UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Luke sprung for the custom, personalized mate from Digger's Kickstarter campaign, and there was a mix-up at the factory? :P

Oh, and caption:

"S#*t. Come on, s#^t."

- Flying while constipated, not recommended!

Stopped by my LCBS today to see if they have this wave. My general pattern is to buy from the store if I only want a set or two, and preorder from Luke if I want the whole wave. But they said that they won't be getting them for another two weeks. Anybody else have this happen? So I just went ahead and gave my money to Luke (which I'm always happy to do).

anyone else bothered by the unmatched skin tone on Shanna? It's like one factory made the shins, waist, chest forearms and hands and the other factory made the head, shoulders, thighs and feet. (for those people who believe th etwo factory conspiracy).

anyone else bothered by the unmatched skin tone on Shanna? It's like one factory made the shins, waist, chest forearms and hands and the other factory made the head, shoulders, thighs and feet. (for those people who believe th etwo factory conspiracy).

It's a little off-putting. I'd wager it's more because of the different types of plastic used; all of the ball-socket pieces (head, upper arms, thighs) are a softer plastic than the rest, and the skin tone might just shift a bit when it's curing or something. This has happened on other non-painted flesh-toned minimates, like Kay from the Creature from the Black Lagoon set.

I think making different parts of the same toy in different factories would make ANY collector toy line too expensive to produce. It may be the materials used.

I think making different parts of the same toy in different factories would make ANY collector toy line too expensive to produce. It may be the materials used.

I know it isn't logistical for the companies, but it's a fanciful way to explain the strange QC that happens from time to time. :)

I was just going to post about that.laugh.png

I got these from Luke yesterday (that's some quick turnaround there, buddy!) and opened them this morning. Nice sets. Sauron's definitely my favorite, but I am surprisingly fond of Nova. I wasn't going to get that set, because Richard Rider became one of my favorite characters under Abnett and Lanning and I don't like that he was replaced, but the figure turned out very well. He might not even be custom fodder!

My biggest complaint is that the shoulder holsters for the SHIELD Agents were pretty badly warped. In one of my sets, it had come loose from it's little hole, and is badly bent, but the one that stayed put isn't much better. Fortunately, I think that putting them on the figure will straighten them out.

Okay, folks, I won't receive mine yet from Luke for a little bit. I'm still curious.

Who's started tackling the issue of Sauron?

Even if the green on the Reaper matches the Hulk's green for the torn pants look, you lose those neat sculpted legs. Swapping out the top part of the Hulk leg with the bottom of the Reaper leg loses the "torn" tampo. So that's out.

The old Toy Biz figure just had yellow briefs on, so that's the look I'm thinking of going with. Drilling a hole into the back of the crotch piece and installing (likely gluing) the tail right in there.

Thoughts?

20130908_111033.jpg

20130908_111312.jpg

20130908_111404.jpg

20130908_111011.jpg

20130908_110949.jpg

20130908_110048.jpg

20130908_110901.jpg

20130908_110920.jpg

20130908_110211.jpg

20130908_110139.jpg

Another great wave! The only problem is the skin tone on Shanna, but that is less noticeable in-hand than in the pictures. The SHIELD Army Builder pack is the highlight of the wave, for the simplr fact of how many character variations you can make from both packs. Commander Rogers is my favorite of the bunch!

Luke Porter, Nova Centurion

20130908_122215.jpg