UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She really, really, really looks like a middle-aged Agatha Harkness to me. She's not...I don't know..."slutty" enough, I guess. :(

And the silver Wolverine--that's just a repaint of the Wave VI one. Kind of disappointing, really. Is it availiable in stores at all?

EDIT: Doy. It's a TRU exclusive, so I'm guessing you can find it at TRU. :rolleyes:

Well I'm going to get rid of most of my Toy Biz Legends....I have almost everything opened from Wave 1 to somewhere near the Giant Man Wave. They got outta hand and I was like F it. I will keep a few characters that I like but other than that all gone. I even have that stupid Toad from the first wave. BTW I have all the bases to every figure too.

Do you have an ultimate captain america? I've been looking for that for aaaaggggeeeessss...

Patriot

• 3 weeks later...

Man, Yall will not believe the past couple weeks. There's a walmart near me (but not easy to get to) that I was working out. I went in there a few times and found Antman, AoA Sabertrooth, AoA X, Sentry, Hulk Buster Iroman and Ultron. I kept HBIM for myself (hes not as cool as I'd like), but I've got Ultron left if any one is interested. I also found X3 Jean, Yellowjacket, and variant Phoenix. Crazy

On a related note, I haven't seen a Marvel Select Ultimite Venom in forever. Has any one else?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Trekker...all my stuff was open anyway. I did go to a comic show last month. One of the guys who buys Marvel Legends from my LCS had tons of stuff. He did have an unopened Silver Surfer. I'll ask about it for you next time I go to my comic shop. Maybe the guy still has one because it wasn't a very large show and nobody was buying ML.

Hasbro is going to be re-releasing the Marvel Legends Silver Surfer figure this summer in support of the Fantastic Four movie. The drawbacks are it'll be a Wal-mart exclusive and cost about $12.00.

Silver Surfer pics here

YES!!!!! yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes! YES! I don't care if he's twelve bucks! THIS IS AWESOME! Best news ever

Scored the whole second Hasbro wave today..... Why are they not paying attention to detail!? The other figures always had a wash to them paint on the arms and legs, so.... I dunno. I just feel like the older ML had more detail and has better and overall MORE paint application. I'm looking at my ML beast figure from series 4 and the Astonishing X-Men Wolverine and the Wal-Mart Captain Britain figures and they all had highlights and lowlights. The captain B's red area had spots of dark red like shading and Wolvie's body was cast in yellow then had orange airbrushed on to his stomach for shading and just all around looks. If Hasbro made the beast figure it would look silly cause it was be just solid blue plastic whereas ToyBiz washed darker blue into the fur and gave it detail(I know the X3 beast is done that way with a wash, or paint but it was an example).

I would've at least expected them to put a wash over the chainmail type mesh on Thor's Torso. Instead it's just a rich blue.

Don't get me wrong I like the Hasbro stuff, I just think I might start applying paint to them to bring them up to the toybiz standard. With all of them side by side, ToyBiz AND Hasbro, it's obvious there was a change, like a different manufacturer cause the style/paint differs so much. If I wasn't addicted, I'd probably reconsider buying them all especially at $9.99 a pop.

OH! and another thing, they only packed one set in the case the store got. It was just the 8 figures.....sucks! Anyone else feeling disappointed.

The detail is not there and they are weak figures in almost all categories. SDCC Stan Lee, Quicksilver, BAF Blob and BAF Brood Queen are the only ones I'm interested in. Even the icons have suffered. The flesh tones appear more bland and it shows in the overall look. I've passed on Series 2 a few times because I didn't have the life to buy them. I waited till my friend opened his Series 2 but I'm on the fence about getting them. My completist streak is over. :( The hype of the line is gone if you ask me and they look like ordinary toys now. To have a BAF, it used to cost around $60, now its around $80. I'm waiting for my shop to slash prices and see if I can get them at $5-$6 each.

I'm going to wait a few more releases to see if they improve. I'm trying to be optimistic about it. :P

The detail is not there and they are weak figures in almost all categories. SDCC Stan Lee, Quicksilver, BAF Blob and BAF Brood Queen are the only ones I'm interested in. Even the icons have suffered. The flesh tones appear more bland and it shows in the overall look. I've passed on Series 2 a few times because I didn't have the life to buy them. I waited till my friend opened his Series 2 but I'm on the fence about getting them. My completist streak is over. :( The hype of the line is gone if you ask me and they look like ordinary toys now. To have a BAF, it used to cost around $60, now its around $80. I'm waiting for my shop to slash prices and see if I can get them at $5-$6 each.

I'm going to wait a few more releases to see if they improve. I'm trying to be optimistic about it. :P

Stan Lee? Really?

The "limited edition" Marvel Legends Silver Surfer has started to show up in Wal-Marts. It's a good time to start looking if you want one.

Meaning wait a week or two. Seriously, my WM sucks. It takes forever for them to get new stuff if they get it at all. It's kinda like my Target. They never got in the GSXM wave, and I was there every other day checking. They seriously never got them. Man I wanted that Prof. X pack. Anyway, I agree that the Hasbro figures are lackluster, and I have not gotten a single one (wel, except that silver Wolvie:> Him, I couldn't resist.)