UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC News

The problem with Kingpin is he is the exact opposite of what Minimates are. Minimates are, to an extent, SD block figures. Small bodies and limps, proportionally larger heads. While the Kingpin character has a huge body and tiny head. So by adding the extra pieces takes away from the traditional MM look, while making him the same size as the Hulk and Juggy. I just don't like him. I don't like the fat suit, I HATE he fingers. I wonder how he'd look stripped down to just the far chest and then limps, like the 1st one.

Sorry to hear you don't like him, I for one do....it reminds me of the look I am used to of the Kingpin, over the top body with a normal size head.

If you stripped him down to what you said, he be the exact same as the original mate but with more detail.

They are doing what they can to bulk up the figures that need it from their original counterparts and I think they did Kingpin justice for what they are limited to. To me, it would be awesome if they could stick with the "Traditional MM look" and use a 2.5" or even a 3" figure for the larger characters but they just can't do it for the Marvel license.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how he'd look stripped down to just the far chest and then limps, like the 1st one.

Um... then he'd look like... well... a lot like the first one.

When I spoke with Zach Saturday morning he told me that Matt hears us and Kang will happen eventually. They are trying to see where they can work him in...

Think you mean Chuck, Matt doesn't work there anymore. I mean, it's nice if Matt hears us, but I don't think he's got much influence anymore.

Where to work him in? At this point you could put him in the middle of an X centric wave, or paired with just about anybody, and we'd be happy. Heck I'd by another beat-up Spider-Man with another bad paint job without complaint if it meant getting Kang.

Edited by Mirymate

When I spoke with Zach Saturday morning he told me that Matt hears us and Kang will happen eventually. They are trying to see where they can work him in...

:banana:

Were you at the panel, Rheul? At one point the guys were asked to name their favorite Minimate, and Robert said that his favorite Minimate was one they just finished, but couldn't talk about because it's for the wave after the one they just showed. Hmmmm....

I don't know about the rest of the Kang Corps, but I actually LIKE KANG, and want him because he's one of my favorite Marvel villains. Read Kurt Busiek's Avengers Forever and tell me you don't agree... and there's the way to work him in! An Avengers Forever wave! Songbird/Captain Marvel, Kang/Hawkeye, Wasp/Space Phantom (army builder, with Rick Jones as the variant). Sound good? I mean, if they can do the Death of Jean DeWolf....

That would be one hell of a lineup, Hellpop.

I wonder how he'd look stripped down to just the far chest and then limps, like the 1st one.

Um... then he'd look like... well... a lot like the first one.

The problem with these new bulked up characters, around the shoulder of the chest cover, they're built up in a way that accomadates the larger shoulder. It can look kind of weird with the smaller arms. I think it works ok for my Thing and Juggy mods (that sounds weirder than it is) but not so well for Hulk. Something just looks off. I'm like Dinobot, though, and hoping it works. I don't dig the bling on Kingpin.

Any idea who that Mr. Fantastic base is in the photo we got of the new She-Hulk figure?

http://photos.actionfigs.com/diamond-select-toys/p67099-diamond-select-toys.html

It's Super Skrull! You're so silly. :tongue:

Now someone tell me what the paper on the left and the third from the left says in that pic. No something... No car battery? :no:

Edit: 1000th post and I didn't realize it. On my birthday too! Yay!

The only picture I'd seen at the time of my post showed the white-ish base above the other figures, so I didn't know if it was Super Skrull or somebody else. Rassa frassa, don't think I know who K'lrt is, mutter mutter... ;)

Also, HAPPY BIRFDAY! WOO HAH!

Also, the "NO" sign seems to indicated "NO PICTURES". Eep!

:banana:

Were you at the panel, Rheul? At one point the guys were asked to name their favorite Minimate, and Robert said that his favorite Minimate was one they just finished, but couldn't talk about because it's for the wave after the one they just showed. Hmmmm....

I don't know about the rest of the Kang Corps, but I actually LIKE KANG, and want him because he's one of my favorite Marvel villains. Read Kurt Busiek's Avengers Forever and tell me you don't agree... and there's the way to work him in! An Avengers Forever wave! Songbird/Captain Marvel, Kang/Hawkeye, Wasp/Space Phantom (army builder, with Rick Jones as the variant). Sound good? I mean, if they can do the Death of Jean DeWolf....

That they're looking for where to work Kang in is great... but as Matt doesn't work there anymore, now I'm worried to even think to hope about this being valid.

As for an Avengers Forever wave, that would be THE SHIT right there. Kang and Songbird would knock out two most wanted's and both Wasp, Captain Marvel and Hawkeye are in different costumes. Space Phantom as an army builder wouldn't be any stranger than one of the Stone Men from Saturn and Rick Jones would be really swell! Too bad they can't somehow get an Immortus in there... or a Supreme Intelligence! :D

Edited by Mystery Man

Indydudes? I don't know about the name but I'd love to see a set to compliment the Femme Fatales.

Red Riding Hood/a proper bi-pedal werewolf with a sculpted wolf head mask with a second sculpted mask with Granny bonnet

Alice/Mad Hatter with a teapot that has a mouse head sticking out of it

Bo Peep/a black wolf (Amaterasu) with blood lined jaws and a sheep's skin helmet and back covering for hiding :lol:

Snow White/Woodsman or modern hunter for cross use in the Riding Hood set

Lexi/Steambot that looks completely non-minimate like (like the Real Ghostbusters Ghosts to give the haters something to complain about while they still pick up multiple sets for a steambot army)

Plus a few that aren't Femmes Fatales (yet anyway)

Goldilocks/Bear with three alternate heads to army build all three

Beauty/Beast I'm torn between a traditional beast and a living version of the Zombie construction worker

Which will be first ? Kang or the Battle Beasts ? I take the bet ;)

I give you total respect Sylvain ,whenever there is an event with potential news of Battle Beasts I see you lurking & despite the fact that we hear nothing you keep hanging in waiting for crumbs from the table. It must be frustrating but chin up! :thumbsup:

Avengers Forever wave? Captain Marvel / Rick Jones, Songbird / Hawkeye, Kang / Space Phantom, Immortus variant. (I'm still hoping for the all Wasp four pack someday, maybe when she's formaly ressurected at Marvel) When I say I want Kang, it's cause I want Kang, not because I enjoy keeping the gag alive. Actually, them making Kang and our stopping the campaign would make me very happy.

