UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the guy behind Captain Marvel is Manifold, Eden Fesi from Secret Warriors. From this link, Shang Chi, the Master of Kung Fu, is also going to be joining the Avengers.

http://jubileemoon.blogspot.com/2012/09/manifold-confirmed-to-be-eden-fesi.html

We probably need some villains to play with as well.

So my guess is for a Shang Chi minimate!

I hope it's close to his classic costume.

I think Nick Fury Jr. is definitely a lock, since Commander Rogers wasn't on the ballot for Wave 50. Can't wait to get him and make a custom Steve Rogers Super Soldier! :)

Commander Rogers was totally on the ballot for series 50. He lost to Songbird. By a wide margin.

Not sure when we'll be announcing, but I think we need to solicit 49, 50 and 51 in fairly rapid succession, fairly soon.

I think Nick Fury Jr. is definitely a lock, since Commander Rogers wasn't on the ballot for Wave 50. Can't wait to get him and make a custom Steve Rogers Super Soldier! :)

Commander Rogers was totally on the ballot for series 50. He lost to Songbird. By a wide margin.

Not sure when we'll be announcing, but I think we need to solicit 49, 50 and 51 in fairly rapid succession, fairly soon.

You're totally right Zach, my bad. I was just having flashbacks to the "Commander Rogers is not Cap" argument that went on in the Wave 50 thread forever.

But a white alternate head and translucent shield for a Nick Fury Jr still would be really awesome......

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Hulk

Spider-Man

Scarlet Witch

Havok

Rogue

Doctor Strange

Nick Fury Jr

Cheese Coulson

Hawkeye

Captain Marvel

Black Widow

Beast

Wolverine

Sam Alexander Nova

Star-Lord

Rocket Raccoon

Red She-Hulk

Falcon

Iron Fist

Black Ant

Miss America

Kid Loki

Angel

Genesis

Legion

Quentin Quire

Kid Gladiator

Kraoka

Broo

Doop

Hyperion

Frankensteins

The FF

Ok so I think this list covers everyone who has been mentioned. And according to Zach there 7 who haven't been mentioned. So get to guessing :teehee:

Warbird would probably be a pretty cool Minimate - although i'm not sure she really has enough history or popularity to make her a lock for a marketable figure.

No-one's mentioned it & she has mostly fallen off the radar in recent times, but i'd really like to see AA/DST tackle an Armor minimate. I think she'd be quite cool :)

As for genuine wave 49 hopes.... i'm still waiting for most of Marvel Now to appear in Australia. We've had Uncanny Avengers #1, but i haven't seen anything else yet. While Rogue looks quite cool - i think i'd rather see an X-Men Legacy Rogue put out. I love that particular look for her.

I don't know if they'll be big players in the Marvel Now Campaign, but i'd really like to see Frenzy & Danger released. The end of AvX Consequences 4 made it look like Danger might be important to upcoming stories.

On another note - can anyone tell me where this image is from:

jean-grey.jpg

I mostly read the X titles from AvX, so i'm wondering if it's from an Avengers title, or if it's a flash-back shown in one of the Marvel Now books?

im gonna repost my guess:

Wave 49:

Ironman/Hulk

Captain America/Thor

Quentin Quire/Frankensteins

Broo(Or Doop)/Frankensteins

TRU wave 16:

Spiderman/Doctor Strange

Hyperion/Falcon

Hawkeye/Captain Marvel

Rocket Raccoon/Sam Alexander

edited one slot

Frankensteins ???

in Wolverine and the X-men, one of the new Hellfire club mentors is the child prodigy, son of Victor Frankenstein, and he builds a platoon of them at one point to attack the school

I'm really excited that series 49/tru 15 has a release date of January. Between new characters and updates, those have quickly become my own "Fan Choice" wave with so many characters I've wanted for so long. And series 50 is gonna be great too!

I think you mean 48/15. These guys are still guessing the 49 line-up.

I'm really excited that series 49/tru 15 has a release date of January. Between new characters and updates, those have quickly become my own "Fan Choice" wave with so many characters I've wanted for so long. And series 50 is gonna be great too!

I think you mean 48/15. These guys are still guessing the 49 line-up.

Yeah, I'm all confused with what series is being released with what since the TRU stuff is totally separate from the direct market stuff. Which means I guess I can dial my "hope" for getting a surprise Black Knight back down some. :rolleyes:

i have a feeling i'm not gonna be too in to this wave. if it's mostly Marvel Now versions of the heavy hitters, i'll be passing on those characters for sure. i haven't seen any new designs that have particularly blown me away... What would be awesome and a pleasant surprise would be Legion... he is the main character of X-Men: Legacy, which is rebooting at #1 with Marvel now. i'd snatch him up quick. not sure who he'd come with, tho...