UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

found them today. The case pack out was 3x Ironman/Hulk, 3x Spidey/Electro, 3x Wolverine/Vault Guard, 2x Spiderwoman/Molecule man, 1x Angel/Warpath

I can confirm that case ratio as that's what I found yesterday at one (of three) TRUs. I bought just 1x Angel/Warpath and 1xSpiderwoman/Molecule Man and left the rest as I was also buying 4xBSG (still need 3 more Raiders) vehicles which killed my "toy-allowance" with a quickness.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be Mattel and Target. scared.gif

I wish... I've yet to see a Mattel Exclusive at Target not reduced to like 75% off within 2 months of it showing up. (still kicks himself for not getting a $5 Batpod when he had the chance) and yet they still order more exclusives...

Maybe it's part of Targets stupid logic "sure we're loosing money on the toys, but the parents of the children buying them will want to pick up some household supplies and that's where we make our money back!... the man-child who buy toys no doubt will want a copy of Maxim, over priced candy, and DVD's that aren't really on sale when compared to electronic specialty store prices and that's where we make even more money back!!"... or maybe Mattel craves abuse and will pay Target back for any money lost from clearance pricing and then be forced to make new exclusives which then cost them more money "Here's your 7.5 million dollars back Target, sorry no one wanted the JLU six-packs.... what's that? you want to order 4 new JLU six-packs, 2 of them being repaints in less desirable colors then the ones you just clearenced? but, but... sigh. Yes Target, as you wish..."

Man it'd be awesome if mini-mates at TRU were like Mattel at Target, you don't see them for awhile then BOOM! They get a bunch in for $1, you buy them on the cheap and then they order MORE exclusives which get clearanced out... Awesome.

Nervous–

The red is very, very close. The Champs one has maybe 3% more yellow in it, but they're almost a match. I don't think it would be enough to notice from a few feet away. You probably wouldn't see it every single time you walked by your display case, and lay awake at night thinking about how it's almost a perfect match, but it's still that one little bit off, different enough to drive you maaaaaadddd!

I know you of all people wouldn't have that problem. :D

Hey thanks man, good to know. I actually think I'll be cool with that since a lot of times the paint is off on different parts anyway, lol

Clearly, dr baghead, you are not a JLU collector.

OOOOOOH, right, how they're mishandling the crap out of the singles and 3-packs... I just collect DCUC so I only know how it easy it was to find the Batman/Batgirl and Superman/Clark Kent 2-packs for like $3 way back when

Damn.

Wish I could get that Molecule Man set. Damn damn damn.

Went to a TRU today and checked their stuff, not even knowing these were out. They didn't have anything... so it's still a bummer, any way I slice it.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure they'll show-up soon. The only one I'd really worry about is that Angel/Warpath set (if you were wanting that) as it's the dreaded 1 per case (see:Bullseye/Moonstone) scenario. <_<

There is no way that BE/MS is rare . I thought the last DST Q & A more or less spelt it out....something like even the 'rarest TRU wave' will be more prolific than 'regular waves' ......check it out. I personally feel however that this Black Spider-Woman is a travesty .

I get tremendous help from you US guys regards TRU waves for which I'm grateful .

At one point this year I almost decided that collecting Minimates was just getting too hard & too expensive . I confess that I pay too much for stuff sometimes but as a total completist & a Minimate nut ....we all do,don't we?

BUT......If the only way I could keep my collection going was to pay $30 for a TRU exclusive variant set off of an ebay-seller .....DST/AA would lose one of their biggest customers....no hesitation.

Just don't pay the scalpers . You don't need a bloody price/rarity-guide to figure out the price that it is realistic to pay for these things .....just patience.

Perspective is perhaps necessary.......

I shan't do the link because I'm becoming paranoid about scalpers myself now but in the last few days on ebay there have been variant sets sold (by various sellers), MIB........ Black Elektra,Gen.Ross,Invisible Woman,Bearded Thor,Bolt Face,Emma Frost,Black Symbiote ......none of these sets made $10 each!!!!!