Of course then we'd have to gear up for Squirrel Girl.

Wasp Through the Ages, huh? Sure, I'd buy that, though I doubt she'd be popular enough to warrant the treatment. Funny thing about the Wasp: the first time I saw her was in the first issue of Secret Wars, and Jim Shooter scripted her as such a ditzy bubblehead that I took an immediate disliking to her. I don't think it was until the Stern/Buscema/Palmer Avengers run that I developed any fondness for her, and not until Avengers Forever that I really started to like her. Then Bendis got his hands on her and trashed her, like he does most things.

So maybe the Buscema yellow and black costume, the Avengers Forever costume, the Perez white and blue number, and... I dunno, Ultimates Wasp, to fill that team out? I could live with that. I'd still rather see them do Kang/Immortus/Rama Tut/Scarlett Centurian, though....

Oh I'd rather the Kang quadruple play too.

But eventually, Wasp is going to be featured in either an Ant-Man or Avengers movie and then the odds of multiple Wasp costumes goes up exponentially. (you know, from 0.0005 % to maybe 0.1%) I'd go the classic yellow over red costume, Perez white/blue, Avengers Forever, "modern" black and yellow for a Wasp TtA set. I thought of her as a sidekick when I first encountered her in the post #150 issues. Then came a two issue stint in Marvel Team-Up, where she thought Equinox had killed Hank. It was the first time I remember her showing her potential, dropping the "silly Jan" routine and taking command and defeated the villain (with Peter's help). I liked her a lot more after that, and she really shot up the favorite Avengers ranks when she took command of the team, and proved herself one of the best leaders the team ever had. And I know I say it a lot, but Austen had already trashed Jan pretty thoroughly before Bendis got there.

holy sh*t that is awesome news!!!

But only if it's written like the original and not that 10th year anniversary crap

Edited by Webhead

Well, it spins out of the Dark Angel Saga. So if you are liking X-Force right now, you might like it. Creative team is David Lapham and Roborto De La Torre. And teaser image below.

detail.jpg

Ummm... is that Basilisk from Age of X in bottom left? I don't know anyone other than Sabretooth, Wolverine, and, I think, Phoenix?

so now weapon x has no arm, and they are still using that new Jean Grey costume which was used generically for most of the women by bachelo. :throws up in mouth:

Yeah that does look like balisk. I'm way behind and not current so I have no idea what's going on in x-force.

Went the Con yesterday with my girlfriend and little cousin. It was great, I couldn't imagine it would be that much fun.

Wasn't able to get the Deadpool Corps set, saw one for sale and the guy wanted $45 for it! MvC3 mates looked great, especially Ameratsu.

Zach was cool too, helped my cousin find a gun for his build a mate.....took him ages!

Edited by UK Collector

So Age of Apocalypse has a new ongoing series announced in the X-Men panel. Anyone think there's a good chance of getting some more AoA 'mates? Colossus and Nightcrawler, please!

:yucky: F********************************CK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I love, LOVE, LOVE the AoA story arc. But the writers who have tackled it since have butchered it. It was once a completely self contained story that ended with the total destruction of everything. Then, some D-bag (Akira Yoshida) decided to ret-con that everyone miraculously survived & gave us that 10 yr anniversary BS (which really did stink). Akira also gave us Kirika Yashida. . . a weak knock-off of an already weak knock-off from the 616.

I haven't minded UXF's short trip to the AoA. It was short and sweet without doing too much to sully the memory of the original run - but sustaining it as an ongoing series when we already have about 10 different X-Men titles seems excessive.

Add to that, that all the cool AoA characters i'd like to see made as minimates have already died in the AoA.

Gambit, Colossus, Shadowcat, Quicksilver, Skin,

Mondo, Vincent, Chamber, Banshee, Mikhail, Abyss, Maddrox & the Madri, Havok, Forge . . . Need i go on?

Sorry - rant over.

Of course, i'd be happy to get any and all of the above characters in there 90's AoA garb as minimates. And i'll buy the new book too. Because i'm flippant and contrary and a sucker for anything with an X in the title :P

EDIT: Part of what was exceptionally awesome about the original AoA was that it took Wolverine out of the equation. He was not featured in every book. It's a bit suckful that both revisits to the AoA seem to need to put him front & centre.

TM2- Like the suit in general, not sold on the headset even after all those episodes. Otherwise AEMH Jan has been thoroughly enjoyable.

Don't give a fig about the AoA stuff. Not sure what stories still need to be told there, unless they do something they aren't likely to do- expand beyond the X-characters into the rest of the universe.

Edited by Mirymate

Were you at the panel, Rheul?

Nah I took my nephew on Saturday and he has zero interest in Minimates so the panel would not have been possible.

Wasn't able to get the Deadpool Corps set, saw one for sale and the guy wanted $45 for it!

Really? AFX sold out of them? They had a ton when I went by there on both Saturday and Sunday morning... Maybe I shouldn't just use the set I picked up for custom fodder...

Edited by Rheul