UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC News

I pray that the MvsC3 Wolverine ends up looking like the prototype on display. The Curse of the Mutants one just didn't cut it (IMO).

@ Hellpop: Any word of next year's Universal Monstermates? And how are DST planning on distributing the Maximum Zombies? 2-packs or 4-packs?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray that the MvsC3 Wolverine ends up looking like the prototype on display. The Curse of the Mutants one just didn't cut it (IMO).

@ Hellpop: Any word of next year's Universal Monstermates? And how are DST planning on distributing the Maximum Zombies? 2-packs or 4-packs?

The Wolvie on display had the Wave 28 mask, which I agree is a vast improvement.

About UM... a bit. They're aware that there are a few they've shown and not released, and also that there are a few that have been made as action figures but not Minimates yet. But they don't seem (based on the panel and the last Q&A) to have set plans for next year. I should mention that Chuck, for whatever reason, wasn't at the panel, so Zack and Robert Yee handled the bulk of the questions.

No word about the plans for the zombies... I think they'll have more plans for the line by Toyfair.

I wasn't that into MvC when it was announced, but some of these are awesome! for me the updated modern thor is fantastic, sans the spinning hammer (should be clear with one painted imo).the wolf is really cool, and i love some of the new accessories, as they will work nicely on some customs i have been taking forever on. Modok is cool too, and i like the updated ryu and akuma .

The zobies are neat, they seem to be what lego is doing with the blind pack minifigures, just zombiefied. the clown ice cream guy and the postman are my faves

The hammer accessory might still end up being partially clear, as the prototypes almost never have the clear pieces shown.

That would improve it tenfold and make it a more sought after accessory.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So, no word on whether they will be doing minimates for the Ultimate Marverl v. Capcom 3 expansion characters then? Last we officially heard, they did not have permission yet and after seeing the level of improvement on a lot of these characters over their previous releases, I am really hopeing to get a new classic costume Hawkeye out of all this. (being greedy I know)

According to AFX's Facebook, they've sold out of the Deadpool sets at NYCC, with "limited quantities" still available on their website. I'm sure they're not going to sell through their entire run this weekend or anything, but it does look like this set is as popular as some have predicted...

Edited by Lobsterman

@Hellpop, you were at the panel too?? Did you ask a question?

Got to talk with Zach, Uriel, and Robert for a little bit the other day (and mentioned my first Minimates experienced with Mr. Fantastic and the Human Torch from Target; they looked filled with nostalgia when i mentioned it.). Zach mentioned Chuck wasn't able to make it to the con, but he did a GREAT job of handling everything; he really knows what he's doing. :thumbsup:

Sadly, they won't rename Spidey "Sun-god Spidey." Ah well, win some lose some. Kingpin and the Spidey wave looked great in person, as did the final production pieces of the Cap/Thor Wave (still not enough to excite me of course) and the MvC3 waves (these looked PHENOMENAL). Oh, and the mountains of Alices were made for the show because of the high demand at and after SDCC.

No alternate torsos/heads planned for SHIELD Agents, possibly different hairpieces, and Nick Fury isn't planned at the moment later; they want to be able to get him and the girls right when they do them, not half-assed. No army dumps outside of movies yet.

Design sheets for the zombies showed alternate faces/heads btw; don't know if we'll actually get them but they looked good. Artic/Night Ops MAX will be ran with Smoke Jumpers/Spec Ops due to Wave 1 selling out so fast.

All in all, not a bad showing. Some great stuff coming out.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

According to AFX's Facebook, they've sold out of the Deadpool sets at NYCC, with "limited quantities" still available on their website. I'm sure they're not going to sell through their entire run this weekend or anything, but it does look like this set is as popular as some have predicted...

