UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

I was surprised that the figures are called zombies on the box. They're never referred to as zombies in the books.

that's a good point. why not Walkers or Roamers?

Camper looks great for Dale and the gang.

Here's the other one that's double the price for some reason. The cheaper one def looks better.

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4859&cgid=

and this looks like Ghostbusters Car, right?

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4223&cgid=Ds_Fahrzeuge_und_Boote

Edited by WookieFodder

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the playmobil stuff for a minimate RV a long time ago, back before we even knew we were getting walking dead. I think they're a little too large though and don't quiet scale right.

The store across the street from my house has a bunch of Playmobile stuff and I eye it up sometimes hoping that the vets lab or other stuff would translate to minimates but come away with the feeling it'd be just a smidgeon too big.

T.

Unfortunately, it's true. Playmobil stuff would be really neat... but it's just a little too big.

I used to use 'em with my DC Pocket Heroes and they worked really well. But 'mates... eh, it's a crap shoot.

Like it or not, (expensive) Lego's are where it's at for building stuff. At least, in my opinion.

This thread just gets camper !

I've been looking for a suitable sailor Winnebago Chieftain scale model for weeks with little success although I know now that their was a kit-form version made donkeys' years ago.....I keep hunting.

Recently I found this.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Winnebago-Chieftain-RV-6-7-V8-Small-Block-pair-of-Headlights-Breaking-/321014493557?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item4abdf47175&_uhb=1

...I called the guy ....it's now been dismantled & scrapped :sad: Generally I detest campers & their ilk but bloody hell I'd have had a go at restoring that thing ,what makes it worse is that it was about an hour away from here.

Yes, but if he is a Mime zombie, you'll never hear him coming.

And honestly, what sailors dress like that any more?

He could have been buried in that uniform 50 years ago. Don't the cemeteries empty out in the WD universe? I thought they did on the show, not so sure about the comic.

I know that the Minimate designers classify their zombies as revived, attacked or infected.

I have no idea why I'm defending mimes so strongly, perhaps its because they have no voice of their own?!

I didn't call him a mime because I didn't want to speak ill of the dead.

He died pretending to be a sailor on an invisible boat, and so he shall continue to be a pretend sailor in his undeath.

Edited by Zach Oat

Well folks, I have some news from the front lines of Black Friday. My friend who works at TRU called me yesterday around 7:00p.m. to tell me his store got in NINE cases of WD minimates. Unable to get to TRU last night, he hid three Glen's and three Shane's for me. As of 6:30 a.m. when I went up there, there was only two or three Ricks left. I know Black Friday sales are a little crazy, but to sell almost completely out of WD minimates says a lot for the popularity of the show and comic. I think all the trouble everyones been having getting their hands on these has more to do with supply and demand, rather than scalpers. That said...

Who wants to trade for some Glen's and Shane's? I picked them up for you guys. Go ahead and check your TRU's, if my store got nine cases is, hopefully yours will have gotten some in as well. But if not, I'm up for trades. I'll update my trade list in just a few minutes...

I thought something like that would happen. I went to 1 yesterday at 8:30pm and 2 this morning just for that reason, but none of them had any.

Also, to sell almost out of something that wasn't even part of the black Friday sales really shows that high demand.

I have two sets pending trades, but for those still looking and want to trade I still have one Glen/Zombie and one Shane/Zombie 2-Pack left...

For those of you not looking to trade, any news from your TRU frontline. Since Black Friday, my TRU hasn't put any more out, but considering they blew through 9 cases, chances are that's all they'll get...

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1575603&postcount=9

I came across a 3D model at the link above that someone is building of the camper from the TV show. I wonder how hard it would be to print it out and construct a "paper craft" camper for minimates?

I know my way around papercraft, bit of modification!!

I'll look into it

Edited by winkerbean

I went to 2 different TRU yesterday (Dec 1).

At the first TRU I visited, I was looking for clearence mates and found the Guts and Burn Zombies package. I was very surprised to find it because I really thought they were not to be out until later in the month. This one package was all I found, so I asked a employee if there was any chance there were any in the back. He scanned it and said they had one case come in and I was holding the 12 package out of 12 in that case. He said they were not listed as getting any more in nor did he even know they were getting them in the first place. The second TRU had three packages left. 2 of the Guts & Burn Zombies and one of Rick and the 1-armed Zombie. I purchased the one package of Rick & the 1-armed Zombie. I asked that store if they had more in the back and if they were getting more in and was told that 9 of the 12 sold and they were not marked to get any more back stock. I was sort of hoping to still get Shane & Punk Zombie but may not get it if they are not coming back in at any of the TRU's I can get to.

I am in Central Illinois and thought I would share what was found in my area. I am not a fan of the show or graphic novels, but I was wanting a Rick Grimes for my collection. I will likely set of a small display with the 3 zombies I have at Halloween next year. As for Rick, he will join the Man with no name in a display.

I also have some Glen and Shane sets to trade (MIP). I'm going to hold on to them through the holidays for board members interested, then return them after the holidays if no one else shows interest. The truth of the matter is, I think the Wave 1 sets have just about run their coarse, and everyone who needs them has gotten them...

I went to one of the local TRUs last night and they had just done a restock of WD minis and the whole case was right there for the taking. Naturally, I did just that. I drop way too much money at TRU...

I'm not looking forward to Carl. He's going to look soooo out of place using the same body as the rest.

I really don't get the double standard of sculpting new pieces to make 'mates significantly taller but refusing to do the same to make them shorter. I'm just asking for a shorter set of forearms, thighs, and a slightly truncated torso. We've already got slipper feet but they don't do much.