UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

redhead?! I thought the agents were blonde and brunette

screw you DST, so not cool. I'm so done with minimates.

... waiting for these guys to turn up, waiting for the postie I feel like a pet loyally waiting for its master to return home.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting my set, I had to sit down and actually read the original comic story. So, whether intentionally or not, DST gave us something really cool with this set. In the first issue of the series, JJJ, Det. Stan Carter & Matt Murdock ALL have on the same blue suit! Maybe the tie was different, but the same nevertheless. So with the extra heads and/or hairpieces included in the sets, with extra JJJ sets, all three can be made! Plus, now that I see the SHIELD connection in the story, they make sense in the wave.

Funny thing too... After I read the story, I sat down and watched the first story arc of the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Guess which characters popped up in the closing credits? Jean DeWollf & Stan Carter. I guess I had no idea they were in that series as well.

Fantastic job DST! This has to be one of my favorite waves to come out. I'd personally LOVE to see more waves focused on classic story arcs like this, with all the cool little things thrown in. Having started reading comics in the 70s, I found this pulling me back into the classic days of old school comics with great stories & art.

I think now I need a Robbie & Betty to complete the Bugle's roster. :)

After getting my set, I had to sit down and actually read the original comic story. So, whether intentionally or not, DST gave us something really cool with this set. In the first issue of the series, JJJ, Det. Stan Carter & Matt Murdock ALL have on the same blue suit! Maybe the tie was different, but the same nevertheless. So with the extra heads and/or hairpieces included in the sets, with extra JJJ sets, all three can be made! Plus, now that I see the SHIELD connection in the story, they make sense in the wave.

Funny thing too... After I read the story, I sat down and watched the first story arc of the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Guess which characters popped up in the closing credits? Jean DeWollf & Stan Carter. I guess I had no idea they were in that series as well.

Fantastic job DST! This has to be one of my favorite waves to come out. I'd personally LOVE to see more waves focused on classic story arcs like this, with all the cool little things thrown in. Having started reading comics in the 70s, I found this pulling me back into the classic days of old school comics with great stories & art.

I think now I need a Robbie & Betty to complete the Bugle's roster. :)

As a comics fan, I'm thrilled that somebody who'd never read the story got a chance to read it and enjoy it. :)

I also agree on two-counts of yours:

-Waves to focus on classic story arcs

-Robbie Roberston and Betty Brant minimates!

Sure, we make the blond agent the rare chase, then for some reason Aunt May comes with mostly redheaded agents, and next thing you know you guys are calling it "SHIELDGate" and our list of major screw-ups gets one longer. No thanks! :tongue:

See. I'd say you've got us pretty well figured out at this point. :thumbsup:

Did those of you that Luke sent to get confirmation numbers?

He said mine'd be goin' out two days ago, but I didn't get anything and, and, and... :ermm:

My son "borrowed" your trimmed Dracula cape, which I had to track down this weekend. :P

just received my first lot of these guys, beautiful looking mates, very well executed.

they do all smell though, really bad. Anyone else notice this? It is a rubbery plastic smell, so Luke didn't do anything... untoward to them :mellow: , but it is nasty, not something I've had with mates before.

I got one more coming for Clay Quartermain. I need to find a good face for that by then.

IMAG0468-1.jpg

I also need a Luke-head-sticker for Gabe's hole. :sweat:

I've got Jasper Sitwell, Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jimmy Woo, and then just a bunch of random heads & hair I thought would look cool.

[Not pictured] My Phil Coulson is still in his suit, my Daisy Johnson is in her Widow S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform, and Sharon Carter (Peggy Carter's face :thumbsup:) is in her First Class Emma Frost getup. I just need Maria Hill to come out now! :biggrin:

Edited by TENIME_art

I want more, but the only way I can think of to get them in bulk and not for exorbitant prices, is buying another case, and I already have almost case worth of Jean & Sin Eater packs to get rid of (though I'm thinking about hanging onto some of the Jeans for extras of the badge hand), not to mention all the Jamesons (I have three cases worth). :wacko:

[Not pictured] My Phil Coulson is still in his suit, my Daisy Johnson is in her Widow S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform, and Sharon Carter (Peggy Carter's face :thumbsup:) is in her First Class Emma Frost getup. I just need Maria Hill to come out now! :biggrin:

I'd like to see these guys! Has Coulson made an appearance in the 616 yet? I've really enjoyed him in the movies.

If you're looking to get rid of some, I'll take a Jean off your hands. That beret is begging to worked onto a movie-style Montgomery Falsworth.

I want more, but the only way I can think of to get them in bulk and not for exorbitant prices, is buying another case, and I already have almost case worth of Jean & Sin Eater packs to get rid of (though I'm thinking about hanging onto some of the Jeans for extras of the badge hand), not to mention all the Jamesons (I have three cases worth). :wacko:

When I get mine in the mail and see Jean, I'll letcha know... but I may be willing to take at least one Jean off your hands if a custom idea works. I don't need the badge hand, either.

I got one more coming for Clay Quartermain. I need to find a good face for that by then.

Marty from BTTF has the best smile, but his eyebrows/eyes are the wrong color for the fair haired Quartermain.

Here ya go, Turtle!

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1147&n=Agent+Coulson

:lol: Sorry to let ya down, but I didn't do anything to him. He's got his gun in one hand, and the bullhorn in the other. :blush: I can get pics of the ladies. Daisy is just Movie Black Widow with Rachel Phoenix's face & Race Track Tony Stark's hair (though, not specifically his, but that mold). She was basically my Maria Hill, but since we're getting an official one, I'm just calling her Daisy now (love Secret Warriors). Sharon is literally just First Class Emma Frost with Movie Peggy Carter's face & Bucky Cap's gun/knife holster.

Right now I have five Jeans total. One is mine, naturally. One is for another board member (along with one of the Jamesons). I really only want two extra badge hands, but if anyone wants the Jeans they come with and don't care that I keep them, that'd be awesome. :sweat:

I have 10 Jamesons. One is mine, the other for said board member. I don't mind having all those newspapers, but I'm not sure what I'd do with eight blue suits, lol.

I have five Black Spideys, Daredevils, and Sin Eaters; minus one each for my collection.

I've got two Aunt Mays, keeping one, obviously.

Edited by TENIME_art

I'd planned on sticking Coulson's head on a Shield body, but now I have them I figure the guy deserve more than becoming a generic agent.

Really wasn't keen on the rubbish plastic his mate got either, for shame. Stuck his head and torso with the president Baltar suit. Looking at screenshots, it does look like hes wearing a navy suit, at least in the Avengers. Plus, he fits in a tiny bit more with his colleagues.

I just grabbed the other SHIELD agent 2-pack my LCS had and hopping on this bandwagon.

I don't mind having all those newspapers, but I'm not sure what I'd do with eight blue suits, lol.

The newspapers belong at a newspaper stand.

The blue suits can be used on customs for the upcoming "Men in Blue" sequel.

Wait... that's not right.

Clark Kent wore a blue suit! (That's one.) :confused: