastic, but none of the other members. I don't see the point.

But he's the only damn one toy companies ever make.

I'd take an Imperial Guard box set in a heartbeat. Or even just more Shi'ar... Deathbird, Lilandra, D'Ken, some Starjammers, SOMETHING... But Gladiator alone has very little appeal to me. Even as an X-Men fan. He needs people to be displayed with. :P

Banshee was a no-friggin brainer for me. I'll always vote for a new X-Man over anyone else. I'd really like Cage as an update... but don't really love the character enough to pick him, lol. I could take or leave Commander Rogers, I prefer him as Cap anyway. I love any new characters, so Winter Soldier, Songbird and Black Knight would all be nice, but I definitely want Falcon more than all three of them.

What I find odd is that SOOOOOO many people expect Banshee AND Sunfire, to complete Giant-Sized X-Men's roster... and I don't know why, but I always expected them to come together, not alone. So if we GET Banshee alone... where does that leave Sunfire? Will we ever get him?

Frankly I'd take Sunfire as Banshee's variant. Just putting it out there, lol. If it's the only way we ever get him... works for me. I'd like Blue/Yellow Banshee, but I'd like Sunfire more.

We could probably stand a Thunderbird update too... but that's a whole other unrealistic argument... hehehe....

everyone needs to stop voting for Falcon. We'll get him in the next 2 yrs with the cap movie coming up...have to. Banshee and Songbird on the other hand...

what did i miss....o.o

WOWZA, tough choices, but i have to go with Black Knight and Gladiator as i see this as their big chance, not to mention Dane is my favorite of the bunch :D

I voted for Falcon and Luke Cage. I took a hiatus from Minimates for a few years and therefore have a gap in my collection. I'd like to see Songbird, but I missed out on the Thunderbolts packs and she doesn't interest me standing by herself. I also just picked up the Secret Invasion pack and now it seems messed up that I have a Jewel figure slumming around with an old Power Man who's hair doesn't fit him quite right.

And after some handringing and guilt, it will surprise no one that I went with Falcon and Black Knight.

I'm wondering if an unintended consequence of this poll will be to put a stake in the chances of low-polling characters ever getting made. Look at poor Luke Cage up there with two votes. And Rogers with three. If general polling tracks like our internal poll, it could be interpreted as a signal that nobody cares too much for those guys to get made.

Edited by Lobsterman

Hmmm... why can't i add my votes to this poll in this thread? I voted for the first poll, but it won't let me add my votes this time... why?

It really crushes me to see Songbird, the turd of this group of awesome selections, doing so well.

I went with Black Knight II and Banshee... if Songbird wins, I am coming for all of you!