Considering the amount of Deadpools I saw dressed up at the con, I think it was probably a pretty smart exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved some to Deadpool fans that don't normally buy Minimates. True story: Friday night, I was walking back to my brother's place, where I was staying, and I passed by an upscale restaurant. Sitting there, having dinner, were two Deadpools. At least they took their masks off! :lol:

Got to talk with Zach, Uriel, and Robert for a little bit the other day (and mentioned my first Minimates experienced with Mr. Fantastic and the Human Torch from Target; they looked filled with nostalgia when i mentioned it.). Zach mentioned Chuck wasn't able to make it to the con, but he did a GREAT job of handling everything; he really knows what he's doing. :thumbsup:

Sadly, they won't rename Spidey "Sun-god Spidey." Ah well, win some lose some. Kingpin and the Spidey wave looked great in person, as did the final production pieces of the Cap/Thor Wave (still not enough to excite me of course) and the MvC3 waves (these looked PHENOMENAL). Oh, and the mountains of Alices were made for the show because of the high demand at and after SDCC.

No alternate torsos/heads planned for SHIELD Agents, possibly different hairpieces, and Nick Fury isn't planned at the moment later; they want to be able to get him and the girls right when they do them, not half-assed. No army dumps outside of movies yet.

Design sheets for the zombies showed alternate faces/heads btw; don't know if we'll actually get them but they looked good. Artic/Night Ops MAX will be ran with Smoke Jumpers/Spec Ops due to Wave 1 selling out so fast.

I did ask a question; I was the guy who asked about Indie comics 'mates, and made a joke about maybe getting some that aren't scantily clad women. Robert Yee had a good reply, that he's been trying to convince Chuck to do an IndieDudes set (or something like that, I forget exactly what he said, but it was funny).

I didn't realize that Chuck wasn't at the show AT ALL; Zack and Robert and the rest did a tremendous job running things without the big cheese there (assuming everything didn't fall apart late Saturday/Sunday, that is).

I forgot to mention the thing about female SHIELD agents! Yeah, I think we most likely will see a female army builder in a few waves. Someone also suggested making generic sports figures, and they really liked that, and thought it might be a good fit for MAX. So, if you see 'em down the road, you'll know where the seed was planted.

I'm with you Pete, but they are kind of accurate with the tiny head.

kingpin_4.gif

Best. Kingpin. Ever.

Totally nailed how I thought he always sounded. A lot of the choices they made on that show were questionable, that one was not.

its so funny we here at MMMV wish/complain as to lack of certain characters and compare them to MU, then go over to the marvelousnews.com 3.75" forum and they wish/complain about their lack of certain characters and compare them to minimates, for example Boom Boom and Richter

While I don't have any real serious complaints about Marvel minimate character selection, I think MU might be doing a better job balancing characters from different sources so that fans of any one property don't feel left out.

Considering the amount of Deadpools I saw dressed up at the con, I think it was probably a pretty smart exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved some to Deadpool fans that don't normally buy Minimates. True story: Friday night, I was walking back to my brother's place, where I was staying, and I passed by an upscale restaurant. Sitting there, having dinner, were two Deadpools. At least they took their masks off! :lol:

I did ask a question; I was the guy who asked about Indie comics 'mates, and made a joke about maybe getting some that aren't scantily clad women. Robert Yee had a good reply, that he's been trying to convince Chuck to do an IndieDudes set (or something like that, I forget exactly what he said, but it was funny).

I didn't realize that Chuck wasn't at the show AT ALL; Zack and Robert and the rest did a tremendous job running things without the big cheese there (assuming everything didn't fall apart late Saturday/Sunday, that is).

I forgot to mention the thing about female SHIELD agents! Yeah, I think we most likely will see a female army builder in a few waves. Someone also suggested making generic sports figures, and they really liked that, and thought it might be a good fit for MAX. So, if you see 'em down the road, you'll know where the seed was planted.

I was the guy in the front row that asked about the female SHIELD Agents haha.

Zach's reaction to sports figures was certainly interesting, almost sounded like it was discussed prior.

No pics of the arctic or night ops MAX anywhere on teh webs?

They only had design sheets for these guys, though they did have the arctic trooper slated for one of the vehicles on display (basically, just looked like an all-white MAX guy).

The problem with Kingpin is he is the exact opposite of what Minimates are. Minimates are, to an extent, SD block figures. Small bodies and limps, proportionally larger heads. While the Kingpin character has a huge body and tiny head. So by adding the extra pieces takes away from the traditional MM look, while making him the same size as the Hulk and Juggy. I just don't like him. I don't like the fat suit, I HATE he fingers. I wonder how he'd look stripped down to just the far chest and then limps, like the 1st one.