UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst that '911' is pretty poignant to you US guys it's still pretty significant to all us other peoples.

It was a Bad Day.

As you get older (yawn) you get to realise...stuff. My youngest step-daughter (didn't know that did you?) gets married this September 11th. & I hope she remembers a beautiful day rather than this terrible anniversary. I can think of many f*cking awful 'days' in my life but what the hell good does it do you? Nobody will forget that awful shit day least of all me but you can't..you shouldn't.... let anniversaries f*ck every year up for you.

A bunch of Minimates..... that's all they are.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Nobody will forget that awful shit day least of all me but you can't..you shouldn't.... let anniversaries f*ck every year up for you.

Amen.

And I hope your step-daughter has a lovely wedding.

As for the exclusives - I dunno. Fire Fighter Spidey doesn't do anything for me, and I'm not really a zombie fan. But I love how they're recycling parts for the Zombies, though, and I'm very curious to know any future zombie plans.

$9.00

The hell? 0-o

I never got the whole 9/11 thing. Not why it happened, but rather people's reactions afterwards. Remember that episode of Hoarders where that woman cried every time she saw an American flag because it reminded her of 9/11? Stuff like that bugs me. Patriotism is fine. Uber Patriotism is unhealthy. Fanaticism is dangerous. I see too many cross the line of 'loving their country' into 'fanaticism', especially concerning 9/11.

I'm with YB though, just come straight out and say this is a tribute. I'd like to have seen these be either free, or a complete charity, and make up the cost on the Zombie set. It'd help justify the $9 these jack nuts are charging us.

Ah, but what about the mystery AFX NYCC project Zach was in frear of bodily injury about revealing during the chat? They said it was a four pack... of course they did not confirm these either.

Oh... easy pass personally. Look nice, but just not interested.

This isn't more exploitative than all the TV specials selling top dollar ad space. It's called capitolism, it's not always pretty.

Firefighter set is a big pass. Just more duplicate stuff.

Oh, but that zombie set. Yeeeeeeeeeeah, that's gonna be a keeper. I sure hope they have some left over, as I'd like to pick up a couple. Especially with the statement saying there'll be 2 heads. AND the whole bit about them being legion soon. Hope that means we'll get more zombies soon!

I love these two sentences in the zombie 2-pack description:

They are only the beginning, the first of many. Soon, they will be legion.

I'm surprised it took DST this long to get into generic zombies. With the part swapping feature of minimates, there could be hundreds of different zombie combinations to be had. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this new line of undead minimates.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I love these two sentences in the zombie 2-pack description:

They are only the beginning, the first of many. Soon, they will be legion.

I'm surprised it took DST this long to get into generic zombies. With the part swapping feature of minimates, there could be hundreds of different zombie combinations to be had. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this new line of undead minimates.

I would probably get zombie minimates (although I never picked up any of the Marvel Zombies).

Funny thing is I've never really liked zombies... but pop culture has been bombarded by zombies so much in the last decade that I've been braiiinswashed into thinking they're pretty neat.

Hmmm... what other generic nonlicensed minimates would I want (other than zombies and pirates).

Hmmm... what other generic nonlicensed minimates would I want (other than zombies and pirates).

Star Wars.

Haha Star Wars would certainly rejuvenate my interest in Minimates.

I guess cheap civilians would be nice... I've been using 24 and BSG minimates for such purposes. Like the blind packaged LEGO minifigs -- although they'd have to be cheaper than the single pack army builders for me to buy them. If the MAX line could go towards scientists/doctors and astronauts that would be lovely.

But yeah not too much beyond ninjas (already mentioned) really scream out at me.

Although I would love WUXIA type figures (think the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 'mates but generic Asian flying kung fu figures). My guess is they wouldn't be too popular but I would totally buy them and I think they could visually look very cool.

I would be ecstatic if they got the Fables license but since DC Minimates are out of the question, I can't imagine Fables minimates ever being made. So... fairy tales in the public domain could be a good consolation.

Okay, I think I got sidetracked far enough. I'd buy the NYCC packs if they were easy to obtain (retail price + shipping).

Funny thing is I've never really liked zombies... but pop culture has been bombarded by zombies so much in the last decade that I've been braiiinswashed into thinking they're pretty neat.

Nope. Still don't like them. I have never cared for zombie horror. Doubt that's going to change. But hey if that's your cup of tea knock yourselves out.

No, I will not surrender my Man-Card over not liking zombies. If you think I should, you're welcome to try and take it from me.