UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 Minimate Exclusives

ImABarRoomHero

No, but I would probably budget for three to four sets total if you're a completist. I'd bet TRU will do a RGB set, AFX will do this and maybe a movie Thor set, and DST will do some kind of Marvel set.

Perhaps a Marvel vs Capcom 3 set. ;)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I would probably budget for three to four sets total if you're a completist. I'd bet TRU will do a RGB set, AFX will do this and maybe a movie Thor set, and DST will do some kind of Marvel set.

Oh that's right, TRU "announced" an MVC boxset for Comic Con already, didn't they?

Oh that's right, TRU "announced" an MVC boxset for Comic Con already, didn't they?

And didn't DST mention something about a Disney wanting a Marvel exclusive set in time for SDCC, but if it wasn't ready it would end up as one of their store exclusives?

This is brutal, I really want to start seeing announcements of the exclusives, I hope they're as good as the last few years.

I can't let myself get too excited about a MVC3 box set, mostly b/c I know it wouldn't contain a MODOK. Though a new Super Skrull would be cool.

Nice, I just sent off a Q&A today asking about the announcement of SDCC exclusives! And it's good to finally get a glimpse of Arthur! Too bad you also have to look at the world's ugliest Deadpool repaint! :sick:

I hearby dub him "Ronald McDeadpool"! :)

Sigh....let the chaos begin....

"In addition to the box set, figure and statue, there will be four different individually bagged Minimates MAX figures given away throughout the show, while supplies last, as well as four Pirate Raiders Minimates that you can collect to create your own box set at the end of the weekend. A variety of Minimates and Femme Fatales posters will also be given away each day, and there will be a limited number of Minimate T-shirts available for sale at the Diamond Select Toys booth."

Edited by youbastards

:(

White Phoenix was like the only custom I ever made that didn't look like a two year old made it and now they go and supplant it with a proper one :(

It does look nice though!

Hmmm... the phrase "the only Alice Minimate that will be produced" makes me wonder if the Femmes Fatales boxset (Medusa, Anne Bonne, Red Riding Hood and Alice) shown at Toyfair is officially spiked. That would be sad. I kind of wanted the Anne Bonne and Medusa mates. Hopefully they would make it out in the Pirates line somehow if the set is DOA.

--edit--

After going back and reviewing the pics, I guess that foursome was never actually tagged as an official box set. So maybe they are individual/wave releases?...

Edited by Lobsterman

Hmmm... the phrase "the only Alice Minimate that will be produced" makes me wonder if the Femmes Fatales boxset (Medusa, Anne Bonne, Red Riding Hood and Alice) shown at Toyfair is officially spiked. That would be sad. I kind of wanted the Anne Bonne and Medusa mates. Hopefully they would make it out in the Pirates line somehow if the set is DOA.

--edit--

After going back and reviewing the pics, I guess that foursome was never actually tagged as an official box set. So maybe they are individual/wave releases?...

I think they mean the only Minimate produced from the "Alice" videogame. The "Alice" that was previewed at Toyfair with the other Femme Fatales DST properties, looks completely different and more inline with their in-house Femme Fatale properties, where the "SDCC Alice" is modeled straight off of American McGee's game of the same name.

DST Femme Fatale:

DST_FemmeFatalesAliceWonderlandPVCStatue.jpg

American McGee's Alice2: Madness Returns:

_-Alice-Madness-Returns-with-Free-Alice-Original-_.jpg

alicemini_1-197x300.jpg

Edited by youbastards

there will be plenty of products to appeal to fans of ... beautiful women

:lol:

So 8 promomates at SDCC? I get a feeling that it won't be all new figures, but old figures in the promo baggie (like the Dave School Batman).

The P2 variants on the MvC line has me very worrisome that it might get out of hand.

The eyes on the Alice 'mate is very alluring. I like!

Minimates T-shirts for sale! But I still want Chuck's Spidey t-shirt from last year...

Loving the P2 box set. Can't wait to see what other P2 costumes we'll get and maybe the possibility of P3 and 4.

The Max and Pirate exclusives sound cool, bar the small fortune it will cost me to track them down.

--edit--

I think they mean the only Minimate produced from the "Alice" videogame. The "Alice" that was previewed at Toyfair with the other Femme Fatales DST properties, looks completely different and more inline with their in-house Femme Fatale properties, where the "SDCC Alice" is modeled straight off of American McGee's game of the same name.

DST Femme Fatale:

DST_FemmeFatalesAliceWonderlandPVCStatue.jpg

American McGee's Alice2: Madness Returns:

_-Alice-Madness-Returns-with-Free-Alice-Original-_.jpg

alicemini_1-197x300.jpg

So that's who she is? From a video game? You know, for a company that claims to not do a lot with video games... they're doing a lot with video games.

Anyway, I don't know whether to be happy or sad that I'm not interested in any of these. :biggrin:

For the record - I am looking for any help in tracking down the Pirate exclusives. Rewards will increase in proportion to the amount of help, but shall not exceed my first-born.

I'm also now guessing that TRU's Marvel vs. Capcom set will be the remaining characters from the first wave in the Player 2 colors.

i will get the minimates out of habit but I am concerned about those giveaways. i assume it will be one of each every day?

Not the strongest release for DST SDCC exclusives. Re-paints are fine and all, I just thought we'd be getting something a little more grand. :confused:

Yeah, I feel the same way. I was hoping for some kind of Marvel comic wave tie-in.

Regarding MVC in general: with DST probably having to milk the hell out of the license to recoup costs (and a justifiable excuse to do it, with the demand for Player 2 versions), I'm sure we'll be seeing many, many, many more repaints over the course of the line.