UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 Minimate Exclusives

ImABarRoomHero

Well, it's already been announced that there will be, as always, an SDCC Exclusive this year. What do you think we will see in the four pack? I'm kind of thinking a reflection of the Fear Itself arc. Would be nice to see a Sin, but ya never know....What are your guesses?

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it depends on whos doing the exclusive, AFX will do something thats popular (fear itself, avengers, Future foundation), Disney will do something that kids will know (popular characters like wolverine and hulk), and DST may actually do something the fans want (alpha flight, wrecking crew)

Breakfast Club 4 pack. Molly Ringwald and the principal will be the TRU Exclusive 2-pack. Dressed up Ally Sheedy and the janitor will be the other TRU 2-pack.

Oh, you mean from Marvel? I don't know. More black and white versions of previously released characters, I guess. Throw a beak onto Spiderman for good measure.

Edited by karamazov80

DST has already said that there's no plans on the books for Future Foundation right now. That doesn't rule them out, since its not like DST can answer a Q&A with the extended line plan laid out for fans, but it doesn't help their chances.

Someone should go for the Wrecking Crew 4 pack. I can just see it selling. Its a stand alone set ppl wont have to hunt like for Angel and they are a group that will go well against any of the majority of Marvel heroes.

Someone should go for the Wrecking Crew 4 pack. I can just see it selling. Its a stand alone set ppl wont have to hunt like for Angel and they are a group that will go well against any of the majority of Marvel heroes.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Ditto!

Definitely be something Thor and/or Cap related. Thor Through the Ages is a good bet (please Frog Thor please Frog Thor please Frog Thor!!!!!!), and maybe a Cap Friends and Foes set? Some variation of Cap (Heroes Reborn?), the Falcon, Baron Zemo and, I dunno, Batroc?

I hope we see something like the Champions set last year featuring some classic, long-wanted characters. West Coast Avengers? Alpha Flight? Wrecking Crew? Inhumans? Those all seem like great ideas.

And we'll get something modern, maybe Siege (it's never too late!) or Chaos War. Maybe a set for each of the Avengers teams-- Mighty, New, and Secret; I'm not familiar enough with the current rosters to give guesses, but I hope we get Hawkeye in his new costume.

- AFX will have a Thor movie boxset (with Powered up Thor & Remaining Warriors Three) and a MvC boxset.

I'm hoping the AFX set is Powered up Thor, Warriors Two, and Hawkeye. As for non-movie sets, I'd love Thor and the Warriors Three. Aside from movies, there's Fear Itself, but otherwise I don't know what big events are going on right now. The Wrecking Crew

(perfect choice) and 90's X-Factor would be cool, but they both seem to frequently get the not on the radar answer in Q&A's.

I am guessing an Inhumans box set and a Thor and the Warriors Three (comic versions) box set. Just seems like the time is right.

Please! LISTEN to this man!

If we got comic versions of the Warriors Three & Lady Sif and the Balder in the TRU series 12 turned out to be comic accurate I'd eat a Vault Breakout Spider-Man. No, really!

Edited by Mystery Man

I am guessing an Inhumans box set and a Thor and the Warriors Three (comic versions) box set. Just seems like the time is right.

Please! LISTEN to this man!

If we got comic versions of the Warriors Three & Lady Sif and the Balder in the TRU series 12 turned out to be comic accurate I'd eat a Vault Breakout Spider-Man. No, really!

Yes, Comic style Warrior's 3 would be awesome, but trade out Sif for Heimdall. That would make me one satisfied young gentlemen.

So thanks to Pickle and the TRU product listings, we know have a good idea what one of the exclusives will be - a Marvel vs. Capcom box set. My question is, will it be all-new characters from the game? A mix of new characters & Wave 1 characters? Or all Wave 1 characters in alternate costumes/colors from the game?

So thanks to Pickle and the TRU product listings, we know have a good idea what one of the exclusives will be - a Marvel vs. Capcom box set. My question is, will it be all-new characters from the game? A mix of new characters & Wave 1 characters? Or all Wave 1 characters in alternate costumes/colors from the game?

Considering it's TRU AND Comic-con, i'd bet on alternate costumes; of course, they'd need to be GOOD ones like Punisher Cap, a new Stealth Iron Man, that UDON-inspired Taskmaster, and maybe one of the chrome, Power Cosmicized villains.

IF they throw in a new character, i'd think Galactus, for the game and then the Heralds set.

http://networkedblogs.com/hepv5

go here...your ghostbuster minimates will love you for it!!

moc847

Would love to, but that ol' link just won't load for me.

This one does, though:

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/mattel-sdcc-2011-exclusives-preview-4047/

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Mystery Man

http://networkedblogs.com/hepv5

go here...your ghostbuster minimates will love you for it!!

moc847

I knew Mattel would pull through on providing the perfect Stay Puft for the minimates but not for their own figures!

See, Mattel's line is 1:12, that means in their line Stay Puft is only 20 feet tall, huge yes, but only big enough to loom menacingly over a 2 story house. (which actually is about the same height ratio as the current Bank Stay Puft is to the minimates, as at 10 inches tall with minimates being about 1:36 he's about 30 ft tall)

For the minimates Mattel's Stay Puft would be about 60 feet tall, granted he's still HALF his actual size (wikipedia list him as being between 100 to 130 feet tall, which I know wiki's aren't really trust worthy, but on nerdy crap like this you can bet SOMEONE painstakingly corrects ever piece of info to make sure it's cannon and what not) but since Mattel probably isn't willing to make a 40 inch one it's good enough

combine him with his fancy cardboard diorama and the upcoming Elite Scale Ecto-1 and the Real Ghostbuster (or which ever movie set you like best) are going to be all set thanks to Mattel.

back on topic:

-I bet there's an X-Men box set or a box set with X-Men in it, seems we've gotten one of those every comic con for the past few years so I wouldn't see the trend stopping now even it's something like "Powered up Thor! Hogun! Conan O'Brien! Wolverine in a Thor T-Shirt like he just watched the movie!!!" they'll find a way.

- DST/Previews will have a Brotherhood of Mutants boxset
Breakfast Club 4 pack. Molly Ringwald and the principal will be the TRU Exclusive 2-pack. Dressed up Ally Sheedy and the janitor will be the other TRU 2-pack.

Ihave no problem with any of these suggestions :thumbsup:

I think Alpha Flight stands a good chance. Chuck said once that they would get around to them eventually, and with the new series due with the original line-up the timing just seems right.