UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Luke has a really nice Nick Fury decal over at the Factory, for anyone that wants to update their Nick and doesn't want the old, lame, head. Looks great with some Mr. Fantastic hair. I'm sure he won't mind me linking to this:

nickfury.jpg

GAH! That terrifying life-like Minimonstrosity is still there. At any rate, looks like I'll be trying my hand at decal applications soon.

I am going to need at least 8 of those SHIELD soldiers. :D

What are you going to do with all of those Aunt Mays?

Minimate Pinochle League!

I think a Zombie Aunt May might stagger onto the scene. ;)

Out of continuity! Peter ate Aunt May and MJ. As a Zombie. Need to clarify that statement, or it will lead to horrible mental images.

I thought Nick Fury was black?!

(now I'm just being snarky. :P )

Soon we will be offering new inkjet sticker paper too, instead of just the waterslide decal paper.

Luke, do you know if this new inkjet sticker paper will work with current aerosol sealants (if one is even needed?), or will it require something different?

Edited by youbastards

Soon we will be offering new inkjet sticker paper too, instead of just the waterslide decal paper.

Luke, do you know if this new inkjet sticker paper will work with current aerosol sealants (if one is even needed?), or will it require something different?

A sealant will not be needed at all. Just print, peel, and stick. The tests with the matte finish sticker paper have come out nicely. I am waiting for the glossy version to come in the mail, and then I can judge which is best for minimate use.

SHIELD, the super brief history:

SHIELD was originally started in response to the growing threat of "Them", a super-secret terrorist organization consisting of Hydra (paramilitary branch), AIM (science branch), and the Secret Empire (covert ops and infiltration branch) and headed by Baron Von Strucker. SHIELD was actually formed and headed by a secretive SHIELD council, of which only Tony Stark was a known member. The Council selected Fury to be the organizations Public Executive Director since he had experience fighting Strucker during WWII and gave Fury wide latitude on selecting his command team and how the organization would be run. Though Fury still answered to the Council, they were pretty much off everyone's radar. It has recently been revealed that one or more of the original SHIELD Council was a covert Them agent, and insured that the group could never completely accomplish their mission. Fury had lots of success anyway, and succeeded in breaking up them into the several smaller organizations we know now, and even killed Strucker, though the old Nazi got better. SHIELD grew larger and larger, and more and more corrupt elements crept in. Eventually some of the LMD androids SHIELD used obtained sentience, and began slowly replacing large sections of the organization with LMD's, including the SHIELD Council. Nick discovered what was going on, and with a handful of loyal agents took down his entire former organization. (the Fury vs SHIELD series hellpop mentioned.) Nick rebuilt SHIELD into a smaller, more covert organization. But as time went on, he discovered that the LMD's had not killed all the SHIELD agents they replaced as they claimed, but had merely captured and imprisoned them. With so much of the his old band back together, they recommissioned a new Helicarrier and went back to being the new old SHIELD, including the reinstated Council. Eventually Nick quit/was fired (depends on which you ask) and was replaced by Maria Hill, who in turn was replaced by Tony Stark. SHIELD was disbanded by Osborn and replaced with HAMMER. Steve Rogers took over after Osborn was deposed and restarted SHIELD yet again.

just got caught up with this thread and i like it! Though I will say i'm not super excited about the black spidey. Not a fan of the blue highlights on the head. It looks like a blue halo around his face. Maybe it will grow on me. I do love the fact we get JJJ and Sin Eater! I can now retire my Sin Eater custom, which was one of my first customs (back when I had time to do them).

Sigh. Soooooooo close. Missing only the lighter boots and gloves. Ah well.

Looks nice, except for his boots not going around his legs all the way. That will make for a difficult custom project.

I put the arms and legs from Wave 1 Daredevil (which had gloves and boots) on the body of the Marvel Knights Daredevil (which did not) to create my perfect Daredevil. Not sure this is better, but it's close.

So we've seen Spidey, May, Jonah, SHIELD Agent, and Daredevil, with two to go, which we all expect to be the Sin-Eater and either Betty Brant of Jean DeWolff. Any thoughts about who will be packed with who? I think one of the civies (May, Jonah, and Betty/Jean) has to be the variant, so another will be the regular with the SHIELD Agent. That would have to be Betty/Jean, right? I'd say Spidey/May makes the most sense, so we have Jonah with the SHIELD Agent, leaving Daredevil and the Sin-Eater. Though, if it's Jean, and she's not the variant, then putting her with the Sin-Eater would seem appropriate. There's a pack that would fly off the shelves! :unsure: