UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond Select Toys' Facebook contests

Dio

They are a success in my book too,i want to buy them but they are kinda expensive on ebay.I'm saying that they didn't sell that well.Though i'm not sure.If i was sony i'd let them produce a second wave,like microsoft did with halo.Halo sold more because they were army builders.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomb Raider is the most recognizable video game character in the world, and has starred in two movies. Kratos is, and has, not. Would have been cool, though.

Sony gets paid a guarantee regardless of how well they sell. I'm sure if the Sony line had done well at retail, we'd have tried to do another. But I don't think it did.

Before you pay high prices on eBay for them, ask anybody on this board to pick them up for you at TRU. Pretty sure most places still have them on sale.

For arguement sake, I would beg to differ on your thinking TR is the most recognized in the world Zach. I would say Pac Man or Mario might take that spot. Albeit they both sucked, Mario had a movie and a cartoon and has starred in infinitely more games than Lara Croft and has many more toys. And Pac Man is just iconic. The recognition that Mario has is why Nnintendo mates should become a reality.

• 4 weeks later...

Gorgeous, congrats.

Love that Hawkeye and Widow. She's obviously what was supposed to be the Iron Man 2 Widow, with a new head, but she passes. A little too tall and purple, though.

Hawkeye is fantastic, and my favorite Select, but his loincloth is really really tacky. Not crappy, but sticky. Wetwipes didn't even help. Need to brush dust off every now and then.

Gorgeous, congrats.

Love that Hawkeye and Widow. She's obviously what was supposed to be the Iron Man 2 Widow, with a new head, but she passes. A little too tall and purple, though.

Actually, the Black Widow movie prototype looked completely different. It has not been repurposed at all. I believe the J.G. Jones mini-series cover was the full inspiration for this one.

bwmarknghtt.jpg

And congrats, IABRH!

• 4 weeks later...

Expendables Swag Contest

The Expendables Minimates are out and ready for action, but how about you? Are you ready for action? Because Diamond Select Toys is giving away the first two box sets of Expendables Minimates — both the comic-shop exclusive set with Lee, Hale, Church and Tool AND the Toys “R” Us set with Barney, Mauser, Paine and Munroe — PLUS a massive, 8-foot-tall banner from the first movie! All you have to do is post a picture of an Expendables Minimate (take your own, or use one of the ones below) on your Tumblr, Twitter, Google+ or Facebook account, and send a link to the posting to collectdst@gmail.com! The winner will be notified on Tuesday, July 3, if they’re the winner!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DST 5,000 Facebook Likes Giveaway Contest

To paraphrase a popular movie, you don’t get to 5,000 fans on Facebook without giving away some toys. So in celebration of breaking 5,000 likes this week, DST is giving away a ton of free stuff, and you get to win what you like!

First, you need to “like” one of the following images in the “5000 Fans” Photo Gallery on the DST Facebook page:

- A pair of Universal Monsters toy prototypes

- A rare SDCC-exclusive R2-R9 Star Wars vinyl bank

- An SDCC-exclusive set of Amazing Spider-Man Minimates, plus original artwork!

- A set of three B&W Munsters in test packaging

- An unpainted Femme Fatales prototype

- A set of four rare Battle Beasts promo Minimates

Once you “lIke” an image, send an e-mail with the name of that toy line in the subject line to collectdst@gmail.com. “Like” as many items as you like, but you can only enter once for each item, and you can only win one item overall. Good luck!