UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ALWAYS favor the extended X-Family, such as X-Factor and Forge and Banshee, but if there were going to be X-figures made, isn't it likely they'd tie into Regenesis?

Hope/Sebastian Shaw

Domino/Quentin Quire

Bulked up Colossus/Second Coming Nimrod

Juggernaut Colossus/Second Coming Nimrod

But I'd much prefer Thunderbolts, as were mentioned, though slightly different...

Luke Cage/Ghost (give Cage some sort of interchangeable parts so he doesn't HAVE to wear the T-Bolt logo)

Moonstone/Man-Thing (give Moonstone some interchangeable hair for a more classic look)

Mach V/Raft detainee

Fixer/Raft detainee (the Raft detainee should be an orange jumpsuit with a few interchangeable pieces to create a couple of C-list Marvel villains as prisoners)

Classic Punisher with the White Boots, maybe a Bandana

Updated Version of Ghost Rider

90s XFactor: Havok

Multiple Man,Strong Guy

That's Be a pretty awesome wave! I'd dig that!

Anyone except Cap,Spidey,Iron Man and I'll be happy

:buttrock:

@ Mnemosis: I'd be pretty stoked with either of those waves too!

Technically not a wave 44 idea, but thought of a way to get Tigra and Mockingbird, despite the likely hood of another Big three fest.

May I propose the West Coast Avengers#1 SDCC 2012 box set:

Hawkeye, long sleeved costume, bright yellow bow

Mockingbird, classic costume

Tigra

Rhodey as Classic Iron Man

The only other original member is Wonder Man, who was still in the safari jacket. Yeah it's only 2 new characters, and the Iron Man would be the third release of the same armor. I would suggest a different color scheme, maybe lighten the metallic red and gold. But it would be a "big name" to anchor the set, even with a different guy under the helmet. Hawkeye... well that's not my favorite look for him, but it is distinctive and ties into the movie. Sure there's no villain. But WCA#1 featured the villainy of the Blank. He appeared in the miniseries, and a story in Spider-Man. He's gray. All gray. A gray blank with same color hair. Boom. Done. But he's a boring character and would make a boring mate and I'd rather have Rhodey as Iron Man. (that said, we all know I'd get a 2 pack with the Blank in it without complaint, sucker for loser villains that I am)

Technically not a wave 44 idea, but thought of a way to get Tigra and Mockingbird, despite the likely hood of another Big three fest.

May I propose the West Coast Avengers#1 SDCC 2012 box set:

Hawkeye, long sleeved costume, bright yellow bow

Mockingbird, classic costume

Tigra

Rhodey as Classic Iron Man

The only other original member is Wonder Man, who was still in the safari jacket. Yeah it's only 2 new characters, and the Iron Man would be the third release of the same armor. I would suggest a different color scheme, maybe lighten the metallic red and gold. But it would be a "big name" to anchor the set, even with a different guy under the helmet. Hawkeye... well that's not my favorite look for him, but it is distinctive and ties into the movie. Sure there's no villain. But WCA#1 featured the villainy of the Blank. He appeared in the miniseries, and a story in Spider-Man. He's gray. All gray. A gray blank with same color hair. Boom. Done. But he's a boring character and would make a boring mate and I'd rather have Rhodey as Iron Man. (that said, we all know I'd get a 2 pack with the Blank in it without complaint, sucker for loser villains that I am)

The Shroud! The Shroud! The Shroud! He's all over WCA#1! I think, if I remember correctly, Roger Stern intended to make him the team's sixth member, but that plan was scrapped when Englehart ended up writing the regular book. Anyway, he'd be my choice for a WCA #1 box, along with Hawk, Mock, and Tigra. Definitely a box set I've been longing to see. :thumbsup:

The Shroud! The Shroud! The Shroud! He's all over WCA#1! I think, if I remember correctly, Roger Stern intended to make him the team's sixth member, but that plan was scrapped when Englehart ended up writing the regular book. Anyway, he'd be my choice for a WCA #1 box, along with Hawk, Mock, and Tigra. Definitely a box set I've been longing to see. :thumbsup:

I'd support a Hawkeye / Mockingbird / Tigra / Shroud box set. Assuming we couldn't get a red jumpsuit Hank Pym instead of Shroud.

Shroud would be very cool indeed. I picked Rhodey as Iron Man cause DST has that love affair with Iron Man variants, they do tend to sell, Rhodey is cool, and I want one. I'd be all for a Shroud / Graviton 2 pack tie in though.

Hank showed up later on, after the opening mini-series, and even later for the red jump suit. (after a suicide attempt no less) They can skip the fedora/scarf combination Hank tried wearing with the jumpsuit in his first few Dr. Pym outings. Someone watched too many Tom Baker reruns during his "retirement" apparently.

No, no.

I'm suggesting a boxed set, prefectly consistent with some of the other previously released boxed sets, and it even included an Iron Man. (sort of) It tied to a movie release, represented an issue #1, and was 50% redoes of characters we already have.

But if it will make you feel better:

"the Captain" / Black Widow in Avengers Jacket

Heroes Return Iron Man / Thor w/ his cape tied around his busted up face.

Nick Fury in Trenchcoat / Growing Man (to go with the Kang we will never get)

Nick Fury in SHIELD uniform / Growing Man (just to rub salt in the wound)

Happy? :thumbsup:

no not even a little. I WANT 616 avengers more than anyone (save mysteryman) on this board. I am just certain that the avengers we will see next year will be directly toedto the movie.

new cap uniform

hawkeye

Maria hill. movie costume

Loki

big bad.

and the rest. retreads. cause that is what the kiddies will see on the silver screen.

me? skip movie wave. give me. dr Druid. Jocasta. and starfox. now tell me I don't love the avengers. :P

Wouldn't dream of it.