There is no way that BE/MS is rare . I thought the last DST Q & A more or less spelt it out....something like even the 'rarest TRU wave' will be more prolific than 'regular waves' ......check it out.

I still have never seen one in a Toys'R'Us. Ever.

(Or a Gooey Ray/Exploding Stay Puft. Had to get both from other board members. :unsure:)

However, before people get too upset about this, repeat to yourself, "at least they're not Mattel."

You want to see how to really screw fans with shoddy distribution?

It could be worse :)

At least they're not Hasbro. <_<

Ah the heady combination of Mattel and Wal-Mart... riddiculous.

You're right, it could be worse.

It could be Mattel and Target. scared.gif

Hasbro & Wal-Mart. Death sentence. :rolleyes:

I always freak out about not being able to find the TRU exclusives, but I have seen the BE/MS pack atleast 5 times. Infact, one of my local TRU stores had that and the Union Jack set hanging on the pegs together for about a week. The only one I've never seen was the stealth Iron man set.

See, I saw dozens of Union Jack/Wonderman & Stealth Movie Iron Man, and at different stores, too. I hooked a couple boardmembers up with them at random times, they were so plentiful here. But as soon as Bullseye/Moonstone hit, I've been having trouble finding any Minimates at TRU. Ghostbusters, BSG, T2... :(

My TRU didn't get the BE/MS wave in until like 2 months after everyone else was reporting getting them, but then the week people reported the new Wolverine Origins wave my TRU got those so I don't know what to expect with this new wave. I just hope that they show up sometime soon because I really want that Warpath and the Spiderwoman too!

Damn.

Wish I could get that Molecule Man set. Damn damn damn.

Went to a TRU today and checked their stuff, not even knowing these were out. They didn't have anything... so it's still a bummer, any way I slice it.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure they'll show-up soon. The only one I'd really worry about is that Angel/Warpath set (if you were wanting that) as it's the dreaded 1 per case (see:Bullseye/Moonstone) scenario. <_<

Which I am. Since I want that Angel super bad. AND I still haven't gotten a Bullseye/Moonstone either. :angry:

Excellent! Thanks for the pics of Electro.

Interesting that they gave Spider-Man a masked head. I'm will probably substitute that for one of the Peter Parker head on one of the newer spider man ones if the colors match up well.

Wow - Electro looks awesome! and i'm even finding myself not hating Insulated SM - he's different enough for me to not mind another spidey variation.

Can't WAIT to get me some of those electricity effects with Storm!

It's ridiculous the amount of stress Toys R Us puts us through for these crummy 2 packs. The other day I went in my locla Toys R Us and luckily found the new Wolverine 2 packs before they were online, the next day they were all gone. Plus when I ask an employee about shipments, they reply by saying they don't know what comes in their so called "shipments" especially minimates because they are given to them randomly. I propose we write comments to Toys R us like I did 5 minutes ago. I requested more shipments and even online purchases from their websites. Maybe the answer is writing them a letter, if a 1000 of us do it it will probably leave an impact for them to consider

It's ridiculous the amount of stress Toys R Us puts us through for these crummy 2 packs. The other day I went in my locla Toys R Us and luckily found the new Wolverine 2 packs before they were online, the next day they were all gone. Plus when I ask an employee about shipments, they reply by saying they don't know what comes in their so called "shipments" especially minimates because they are given to them randomly. I propose we write comments to Toys R us like I did 5 minutes ago. I requested more shipments and even online purchases from their websites. Maybe the answer is writing them a letter, if a 1000 of us do it it will probably leave an impact for them to consider

I'm probably up to near 50 letters sent to them from me alone. I don't think they care.

I'm probably up to near 50 letters sent to them from me alone. I don't think they care.

That really sux for all of us, but you are just 1 person. Imagine people from every part of the US and the UK. I greatly appreciate your effort but I still have hope......