UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Megaman. I downloaded Megaman I for my PS3 over the weekend. It's all in Japanese and a lot harder than I remember it being.

So, it looks like MvC3 Thor is the modern Thor. I would LOVE for DST to revisit him WITHOUT a powerhouse chest piece. The Moviemates and the Disney set look so much better than either of the modern Thor releases. That chest piece just kills him.

Yes. Megaman. I downloaded Megaman I for my PS3 over the weekend. It's all in Japanese and a lot harder than I remember it being.

Try downloading the new Megaman 9 and 10 releases for the Wii (if you have one). They will destroy you. It's like the game designers took everything you remember about and that made you good at Megaman games, and tweaked it just enough so it seems the same, and yet is nightmarishly more difficult.

I downloaded the demo for MM9 on PS3, and damn. . .it was way more frustrating than the originals, which is saying something. I didn't bother downloading the whole thing, because I know I would never get through it.

Though I think MM9 crosses a line to the ridiculous, I do like the idea of a game actually being difficult though. Nowadays, fans don't want to struggle through a game, so they're made more lengthy than hard (or are given multiplayer modes to give the game legs). Back in the NES days? They were just hard. I tried for hours recently to get past one part of Ghosts and Goblins, and I just had to give up.

When you start the game up again--you start at the beginning. I'm gonna buy an extra Arthur Minimate just so I can take all my bottled up G&G frustrations out on him.

Edited by karamazov80

Try downloading the new Megaman 9 and 10 releases for the Wii (if you have one). They will destroy you. It's like the game designers took everything you remember about and that made you good at Megaman games, and tweaked it just enough so it seems the same, and yet is nightmarishly more difficult.

Nothing can be as hard as Megaman 1. The unforgiving jumps, the nearly impossible Wily Stage 1 boss (the blob with the eye), and just the general toughness makes Megaman 1 one of the hardest games I've ever played. Megaman 9 is a fantastic return to form, but it's more in line with Megaman 5 in terms of difficulty.

Just throwing that out there.

Now here was me thinking that this thread was for the Minimates & the other Marvel vs. Capcom thread was for the conversations about the unforgiving jumps & the ....er..wily stage 1 boss :blink:

C'mon it's bad enough trying to follow the Minimate news let alone learn the black arts of whatever the f*c6 you are prattling on about :D That includes you Sam.

-assertiveheadsmate

I tried for hours recently to get past one part of Ghosts and Goblins, and I just had to give up.

I think the farthest I ever got was the halfway point of the first level.

Nothing can be as hard as Megaman 1. The unforgiving jumps, the nearly impossible Wily Stage 1 boss (the blob with the eye), and just the general toughness makes Megaman 1 one of the hardest games I've ever played. Megaman 9 is a fantastic return to form, but it's more in line with Megaman 5 in terms of difficulty.

Just throwing that out there.

Harder than Mega Man 2? That game, for me, was a challenge. IIRC, the farthest I got was that pink dragon.

Thanks for the feedback, Dio. As a non-gamer this train of thought wasn't something I considered before.

Everybody loves to cite Street Fighter wave 1 as a sign that this license is doomed to fail, but as BHM mentioned before those were vastly underrated waves that came pretty early in Minimate history and so may have had several factors working against them. Of course there's no guaranteeing the same issues won't hound MvC3 this time around, but I like to think that back then Minimates were still finding their voice (having just been newly acquired by DST at the time), and with the Marvel mates having made it to 37 waves this line might stand a better chance.

I bought what I could of the SF mates because I appreciated their nostalgia factor, though by the time I discovered them the line had already been dead and buried. Marvel still has an audience and people are still enjoying the games, who's to say that this line can't make both work in their favor?

Yeah, I wish I got into collecting Minimates sooner so I would have gotten the chance to jump on them. Personally, I blame Hollywood Video since they went out of business XD

So, it looks like MvC3 Thor is the modern Thor. I would LOVE for DST to revisit him WITHOUT a powerhouse chest piece. The Moviemates and the Disney set look so much better than either of the modern Thor releases. That chest piece just kills him.

To be fair, they made the original Mega Man games easier when they brought them over.

I downloaded the demo for MM9 on PS3, and damn. . .it was way more frustrating than the originals, which is saying something. I didn't bother downloading the whole thing, because I know I would never get through it.

Though I think MM9 crosses a line to the ridiculous, I do like the idea of a game actually being difficult though. Nowadays, fans don't want to struggle through a game, so they're made more lengthy than hard (or are given multiplayer modes to give the game legs). Back in the NES days? They were just hard. I tried for hours recently to get past one part of Ghosts and Goblins, and I just had to give up.

When you start the game up again--you start at the beginning. I'm gonna buy an extra Arthur Minimate just so I can take all my bottled up G&G frustrations out on him.

Yeah, I played MM10 at a friend's house and you have to do everything perfectly. They seriously put a lot of time into making these games. Especially the jumps, oy. If you're off by a pixel, you die. What I really like about 10 though (not sure if it's the same for 9, as I haven't played it yet) is that you can compete for the fastest times on playing through levels, and you can watch other people's replays. I also like the challenge mode, if you practice enough you can get really good at the game.

Umm... Why are we talking about Mega Man games when Marvel vs Capcom 3 just came out today? I would have bought the game already but I'm going to save some money and wait for a deal. I do have to say, though, the Minimates really made me more excited for the game.*

*board mandated Minimate comment

hey storm get it from Kmart. They're offering 25,000 pts with the purchase which equates to about 25 dollars.

Umm... Why are we talking about Mega Man games when Marvel vs Capcom 3 just came out today? I would have bought the game already but I'm going to save some money and wait for a deal. I do have to say, though, the Minimates really made me more excited for the game.*

*board mandated Minimate comment

ill be picking it up in march when they release the DLC for alternate costumes :D also i wouldnt mind if they released an army builder dump with: white phoenix, MODAM(after a MODOK comes out ofcourse), punisher cap, red she-hulk and stealth ironman

OK I'm going to take the not as subtle as Either Rob or Storm1:08 route...

This topic is for MvsC3 MINIMATES, if you want to talk Videogames (Especially ones that are not MvsC3) then we have a Whole section devoted to just that...

T.

I totally adore that little guy Zero (?) what a winner.

He really aughta have two regular hands. If DST doesn't include another one, I'll be sorely disappointed. He's known for his sword, not the buster.

If you want to see a silver lining, though--if this line succeeds (odds decline the longer it takes to get these on the shelf), then that could open the door for more videogame characters from similar franchises. . .if a Capcom deal is easy to put in place, then DST could conceivably do a couple of SF IV box sets. I don't want to speculate too much, but I do think this partially opens up the long-closed door regarding the potential for SF characters we don't have yet.

And if he ended up as he does in my mind's eye, a Minimate Vega would easily be in my top 5 Minimates.

Edited by karamazov80

If you want to see a silver lining, though--if this line succeeds (odds decline the longer it takes to get these on the shelf), then that could open the door for more videogame characters from similar franchises. . .if a Capcom deal is easy to put in place, then DST could conceivably do a couple of SF IV box sets. I don't want to speculate too much, but I do think this partially opens up the long-closed door regarding the potential for SF characters we don't have yet.

And if he ended up as he does in my mind's eye, a Minimate Vega would easily be in my top 5 Minimates.

I sure hope so. More SF and Mega Man characters, please, DST. :)

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 22 2011, 12:26 PM)
From DST's facebook:

Hey folks, we're back from TF and we want to ask, IF we had the Marvel VS Capcom 3 license, which character would you most like to see as a Minimate?

A) one that will actually make it to retail release ... and soon :D