UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC News

9 new characters is great. But only 1, repeat 1, new villain. So I'm really, really hoping that figure number 8 is new bad guy figure.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 new characters is great. But only 1, repeat 1, new villain. So I'm really, really hoping that figure number 8 is new bad guy figure.

The next 2 waves will have 8 new characters and two new villains, but neither will have purple boots, and we'll be back to square 1. "Why aren't DST releasing more characters with purple boots???"

The waves after that will have 8 new figures, 4 new villains, all with purple boots, and we'll be like "There are too many purple booted villains DST!!!"

Of course, I am saying this in jest! :tongue:

$9 for a 2-pack? I'm dangerously close to saying "enough" with all that. Of course, Magma and Moonstar are no brainers. Digging that Punisher, too.

Pretty unbelievable that we're getting both Arnim Zola and MODOK as official Minimates. :highfive2:

I'm betting it's $10 by the end of next year. They've held the line at $7.50 for a couple years now, so this big of a jump must mean they've been seeing their profit margin shrink. $10 is a pretty psychologically important number, though. I wonder how many people will jump ship when it hits that mark?

Edited by Lobsterman

I thought Rictor was the Bi one and Shatterstar was the gay one...

I didn't read early X-Force, so I really don't know alot about either character's history... but that was the impression I got from more recent X-Factor books...

Shatterstar seemed to be openly gay, in that when he returned he almost immediately put the moves on Rictor... and I've never seen him with a girl (not saying he hasn't been with them, just that I never saw it)...

Rictor seemed to be Bi, in that, before Shatterstar showed up he had feelings/relationships with women on the team... but after Shatterstar showed up, he obviously also had feelings for him too...

But I admit, that's just how it came off to me, not being very familiar with the characters, and only having read them in X-Factor... since I don't know about their relationship history in past books (be it with eachother, or other men/women) my perception could admittedly be off.

PS. Are there better closeup pics available anywhere that someone could link to? I can't get a good look at Kingpin or Punisher in any of the ones linked in this thread.

Edited by Gillbob316

I think it's been presented that Rictor is gay and that any prior relationships he had with women failed because of it. There have been plenty of hints along the way(see, ie, green neckerchief). Even in the 90's Jeph Loeb intended the two to finally get together. Shatterstar was initially an asexual creation, so his background is a little different. I don't think he's so much gay or bisexual as he is simply sexual and not really bound by societal mores and reproductive imperatives. But in my simple, non-genetically-engineered-humanoid-creation's mind, I find it easier to just call him bisexual.

Edited by Turtle

Not to split hairs (and I do believe one is born gay), but that Rictor wasn't. He didn't "become" gay until very recently, as part of X-Factor, after he was depowered (from M-Day).

Regardless, I could not be happier with either him or Boomer. They look phenomenal, DST. Bra-frakking-vo. Wow. I love them. Let's keep it going!! :thumbsup:

This is one of those things that i kind of disagree with. Sure - he was not shown kissing a man on panel until X-Factor investigations, but there have been links to his relationship with 'Star & his discomfort with picking up women back in the old X-Force Vol 1 books as well.

Nit-picking and reading between the lines aside - i can agree that both minimates look awesome! :thumbsup:

I absolutely gave a sh**, so you can imagine how excited I am! :lol:

Heck, the first comic I ever read was an X-Cutioner Saga issue of X-Force, which had them, X-Factor, and X-Men (which I had already grown to love because of the cartoon) in it.

Seconded! I'd love to see Stryfe and some MLF characters get made!

Edited by Nessex

My guess? It's Kaine. Somehow, as the events of Spider-Island wrap up and the infected are cured, Kaine's cellular degeneration is revesed enough that he can pass for normal, and retains his powers.

Alternatly, it's Eddie Brock. It's been implied that Eddie's Anti-Venom thingy will be used up in the process of Reed making the cure. Somehow, Eddie retains his imitation spider-powers and becomes the new Scarlet Spider.

Nice costume though.

Not Impressed with the costume. It looks to me like they are trying to tie it to the same sorta look as the new Ult Spidey costume. I dont really mind if its a new identity for an existing 616 character but I hope they dont use it to bring Miles Morales to 616 universe.

kaine is definitely the front runner for this new scarlet spidey, but it could possibly be eddie or morbius (though hes in his own team right now)

but i dont think bens return should be ruled out, with jackyl using kaine in his latest plot i could see them revealed reily still being alive

but i dont think bens return should be ruled out, with jackyl using kaine in his latest plot i could see them revealed reily still being alive

Except Marvel's been pretty clear that they have been saying it's the return of the Scarlet Spider, "we didn't say the return of Ben Reily."

And of course they would NEVER mislead us about something like that.

I think the whole "running to Mexico" aspect of the story lends to the idea of a ex-villain taking the ID. Unless this Jackal is Ben Reily under the green mask. Not sure they're gonna go there, but Slott does love left field plot twists.

And it looks as if the Invisible Man and Metaluna Mutant are getting the Select treatment. Makes me wonder if the minimate versions are soon to follow. I know we've seen the smoking jacket version of the IM minimate, but the Select version is in his outdoor gear. Hmmm... possible second mate for his 4-pack?

Edited by MINI_MYTE