But I thought we were speculating on the comics tie in wave, not the movie wave itself. Movie wave, you're right, except throw in a mate for any new armor Tony wears.

Comics... throw in Moondragon and your list works for me, man.

At one point I would have disagreed with MoC, but after seeing the missed opportunity to get more comic based mates with both Thor and Captain America this year, I think we'll get one or two new characters, and about a dozen redos. They'll be well done redos, but that's a small comfort.

So I guess we just officially hang the "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter" sign on the unmade Avengers roster of characters, huh? Take our crumbs and be happy? Kinda a depressing view, my friend. Might be crossing the line between realism and pessimism. Just sayin'. (course for pessimists, the only surprises are pleasant.)

So I guess we just officially hang the "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter" sign on the unmade Avengers roster of characters, huh? Take our crumbs and be happy? Kinda a depressing view, my friend. Might be crossing the line between realism and pessimism. Just sayin'. (course for pessimists, the only surprises are pleasant.)

yes i am a pessimist expecting the worst hoping for the best

I don't think it's pessimistic, more like realistic. We got a comic wave for Iron Man which was great, but then we got the combined wave for Thor and Captain America, two characters who have been little represented as 'mates, so when we're looking at the Avengers with the sheer number of name characters present....I just think we're better off being realistic. Still hope for a surprise though, fingers crossed.

Well, I think it's unrealistic to expect a wave like this:

Kang/Black Knight

Tigra/Mockingbird

Wasp in one costume/Space Phantom

Wasp in another costume/Space Phantom

Jack of Hearts/Quasar (TRU Exclusive)

Swordsman/Mantis (TRU Exclusive)

But I do think we'll get a significant amount of Avengers from the movie. DST has used the Thor and Cap movies to bring us Beta Ray Bill, Crossbones, Sif, Balder, Armin Zola, and Thunderstrike, just off the top of my head. That's a nice selection of new characters. And yet, it's frustrating, because we haven't gotten the Falcon somehow, and we didn't get any new Thor villains (unless one counts the movie Destroyer, which I do). So I'd say complete optimism and pessimism are both unfounded. We're likely to get a few new characters that will make us all excited, and a few retreads that will hopefully be packed together so we don't have to buy them. Business as usual.

Here's the thing... there are already a lot of Cap/Thor/Iron Man sitting on the shelves. Pick your scale and style, you pretty much take your pick of movie or comics inspired designs. Heck, I've got pegs of Cap and Thor mates clogging the pegs as we speak, and the IM2's only left cause they clearanced them for next to nothing. Now I know that all likelihood Marvel's going to want to push the Big Three again. But unless they go deeper into the roster, all parties are in for a sales disaster. The movie could be awsome, but the toy market is already at saturation point and the movie is 8 months away. If it's going to be all Cap/Thor/Iron Man variations that drives the toy lines, it's going to be a sales disaster for everyone DST included.

That's why I'm hoping somebody decided to dig deeper into the rosters when setting up their marketing plans (which by now are probably set in stone as far as this movie is concerned).

Here's the thing... there are already a lot of Cap/Thor/Iron Man sitting on the shelves. Pick your scale and style, you pretty much take your pick of movie or comics inspired designs. Heck, I've got pegs of Cap and Thor mates clogging the pegs as we speak, and the IM2's only left cause they clearanced them for next to nothing. Now I know that all likelihood Marvel's going to want to push the Big Three again. But unless they go deeper into the roster, all parties are in for a sales disaster. The movie could be awsome, but the toy market is already at saturation point and the movie is 8 months away. If it's going to be all Cap/Thor/Iron Man variations that drives the toy lines, it's going to be a sales disaster for everyone DST included.

That's why I'm hoping somebody decided to dig deeper into the rosters when setting up their marketing plans (which by now are probably set in stone as far as this movie is concerned).

Well - it'd be really great to see DST release one or two waves of Avengers Comic lines to sandwich the release of the movie stuff. There's no reason we couldn't have a 2 lines anchored by Thor, Cap & Iron Man that also gave us Tigra, Jacosta, Black Knight, MoonDragon, Falcon, MockingBird, Onslaught, Baron Zemo (Either), Kang, Lava Men & Female SHIELD agenets.

Yeah - no reason at all . . . i wonder what the reason will be :rolleyes:

It occurs to me that we have almost everybody as a minimate that was made for the 1980's "Secret Wars" toy line. One more 4-pack would finish it off beautifully. Who's left? I thought you'd never ask.

-Kang

-Falcon

-Baron Zemo

-Constrictor

;)

YES. We need all four of those Secret Wars characters. Fun Fact: Falcon is the last Marvel Mego to be made as a mate (excluding Conan, who is no longer published by Marvel), and also the last ToyBiz Famous Covers (Mego retro) character to be made now that Aunt May is coming in W43.

I'm holding out hope that Wave 44 will be non-movie, coming out before the big summer blitz for Avengers and Spider-Man. Maybe Iron Man (cuz they always need an anchor)/Constrictor, Kang/Black Knight, and Classic Falcon / Mandroid army builder, with a FA or modern Falcon variant.

...and because no one asked: I'm with the Kang crew, I think he's essential and want the MiniMate. But I think once Kang is made, NewKang for me will be Grim Reaper, who has somehow eluded being made as a toy for decades. I really hope that DST is able to work in some comic-based Avengers mates into the 2012 lineup, and that that lineup includes a certain scythe-handed lunatic with headgear that rivals Galactus' space-antlers.